Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

POE is a great game and I have played on and off for a long time. What frustrates me most is the constant adding and changing game mechanics. I spent a good amount time to learn about harvest crafting this league as I think it's a fun mechanic. All of sudden all those time I spent are wasted. D2 didnt become the fan favorite RPG game for decades because of endless seasons and power creep. Sharpen your core mechanics and if it resonates with players you will have a strong and healthy game base.
I played more on this league than I ever played the game because I could feel a progression achievement (now at 1200 hours) and was even happy to introduce friends to the system.

3 main sources of craft, leaving possibilities for every single type of players.
- Pure RNG easily overly accessible with Orbs.
- Oriented RNG with Medium access with Fossils.
- Deterministic but Hard to get with harvest.

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." You should upmost probably fire this dangerous guy, or at least keep him away from the game design decision group.

The "Pure luck" philosophy is just a waste of time to scroll all the trash items on the floor to hope for the golden gem, unless you implement a better item filter that will allow players to filter out those golden mods out of the trash city. As a Casual player, not knowing what items to target, it is just bypassed, "no, not gonna waste my times and my eyes on that".

I'm glad I played this league when the system was fun, and learning the crafting system was great, I'm never coming back to despair on the system being torn apart. Bad Game design choice GGG.
Fuck all self crafting and more dealing with shitty people and their overpriced, afk, unresponsive trades, am I right, fuckers? SOOO much better than being self reliant...
Harvest is too op and boring. Truth is you can beat all the content in the game with gear half as good as what you can get this league. Good GG items don't make me jealous anymore, because there are so many of them. I think this is a good change. Maybe people will pick up influenced rares now and then...:)
Poor decision. Abyssmal actually .. as it was now you still had to trade crafts with other players to actually get good items finished. It was the most positive change in the entire history of PoE to implement harvest as it was in ritual. Less rng would be a great thing for the game. Having determenistic options was a great thing for the game.

Why remove the good stuff from the game?
Not my game anymore. | michaelstrangefoundationdotorg | r>=0
Hilarious to see people saying that it is too easy to make GG mirror tier items with harvest who don't have a single GG mirror tier item on their characters.
Like if it's so easy why tf are you running around with t6 ES on your gloves and 20% MS boots lmao.
"
DarkKwiskas wrote:
Maybe this could have been more conditional?

If SSF, keep it easy to craft, mark the item with a flag "untradeable", and if the player wants to move to trade league, the item will still be usable, while you avoid the spread of mirror tier items. Looks good for SSF.

If trade league, make sure the probabilities are not the same level as SSF. Tthe untradeable flag on some of those most powerful crafts can still be applied, and the problem is solved.

LOL!!!! It has been stated time and time again that the game is not balanced around SSF. Why should one set of players get better stuff than the others? How about all the harvest crafts makes an item account bound, like what literally 97% of other people said on this post? I love how SSF players think they are special and need special care lmao!!!
"
astrartea wrote:
Hilarious to see people saying that it is too easy to make GG mirror tier items with harvest who don't have a single GG mirror tier item on their characters.
Like if it's so easy why tf are you running around with t6 ES on your gloves and 20% MS boots lmao.

BIG TRUE.

I have a good idea for GGG, for the greater good ONLY WHITE ITEMS from now on.
It's almost as if GGG is completely out of touch with their game and its playerbase. You're clueless, it seems.

Who the hell exalt slams their items? Why do you only listen to the minority of players who these changes do not affect them at all? The only players who will be impacted by these are, and you guessed it right, the majority of us.

Really dropped the ball there, GGG.
Oh no!
Anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info