Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

When you understand that it is the fun that makes players stay longer and appoints intensive farming to have currency without once losing a viable item for its build and having to pass the trade, we will have done a big job!

The mirror items that I don't even have through Discord with harvest craft. It's always amazing to get to this point and break everything like that. As some have pointed out, you could very well have kept the system in place and bind the item up once it went through the artisanal harvest, but no.

Maybe it's time to test and play your own game, the difficulty is good, but having to farm a currency like a [Removed by Support] because you will NEVER find the desired item is stupid. It is true that it is super fun for a large part of the players to choose between keeping their exalts to buy an item in the market or slam them on an item that has two or even three good affixes, the choice is quickly obvious!

You would create an auction house that would prevent players from finding ways to trade like Harvest with Discord. And if you want to keep players with your current trading system which is anything but fun, PLAY YOUR GAME and see if it's fun to buy maps or anything else have to go through a discord to trade or external website.

[Removed by Support], there is a point where you have to come back to earth and listen to player feedback. You want to retain players, KEEP A FUN SIDE IN THE GAME! With the addition of influenced objects (therefore more affixes), do you find it "fun" to slam an exalted orb on it like a [Removed by Support] in yolo mode on already very expensive bases? It's adding RNG over RNG over RNG, it's just stupid ... But the really big players with over 12 hours of play per day won't see the difference, but the other 99% will.
Last edited by Will_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 3:53:28 PM
I appreciate the explanation as to why you're making what is going to be an unpopular change. Sometimes you have to nerf things to prevent a game from going too far in one direction. A guild member showed me an item he had made through harvest, and it was kind of ridiculous, lol.
GGG is insane.... Just make that you can't trade crafts somehow... SSF crafting in trade league is the most fun i had in POE since BETA! I hate having to trust people with my item for the craft so i just do it SSF... AND IT'S AMAZING! I worked all month to craft my BIS ammulet... 1 FU****** MONTH FOR MY AMMULET... IS THAT BAD FOR YOU? F*** this shit... I think i got like 3 remove add life the whole league... JUST MAKE THE CRAFT SSF AND YOU SOLVE THE "LETS ALL GO TO TFT AND HAVE A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR BIS ITEMS" STUFF... Everyone will work on theyr own stuff or they will craft meta shit to sell.... everyone is happy AND WE PLAY A GAME TO HAVE FUN! Comeon...

YOU KNOW WHAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM OF YOUR GAME? BEAST SPLIT AND BEAST DUPING STUFF...

INSANE!
Hmm

Just saying..there is 460 replies as average for any of initial page topics in "Development Manifesto" forum. This one has around 2900 posts in one day (it hasn't ended yet).

I think data suggests that players are not happy with stated changes in PoE right now..
They did this because Tencent told them to do this. You see, they sell exalts through an "unofficial" website and sales were really down this league even though it was the most played league with highest player retention.. Because people could craft their gear and if you can craft your gear you don't need exalts to buy it.
I don't care, all i have to say is owo
Seems like a super bad solution and completely out of touch with the playerbase way of "fixing" something that is yes strong, but actually still has its hurdles, an example being if you try to craft or awakener orb an item if it hits stun or mana mods its most often just a dead item unless you hit the annuls or use beastcrafting. The part about annuls and exalts (metacrafting) is something none other that the multimirror players is really able to do to craft decent items, something most (99%) of players in a league never get to a point which is why before when people did these kind of items was mainly players in standard which is flooded with these currencies, but hey people generally dont play standard they play the new content you give them.

Personally i never played the game as much as this league, thanks to the majority of different ways to make currency, but mainly due to the fact that i was able to keep upgrading my gear as i accumulated more currency and actually be happy about the fact that i crafted every piece of gear i wear myself. This has been super great, whereas i would usually make the builds i play and every piece of rare gear maybe would have 1-3 mods i actually wanted on them, after i had gotten those gearpieces i would pretty much quit since getting upgrades would have been so out of my reach, and i am a player that makes a decent amount of currency (and have dropped 3 mirrors in 3 different leagues). There are already many other deterministic ways of making items but harvest actually made it possible to make good gear for both the lowend to players that plays a lot, but still doesnt come near that 1% of players whos bathing in mirrors. There are so many ways to "fix/nerf" harvest that is not this way, can only imagine this is due to the fact that you dont really play your own game. It seems like you dont really want to have a playerbase for more than the first 2 weeks of a league at most.

Does it feel terrible to use a discord server to trade these crafts? YES but its way more convenient to see if u can trust another player through the vouches on that discord server than it is going onto every players account on the website to see if they are trustable. People used that discord sever before harvest though since almost nobody has all the benchcrafts and was one of the better ways to get in touch with someone that had all benchcraft and could be trusted with your items.
After harvest league, many players quit super early in heist because they got to this point where it was near impossible to get the same kind of items as in harvest, this will surely happen again. guessing i wont be playing the next league even though i played the game for so many years.

#DONTKILLHARVEST
"
jeppew wrote:
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Maybe that design team member should try to actually play the game they are working on. Removing something loved by players to "preserve" an aspect of the game that doesn't even exist is really dumb, nobody does this with their exalts because it's a terrible waste.

they got banned from tft for being toxic :D now they angry and ruin harvest for everyone :D joke ofc :D
so much hate on this thread. it ends very badly for theyr income soon thats just handful of players who are aware that nerf is coming.

main reason nerf is coming bcs top crafters have finished theyr items and more. and want harvest nerfed to gain more profits from mirroring those junks. bcs they have insvested so many money on supporter packs. and ggg dont want to turn back to them.

i dont buy or mirror gear formyself. i always craft them myself but build still sucks. its never enough.
fk archnemesis.
"
Daemonion wrote:
Hmm

Just saying..there is 460 replies as average for any of initial page topics in "Development Manifesto" forum. This one has around 2900 posts in one day (it hasn't ended yet).

I think data suggests that players are not happy with stated changes in PoE right now..

If I could write here how unhappy I am they'd erase it(already did). Just to give you an idea, if I could express how unhappy about this I am in the real world you'd hear on the news about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info