Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Ok, I don't have much of a problem with this nerf, but this is probably one of the most embarrassing things GGG people ever said (if someone actually said such a stupid thing, maybe Chris just came up with that bs).

This rivals with Blizzard's "Don't you guys have phones?"
Chris, I dont know why dont you remove crafting completely from this game if you love rng that much. Just make rare item drop more desirable mods, so identifying rare is more rewarding. You can also make a NPC where you trade your currencies for a random rare with high chance of high-tier mods.

If RNG is what you want, be true to yourself and delete crafting. Period!
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not.", After this phrase, you can stop reading, develop and play the game - this is not the same thing.
As long trading exists in this game, everything will be ruined because of it.

I remember when Beastiary was actually rewarding, Heist was, Betrayel was, Delve was...

It all was nerfed as people used third party tools to exploit it, crafting items that nobody alone will ever lay hands on.

From my point of view, removing trade is the only way to go, else this game will never get to the point where fun mechanics for solo players can remain alive and that means, POE is doomed to fail.

D1-D3, Wolcen and many more games are successfull because you can do things on your own without trading. It might take longer, but at least its possible.

Since the beastiary nerf, I have yet to find a portal beast, six links craft or something worthy. Leave alone prophecy where six linking, atziri mirror are non existend and I could go on with every single league mechanic that once was rewarding.

This game is all about trading and this is the problem with POE, not harvest or anything else.
Last edited by Ygidua on Mar 11, 2021, 4:38:31 PM
INCREASE THE GOD DAMN NUMBER OF STORED CRAFTS, AND SPREAD THE POWERFUL CRAFTS OUT OF HARVEST TO OTHER SYSTEMS SO WE CAN ACTUALLY SWAP RESISTANCES AROUND WHIL GEARING UP LOL, DONT FORCE ME TO DITCH THEM FOR HIGH END CRAFTS IF YOUR INTENTION IS FOR ME TO USE THEM
I play mostly in SSF league.

If you want to nerf harvest crafting, be it. Its actual implementation is bad but not reasons explained in the manifesto :
- it destroys pace when mapping : I don't want to loose 20 min each time I encounter harvest. I want to decide my agency not to endure it;
- harvest crafting don't have any cost. It is basically "currencies printing", except with better currencies than real in-game currencies.

We, players, still want to have access to these powerful and deterministic craft.
If you want players to use exalts for crafting, for example, you can add recipes on our old crafting bench requiring currencies. It would make sense to spend chaos orb, exalt, annulment orb in the craft bench to have a more specialized orb effect.

I don't mind having to unlock these craft option each league (as long there is a deterministic way to farm it and it's not a garbage betrayal unlock system :c).
Perhaps I'm a bit weird but I still enjoy doing chain prophecies to unlock the crafting recipes.

Great job on identifying and rectifying an imbalanced mechanic! Yes it is a nerf, and it will slow down the progression of rare item crafting. I want to be playing this game 10 years from now and if it gets to where I am farming endgame content in the 1st week of a league, then I would not last a year.
"
Ygidua wrote:
As long trading exists in this game, everything will be ruined because of it.

I remember when Beastiary was actually rewarding, Heist was, Betrayel was, Delve was...

It all was nerfed as people used third party tools to exploit it, crafting items that nobody alone will ever lay hands on.

From my point of view, removing trade is the only way to go, else this game will never get to the point where fun mechanics for solo players can remain alive and that means, POE is doomed to fail.

D1-D3, Wolcen and many more games are successfull because you can do things on your own without trading. It might take longer, but at least its possible.

Since the beastiary nerf, I have yet to find a portal beast, six links craft or something worthy. Leave alone prophecy where six linking, atziri mirror are non existend and I could go on with every single league mechanic that once was rewarding.

This game is all about trading and this is the problem with POE, not harvest or anything else.

no one forces you to trade.
play your game how you want to play it. don't force that view onto others.

bestiary, heist, delve, essence are still rewarding, maybe not for you, but for others like me it is.

and the sole fault on tft lies in GGG. people will find a convenient way to do what they like. if they have to go to a 3rd party, then it means GGG is doing something wrong.

"
sevens67 wrote:
Great job on identifying and rectifying an imbalanced mechanic! Yes it is a nerf, and it will slow down the progression of rare item crafting. I want to be playing this game 10 years from now and if it gets to where I am farming endgame content in the 1st week of a league, then I would not last a year.

Except a league last about 3 months ...

no one is forcing you to craft.

you like you game harder and slower, good for you.
that does not mean others share this.

you can always step down, other are not able to step up.
Hi! I'm Chris Gambilson form Gamble Gamb Gambes! Do you not have Exalts Exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info