Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

This wouldn't be so bad if the reasoning wasn't so out of touch. I have to say it, but who tf slams an exalt on like that? Literally when I learned how to play the game, everyone says that no you're wasting currency if you do that. Save up and buy new items with it.

It's fine if you wanna nerf harvest, sure, but man if pre-harvest crafting was an actual viable strat for most people to upgrade their builds people wouldn't care to begin with.
Last edited by Nihigami on Mar 11, 2021, 8:16:06 PM
I feel like this will make me stop playing the game, harvest has helped me during my time with my new job and make my gearing experience feel very engaging instade of rolling the slots, especially how time limited I am now.
Just ran out of popcorn. Thanks all!!

Time to go buy more.
Logically explained, why this is stupid idea apriori, no matter what they say:

You don't want to have 1000 players who play 12+hours/day in your game online.

You want to have 100 000 players online who play 2-4 hours/day.

I assume you know maths here, why don't you make basic calculations?

It's not just that, there is more maths incoming:

Those 1000 players will still play your game, no matter what you do to it.

Otherwise, 100 000 players... They aren't that much in love in your game to play it no matter what.

I'd personally ignore full-day gamers opinion in this case, cause you can do anything you want with them, as developer to player, they wont leave you.

Are you sure ready to leave urself with that low active player count in next league?
great way to fuck 99% over due to fear of the 1% having too good items.

"slamming exalts" how can you be so disconnected from your own game.
I'm so glad I did not buy the sirus pack even though I was so tempted to. Harvest enabled the vast majority of players to do crafting themselves, because the current crafting system is utterly worthless outside of for professional crafters that have the knowledge of exactly which mods are worth anything and the odds being fractions of a percent chance of rolling. There is no way in hell people are gonna use exalts to yolo yeet with chances like those. On top of having to redo story every league being a massive hinderance to enjoyment and new movement skill restrictions during ritual which are really annoying. Pretty uncalled for nerf to bossing for deadeye (SURPRISE THERE ARE NO WALLS IN NEARBY IN MAJOR BOSSES). I hope some good competition shows up cause this is no way to go for game direction, harvest craft basically solved everyone's problem with the crafting system. Although it still felt like shit cause of all the alchemy orb crafting options, like who the hell has enough scourings for that. Also surprise chaos crafting is not meta incase you havent played for the last few leagues, which I doubt any of the staff reaching this manifesto's conclusion has.
Honestly just remove harvest if you're going to go through with these changes.

1. No one in their right mind harvest crafts a significant amount on uninfluenced bases. How about you just remove the ability to roll influenced mods with harvest instead. That way we can still Alt regal maven split imprint aug imprint regal maven with then clean up with harvest. This process is still super RNG based but at least it doesn't feel like absolute shit.

2. Targeted annuls removed entirely is kind of too far. How about just remove the MASSIVELY OP REMOVE/ADD craft? I seriously question the rationale behind keeping deterministic slams but removing deterministic annuls. If you are serious about removing deterministic annuls then how about you add a baseline roll to the augment crafts in general? Nothing would be worse than getting your double elevated base and hitting an aug life only to hit T9 life on an ilevel100 base. GG your item is bricked and you lost AT LEAST 50ex. This is not "fun."

3. This brings me to the next point I have. No one likes to brick an item you have spent hours crafting and dozens of hours farming currency only to brick it on a super low probability slam. I've quit leagues on situations like this. Harvest and more accessible crafting HELPS player retention and will only sell you more juicy MTX.

4. If you REALLY have an issue with TFT why then, does it seem, are you balancing around TFT? How about you actually address the core frustration that necessitates the service. Make it work like beasts with infinite or close to infinite craft space so you can, as you stated you want players to do, save your crafts for end game. Then allow the ability to create crafting orbs in some capacity. This will create an open market for crafts and give your team more insight into the actually problematic crafts and tweak their rarities on the fly if needed.

5. Harvest does not "invalidate" other crafting options. If you toned back the nerfs like I laid out and buffed delve back to as it was than literally every crafting option is still relevant. Essences are still used quite extensively, especially while leveling and with metacrafting. The top end crafted helmets still use essence crafting as well.

TL:DR All in all, I understand Harvest needs a nerf, but take a step back and REALLY think about what you are doing before implementing actual changes. Your heart is in the right place but these ideas are out of touch. Players are mad about how out of touch you guys are and not so much that harvest is being nerfed.
Imagine a game made by the people who comment in forums, it would be fucking awful.
"
Fenoch wrote:
"
namespace wrote:
Breaking my many, many year forum silence to point out that this kinda sucks. All this is doing is, one again, catering to the absolute top 0.01%, streamers and 15 hour a day players, complaining that the plebs may perhaps get a chance to get some ok items; Not mirror-tier (come on lol) but like, influence and some good rolls.

It's weird how progress like shards are good, but progress like tinkering on an item without bricking it is bad? I guess thanks for saving me the MTX costs by posting this early, I and friends were getting back into the game because filthy casuals such as ourselves with only 1-3 thousand hours were actually able to build some neat stuff without being 100% glued to the meta and just trading all day.

And as others said, "This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - This is AWFUL this is "Don't you have phones" no one does this I have been playing since alpha and I've exa slammed like... A jewel once with three good mods because I just didn't care about mod4 because of an odd build.

Same goes for you. Many many many years of enjoying a free game. Yet you feel the need to jump on the complaint bandwagon. Cool-. You should know better and know that this not even half as bad as the crying babies make it look to be.
How is the amount of money one has donated on a free product a measure of his opinion's validity? I play since 2013 but bought my first packs only a couple years ago. Did my opinions become valid and my arguments better the moment i pressed "pay now"?
This product is given to people for free. Everyone that uses it can state his thoughts about it.
Only reason I continued playing after finishing the 36 challenges was to have fun with harvest crafting....

GGG, without harvest crafting, you're going to lose a lot of people

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info