Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Sadge
OMG, GGG can't do this to us.
How many players get to the red maps or sirus on aw 5? How many players will make these mirror tier items with the harvest mechanic? In my opinion, fair solution is to simply limit aug drops and remove's add, not remove them altogether from game. Pls GGG...
I've to say that since I've read this post 4 hours ago I feel uneasy, with the number of replies and the general tone of those I'm quite sure it's shared.

Seems to me that you only adressed your own worries; that it makes decent gear accessible with a bit of work and makes possible to reliably improve items that have a few defects. First of, while harvest is indeed powerful, crafting is still a process, harvest is finally making it accessible to a larger players base.

Like many said, even tho there are many crafting options and it's an enormous part of the game, most players hardly ever craft anything satisfactory or at all without harvest. A few items like boots, belts, helmets are quite easy to improve with harvest, getting ppl started on the harder content and farm for the harder to get items but you won't get a full op stuff in a few hours still.

Why the worry? Did we all play less? Did we buy less?
The community's concerns where about the harvest crafts trade, which you didn't adress at all, we keep having to rely on third party programs to make playing enjoyable and rewarding.

For what i've seen the economy was'nt that destabilised by harvest, I played more than I did in most leagues, didn't do any TFT trades but shared a few crafts with friends because the horticrafting station just isn't cuting it.
All in all a decent league even if there are a few issues about how harvest was implemented.

Isn't your purpose to make players play? Just make crafts itemisables like prophecies, balance the crafts drop rates slowly, we can do with less trash crafts for exemple, maybe even give us the ability to pick the kind of crafts we would like to see generated more often while reducing the overall numbers of crafts we receive.

So many possibilities, maybe be less concerned with what you envisionned 8 years ago and ask what the people want now.
"
GKPlight wrote:
"
even people who enjoyed the crafting hated the way it was implemented, now its implemented in an amazingly simple way.

I would not say it, it still need lot of improvement.

The 2 main problems are :
-Harvest is actually the only important mechanic that allow to improve the stuff. (and about gameplay, it is one of the less interesting)
-The way to trade it is very bad.

The solution :
To have "exalted fire orb", "exalted caster orb", "annulment cold orb"...
That can also drop in the other league mechanic.

i really like this idea, PoE desperatly need a crafting system that is directed and not just more rng behind more gambling.

slaming annul orbs and exalted orbs is just for people that do youtube vids.
Harvest for me was and is The Great Equalizer. Seems 3.14 Harvest will be 70...80% one fossil craft, conclusion skippable. Problem is (near) perfect items. Maybe design endgame that does not require (near) perfect items? Currently i have feeling, that endgame is driven by those perfect item wielders.

OK, fine some Harvest changes are coming. Remove some attack, physical, life and defence craft, but please keep resistance crafts. Or make Harvest specific to resistance (inc. chaos res) craft, so players would have to find or craft life, attack etc mods on base and fine tune resistances with Harvest.

PS. Has GGG ever thought about removing some (you know which ones) beastcrafts? Just something to think about.

EDIT. I reread my post and i clarify what i mean by keep resistance crafts. I use add/remove cold, fire, lightning and chaos mods to get resistances on gear.

One more afterthought. What is endgame anyway? Farming currency and buying overpriced gear? Yeah, pretty much. After getting EX drop you dont use it right away on item, you collect them to buy stuff.
Last edited by Kasepats on Mar 11, 2021, 5:11:47 PM
Might it be that the GGG high-ups are just too dumb to spot that the game became a lot more popular with Harvest, but GGG competitors see that clearly?

This way of dealing with Harvest is literally shooting an own leg, it seems like not too many people inside GGG are interested in PoE dropping the usual status of 'the game for no-lifers'.
ITS A JOKE?
#DONTKILLHARVEST
"
LogazdoR wrote:
How many players get to the red maps or sirus on aw 5? How many players will make these mirror tier items with the harvest mechanic? In my opinion, fair solution is to simply limit aug drops and remove's add, not remove them altogether from game. Pls GGG...

literaly 99% dont care about mirror tier items, most cant craft or afford them and once the league ends these items end up in standard and are gone.
They post this radical idea which they have no intention of passing into the game. What they want is to nerf harvest a little bit and seem like they're the good guys for listening to the community. snakes, the lot of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info