Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

congratulations of going back in time to favour the 1% of the top players that can craft nice items, this cant be the solution, it all makes sense in Pathofmath video, do you realy want that to happen? go back to how crafting was before? Harvest was rare as it was, just make the crafts more rare or something, this is the best that GGG has to offer as a solution to Harvest crafting?
"
Jadran wrote:
So wait, several months ago, before Harvest even existed, PoE was a bad game? Because this thread makes it sound like it will be a bad game now after Harvest is nerfed. I don't get this logic. I'd assume tons of people had fun with it before Harvest.

It's like: imagine you eat ice cream for the 1st time in your life. It's absolutely phenomenal. Now, several months later your parents come and say - no more ice cream for you son, it's actually not good for your teeth and overall health. So yeah, most kids would throw a tantrum here. But does it mean life berfore ice cream was terrible?

I will still play this game, it is just that i won't spend 3 months on it playing daily and theorycrafting and materialising my ideas into actual characters. I will play it for few weeks, make 2 chars max, one budget farmer one that I theorycrafted, get to the final boss of the league, quit the game and wait next league.
R.I.P POE

In the last Seasons you always make one step forward and two steps back.
You will again lose players for this "necessary" changes.
While I know almost no one cares about consoles (yes GGG, this includes you), but this change greatly affects us due to much lower population and lack of the volumes to trade. We just don’t have the shear volume of crafts available the trade.

It seems to me that so many of the folks complaining about it being so easy are those that just acquire their crafts from trade.

I have done many, many harvests and have seen very few top end crafts - but those I have gotten have been really fun to start getting better gear. I have enjoyed crafting my gear - that is the joy - not trying to exalt slam and get T10 useless mods on an ilevel 86 item.

I guess this means I go back to being a field hand farming the currency......
Why destroy the whole purpose of harvest crafting and ruin endgame itemisation for like 99% of casual players, like it was pretty much before the Harvest league?

My suggestion would be to make items that were altered through harvest crafting untradable, so the discord fiesta doesn't make it so easy to get the desired craft anymore.
Or lose some tags on some mods, so they won't be easily obtainable or forced by harvest crafts.

There are a number of ways nerfing harvest, but in my opinion the game was finally at a point where, if you put enough time in, anybody could at some point craft their first really good item piece for endgame and not have to farm 40 exalts until you go to the trade website and buy it from the 1% who somehow got all the currency in the world to have those crafted.

Please don't ruin influenced item crafting.
"
Jadran wrote:
So wait, several months ago, before Harvest even existed, PoE was a bad game? Because this thread makes it sound like it will be a bad game now after Harvest is nerfed. I don't get this logic. I'd assume tons of people had fun with it before Harvest.

It's like: imagine you eat ice cream for the 1st time in your life. It's absolutely phenomenal. Now, several months later your parents come and say - no more ice cream for you son, it's actually not good for your teeth and overall health. So yeah, most kids would throw a tantrum here. But does it mean life berfore ice cream was terrible?

Exactly this. I didn't even play Harvest and i still loved the game before. I won't "miss" Harvest whatsoever.
GGG should listen to its community. This day-one thread has four more times replies than the previous crap-talk about trading system, and what about this manifesto now, huh? (Chinese built-in market, it was bad but, really?) Start playing your own game or just listen to those who really does and not these top-100 players.
Good, This post clearly explains GGG (Gambling Gear Games) stance how Path Of Exile should be played and I was playing it wrong!

Others already made so many valid points so no point me crying. No fun allowed unless you play trade.
I wanted to buy supporter pack but there is no point, I won't be playing in April, so I can go and buy new chapter for ESO!
This is excellent news!

Thanks GGG (Gambling Gear Games)!
"Let us wield our sword, not only to strike down enemies,
But to strike down our own weak selves.
Let us wield it, not only to protect ourselves, But to protect our own souls. Remember those words. Remember them as we march."
I was literally planning my next build next league and how I will use Harvest to make all sorts of different builds for all the league mechanics. However, all that has turned to shit given your selfish desires of what you envision this game to be Chris. I'll let it end with Harvest because that was your masterpiece. Onto the next game. Here lies Path of Exile. R.I.P
"
Damier wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:

Exactly this. I didn't even play Harvest and i still loved the game before. I won't "miss" Harvest whatsoever.

Several months before Shaper had 16mil HP, FYI. And so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info