Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
drildgen wrote:
I know it's gonna be hard to filter good suggestions/ideas out of this storm. But here's my solution, from a game designer perspective to another:

==== SUGGESTION ====

Harvest encounters stay the same, perhaps keep the +60% chances to spawn in maps, that's fine.

Kill the monsters to reveal your crafts.

Crafts can only be applied to currencies:

Get a "FIRE" mod: Put a currency (Exalt) into the craft box and voilà! "Fiery Exalted Orb" (Add 1 Random Fire affix to a Rare Item)

Get a "DEFENSE" mod: Put a currency (Chaos) into the craft box and voilà! "Defensive Chaos Orb" (Reroll a Rare item with a Random Defense Mod)

Get a "LIFE" mod: Put a currency (Annul) into the craft box and voilà! "Orb of Life Annulment" (Remove a Random Life Affix from an item)

etc...
+Currencies can be sold on your own Trade website. No need for TFT Discord anymore.

+Harvest is saved. TFT is negated.

WIN WIN, WIN.

still a huge nerf, I've beaten A8 Sirus (failed 3 times before doing so) and Uber Atziri, Uber Elder.... completed 100% delirius map and I couldn't afford this way of crafting. My build is worth like 30-50 exalts and I have like 4 exalts in the bank. That is because I sell content to others as well. I'd like to use my delirium orbs but I couldn't, I'd like to farm Sirus but I couldn't. So I had to sell content to others so I could finally beat it. If I have to use exalts to craft I am not reaching this level and if I'm not reaching this level what's the point of playing anymore?
"
Please reconsider these changes to still let people have fun with Harvest and try to target harvest craft trading instead, plenty of solutions have been posted.

^
This

and this
v
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA
I thought Chris Wilson's opening post was well written and thought out. It would seem from his OP that the two big mistakes made was releasing harvest the way it was in the first place and then compounding that error by releasing the insufficiently nerfed harvest in the second place. It pains me to see all the folks that are upset by this decision by GGG. PoE is a fun game with or without harvest is what I'd like to remind folks.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I am a semi-casual player. I do not do leagues as I cannot stand wasting time to level characters to mapping stage. Harvest crafting was a way to BRING hope that one day I would be able to create a meaningful item that would elevate my gaming to a higher standar. This hope for a realistic chance of crafting something nice drove me to play. With harvest nerfed, I am just going to quit playing. I am not a super fan of hardcore crafting and this is now the only way to push characters in POE. With Harvest nerfed I will not feel like playing the game as droping meaningful loot is almost impossible. Crafting has become so complex now, that it seems one cannot create an item without watching a guide about it on YT. POE is a great game, I love the systems that are introduced to the game, but it is just sooo unfriendly to casual or semi-casual players. Experimenting with new skills and builds is a nightmare (having to constantly socket gem in and out). The total lack of UI for this is just so surprising for me. Trying out a new build takes days to logistically organize, which is such a pitty, as there are so many skills that I would love to try out, but without all the hassle. I will stop my rambling here, I think I am just getting old and stupid and need a simpler game. Cheers
Don't mind the nerf of harvest as it makes the trust issue connected to harvest beeing semi-tradable less bad.
Current crafting system is okey, even if you would remove harvest at all, fossils is cool, BUT to craft with fossils you have to spend a lot of time to buy fossils from spamming 310832901382091 players.

So if you removing FASTEST way to craft items, please make normal & fast in game trade for common players, who cant play 12 hours per day

Last edited by golont on Mar 11, 2021, 4:19:45 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
I thought Chris Wilson's opening post was well written and thought out. It would seem from his OP that the two big mistakes made was releasing harvest the way it was in the first place and then compounding that error by releasing the insufficiently nerfed harvest in the second place. It pains me to see all the folks that are upset by this decision by GGG. PoE is a fun game with or without harvest is what I'd like to remind folks.

No it’s not, not everyone has the time to waste grinding for currency like a monkey to even have the remote chance of getting crafts like these reliably.
"
drildgen wrote:
Crafts can only be applied to currencies

This is my only wish since ggg decided to return the harvest. But the chance of proc aug/annul mods should be very low
Way to make once again gate 90% of the fun content behind a huge RNG wall of not funness. If you like me dont have 4+ hours each day to grind mindlessly the game is so gatet.

Also dear Chris. No regular player ever exalts spam. With the drop rate of exalts being so low, you buy stuff for them. Chaos spam? its not fun, and its allmost never worth while, with the amount of suffexis, prefixes and what not.

harves was worth while, just make the really powerfull stuff less common. Your fix, is like killing the patient to cure the deaease
good solution, harvest is just very bad gameplay now. Much better than any other mechanics. If you get zana you always go for harvest no matter what, this show how broken it is.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info