Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

GGG...how do you even come up with this sh*t is beyond me :D. Its like "Hey guys we are doing the best since release, looks like a lot of people are having fun playing the game right now since we cant handle the servers anymore, lets end this fun!"

like rly? Who comes up with this logic? :D
"
Sillrave wrote:
Worst changes ever, cmon guys dont be passive, we need all of you, leave a comment about this changes, so together i hope we can reject this update

GGG is stubborn. They have already stated there will be no amendments and the proposed changes will go through. BUT they are still listening to the community and APPRECIATE the feedback.
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
Nicksiren wrote:
This has been such a great league for SSF. Now what type of goals will I have for future SSF leagues? This change reduces my build diversity to playing the same cookie-cutter builds in order to even consider doing most endgame content in SSF.

This is one of the arguments that made me change my mind about this horrible nerf. They are basically killing a mechanic that is fun for casuals, non-casuals, ssf players, trade players, pretty much everybody.

BTW in his video about it, AsmodeusClips pointed out they censored a comment in this thread about fun being removed from the game because it was "toxic".

I got several posts removed by the mods.
So yeah i did one nasty negative coment making fun of that earlier but mostly my posts were constructive. It doesnt matter tho.

Asmodeus is pretty much 100% right on his take on this game and ggg state now adays
"
Ruffleberg wrote:
"
Sillrave wrote:
Worst changes ever, cmon guys dont be passive, we need all of you, leave a comment about this changes, so together i hope we can reject this update

GGG is stubborn. They have already stated there will be no amendments and the proposed changes will go through. BUT they are still listening to the community and APPRECIATE the feedback.

Where did they posted a response? I would love to read it.

Thank you sir
listen man i dont craft myself i hate the rng of crafting and the need to watch hours of crafting tutorial footage, but i do enjoy affordable prices on traded gear which is why the current harvest is a good thing.

i was able to build a pretty decent herald bombe character this league + working on an self cursing fire bv occultist.

dont nerf harvest IMPROVE it
Negative to positive responses 10:1

GGG, you are so f***ing out of touch.

We want real crafting. DETERMINISTIC. The community has made this abundantly clear. Do you hate our money/Support? Do you actually want us to go to D4 and other up and coming releases? Are you heavily vested in Blizzard?

Remember why you guys blew up in the first place? Because blizzard was making awful decisions for their games. Do you want the inverse to come true?

[Removed by Support]. The most broken game performance wise to ever exist, but with amazing content, and instead of fixing the performance, you are gutting the content.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 7:53:56 PM
Thanks for clarifying that I don't need to budget for a supporter pack next season.
"
HkDrOn3 wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

That's... not something 99.9% of players has or will ever do. Does the game have to be balanced for the absolute top of the top of the top of the top of players?

I am a wealthy player. I have maybe done this once in 4000 hours of playtime. This experience described here simply does NOT exist. Yes, it feels good to gamble items. No, it does not feel good when the only way to make comptetitive powerful stuff is gambling. If the tradoff for "crafting to be slightly more fun and engaging" completely breaks" crafting endgame gear "for 99,9% of the player base, it's NOT a good tradeoff. Vaaling is currently filling this niche. Original fossils, awakener's orbs and maven orbs are going in the right direction. This is running backwards.

Do you see players vaaling mirror worthy items on a regular basis? No. Gating crafting behind rng simply means only the most wealthy will engage in it because they can invest enough to average things out. Balancing this experience isn't something that should be done at the cost of the experience of the overwhelming majority of the rest of players.

Harvest crafting needs to drasticly change, and some of the nerfs here are completely adequate. But the reasoning behind these decisions seems random and based on very out of touch information.
Crafting has become the only way to make powerful gear since the conqueror's expantion. If this isn't completely removed (it won't), there NEEDS to be a way to obtain powerful gear that isn't gated behind something only the absolute top of players can do. Before nerfing harvest, remove the freaking split beast from the game that's been breaking the endgame economy every single league since it came out.
This post HAS to be accompanied with "How we are going to implement other crafting paths to make endgame items".

+1

That's legit rmt right there
"
HkDrOn3 wrote:
Where did they posted a response? I would love to read it.

Does GGG listen to the community? thread on Reddit.
Last edited by Ruffleberg on Mar 11, 2021, 8:01:28 PM
Not gonna say much, to not further the toxicity.
Harvest is very nice for those of us who do not play very much.

Please find a better solution if possible, than this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info