Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
astrartea wrote:
"
SuperDrop wrote:
"
astrartea wrote:
Hilarious to see people saying that it is too easy to make GG mirror tier items with harvest who don't have a single GG mirror tier item on their characters.
Like if it's so easy why tf are you running around with t6 ES on your gloves and 20% MS boots lmao.

bcs they have listed them for sale. they dont need those items. they want currency to gamble hh. think before you quack like a crow.

You are beyond [Removed by Support] if you think anyone is listing mirror gear for sale to buy or gamble a headhunter lmao. HH costs a fraction of what a mirror tier item costs. Not to mention that if you craft a GG item you're just gonna do mirror service, not fucking sell it.

you have no idea :D i gambled myself 2 mirrors worth anci orbs for hhs. what else you do with currency ? rmt ? lOoK At mE I lInK yUo mY eX stACk. nobody cares. just some of players who hoard. but majority just gambles.

mirror service :D ahah gl with it. you are so toxic that my half eaten toast eat itself from fear :D just calm. people gamble and they dont care about selling "mirror tier shity item for less for gambling" youngster
fk archnemesis.
This change is bad. Developers need to rethink this change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA

Unfortunately I had to skip Harvest league but I was looking forward to Ritual to see this crafting system. I had a blast with it.
It was the first league I really got into planning and crafting an item using orbs, bench crafting, beast crafting and harvest combined. It didn't end up being a mirror tier item as far as I know but it was a nice upgrade to my character and I was super happy when I finally had every type of mod I wanted on it.
Nerfing this to the ground and making it basically useless for the average player is not the right move imo. if I were you I'd get back to the planning table.
Also, I'm playing on and off since the game came out in 2013. It isn't my first league when I got to T16 maps. I never slammed an Exalt and never will...
I don't have a lot of skin in this discussion because I'm a casual league player who researches a fun looking build and plays it to red maps and/or a couple hundred delve depth. I will say that Ritual/Harvest leagues allowed me an easier time to gear characters enough to where I felt like tackling endgame encounters, something I normally don't do due to losing interest.

I can get myself maybe 15-20ex in a given league that I'm interested in. There's absolutely no way I'm going to engage in gambling crafting with that budget, it's just not possible. I also never jumped into the discord endgame, but even still I was able to make quite some nifty mid-tier items using some lucky harvest crafts. It's going to be a real bummer losing that.
#DONTKILLHARVEST
RATPACK
you guys at GGG took a hell of a path there
Last edited by IronMinio on Apr 1, 2021, 3:46:14 PM
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Maybe that design team member should try to actually play the game they are working on. Removing something loved by players to "preserve" an aspect of the game that doesn't even exist is really dumb, nobody does this with their exalts because it's a terrible waste.
Good nerf. One more thing you just don’t care about anymore. It’s too much content, never have time to do all.
Well, I guess I'll just go back to the usual crafting : nearly NOTHING. I even prefer the globally horrendous trade system. At least I'm not locked behind RNG wall. Slowly grinding currency at my own pace or hoping for a harvest was nice... Crafting was always mandatory, with those shiny [thingy with unique effect]'s orb. It's rewarding to find a rare currency and trade it for something good. It's not really rewarding to be lucky at gambling, especially on "big" gamble : either you're rich enough and you just don't really care, either you pray you're not going to brick it or get completely broke... not my kind of fun. Yes, the thingy is rare and all, nice...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info