Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

This is such a fucking tone deaf out of touch change. Look how many packs I have. I have NEVER slammed an exalt on my gear. It’s not worth it. You just buy a better item. With Harvest i actually spent a lot of time crafting and improving my own gear. It was exciting and rewarding. It still costed me hundreds of exalts to put together. I tried more builds than ever and played longer than any other league. Do not make this change.
"
Ruffleberg wrote:
"
Unshiftables wrote:
Thanks for clarifying that I don't need to budget for a supporter pack next season.

D2:R will be the same price as a Supporter Pack for me.

I didn't buy a Ritual pack because of the atrocious texture streaming and constant crashes in the presence of other players wearing mtx.

Have fun playing D2:R which will be a 1920x1080 resolution game that is still pixelated :)
Honestly I don't know how anyone can be hyped for any Blizzard titles, these remakes are Activision's way of getting a free money grab from D2 fan wagon. They don't care about the quality of the product, they just want the money so they show you things that you'll expect to see when it releases only to be disappointed when you realize it's not how it was suppose to be when it finally does release.

I mean honestly people think because the people behind Warcraft III: Reforge's disaster were fired that everything will be fine, but who do you think approves these games. Activision owns the company and knows full well how the game is before it goes live, they just fire employee's to shift the blame.
2015 account here

ok, we lived thru that awfull door simulation league, but THIS is a low brain decision.

want nerf harvest? remove it! and remove maven content too, its useless without harvest

once you nerfed harvest(reworked tags) after original league. thats not enough you really think? its not a 2 click lego constructor anymore at current state. TFT is not a problem, its just a tool that YOU should provide for us, not community (remember times when poe.trade was more popular than official trade site? or already forgot?)

PS: stop listening to reddit. all desicions you take from there are WORST ever. they will lay you to grave. (what next worst thought you will take there? nerf headhunter? Jesus, really?)

PPS: stop moderating, start listening.

PPPS: that man who offered that nerf should be retired tommorow for not understanding literally anything about this game. thats my personal opinion, sir
Wow, I'm honestly shocked and saddened to see this change. My most played leagues were Harvest and Ritual, tinkering with item crafts, making builds that were fun. It was so liberating to craft my own items over time. Not sure if I'll play the next league with these changes. All I really have to say.
Saw this coming a mile away. GGG hates the peasants having fun.
As much as all of this hurt the market on certain items. This made the game feel as if you didn't need to play every single day to have top tier gear. It also made crafting fun and gave you objectives and an end goal for pieces you wanted to craft. This is probably the most fun and confidence I have had with crafting. Don't take it away :(
Harvest crafting gave me a reason to continue playing once I was finished with my league goals and extended my play time by quite a lot.
With it removed I'll likely return to quitting sooner.
It was nice not to be forced to play meta skills to engage in end game content.
Bump... this topic isn’t getting enough attention.

Deterministic crafting = more fun than RNG
What I can tell you is my point of view and how I see it, obviously I can't speak for everyone or ANYONE else for that matter, but I can give you my 2 cents.
Personally, I think this is a huge mistake you're about to do, if you're going to do it.
I have been planning on being here the upcoming leagues as Ritual has been very enjoying for me, I bought a new PC just to be able to play this game on a decent quality, but ...
Me and my friends have come back to the game 2 years after first joining : synthesis league. Haven't played since because, honestly, it wasn't appealing enough to me. Synthesis was clunky and way too RNG to be fun, there wasn't a lot of activity in the endgame if you didn't like repeating content over and over again like a robot. It just wasn't fun to me. I like grinding. But not soul-less searching of a thing I've achieved over and over again just to improve it by 1% or saying I've done it on 2 different characters. That is NOT fun for people who are not commited to this game finacially. And I'm presuming it's not fun for them either, but hey..they're financially commited to content,right?
It just isn't, no matter how much time you're playing. I've got days when I log 10-12 hours of playing POE per day? It's been so much fun for me trying to catch up to everything and enjoying what this league has to offer with targeted farming, crafting between mapping sessions and so on, it has definitely made it worth coming back to the game after 2 years. But then..what's coming?
Alt spamming items to craft? Getting a 6mod item and having to remove one of them so you try and annul it? And then bricking and going back to a thousand tries while playing with a worthless piece of gear? I wouldn't enjoy running with a glove on my feet rather than shoes, that'd just be torture.
While I understand your reasoning behind this, this solution is not what you're looking for. Make the endgame tougher, don't nerf one of the few good things you've added to it this far.
If you can't offer ingame trading or a marketplace, let TFT be. It's what we HAVE to do to reach our goals. It may be clunky sometimes and it takes you out of the game for a few minutes per day, but it's something you can aspire to. It allows you to reach an outcome.

But enough, I won't keep rambling.

I would like to conclude, the majority of your players don't agree with the direction you plan on going. It pushes back against what the majority of your players enjoy while playing this game and you've decided it goes against your philosophy of the game. While that seems like a thing someone truly back-boned would do and it sounds like it's standing up for something, there have been countless video games going in the dump based on the same out-of-touch/overly optimistic approaches and you're about to make one of the biggest mistakes in the past years.
Please reconsider it. I will take my 1-200 bucks of MTX and flee to someone that lets me enjoy a good game. So will many others.
Please don't ruin this for us.
Peace out.
"Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it."
This feels so out of touch with the poe-playerbase.
When was the last time you used an Exalted orb on your Gear? With and without Harvest?
Anyone every wanted an upgrade and started spamming Choas Orbs on a base?

Then there is the point: Havest is to confusing because there are to many options. - How many items drop in your avarage map? Is anyone confused by how many items drop and dont know what to pick up? Then thats a skill to lern. Same goes for Harvest crafts. Learn which once to keep.

I get how people have a problem enganging with TFT. TFT just because popluar because ggg didnt crate a porper way to trade these carfts. TFT is a symptom, not the problem. Futhermor with those changes TFT is still nessesary to craft. We still have some powerfull crafts to trade eg "reforge keep suffix/prefix".

People like empy still will get their mirrortier Items. The less Hardcore you are about playing poe the more these changes hurt you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info