Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

SSF just became a lot harder!
You will kill the best feature. what GGG want to do ? 98% of players never go over mid game ?
Harvest is best, first time I craft myself my stuff on 9 years...
This Harvest in Ritual league gave me again the interest to play POE, never played so many hours in a league...
next league maybe I'll play another video game.
"
We know that many players would love us to keep deterministic crafting in the game because it enables them to complete their items far more quickly than they otherwise would. But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve.

This statement is hyperbole. It makes assumptions about what your players' goals are and what they consider achievement.

Players will find something to do with the time afforded them by completing items earlier. For example, players can try out more builds (and possibly more of the under-utilized ascendancies) in a league than they otherwise would be able to. IMO you're not going to lose most of your player base early league because they "won the game" with harvest crafts.

If you're really concerned about players completing items too early in a league, perhaps adding a mechanic to unlock the better crafts over time (like Betrayal veiled mods) would be a nice compromise?
please don't go further with this.
How many of your development manifesto threads have hundreds of pages worth of outcry, with ~90% against a change? This is a mistake, GGG.
"
We know that many players would love us to keep deterministic crafting in the game because it enables them to complete their items far more quickly than they otherwise would. But then there would quickly be nothing left to achieve.

Here, let me fix that for you:

"But then there would quickly be nothing left FOR STREAMERS to achieve."

Done.
A nerf to harvest is not a solution in any way, yes you will dwindle the ammount of easily crafted items, as well as crafters and players. But is it worth it?

Determinism in harvest crafts is not specific, you need to find needed ex/annul mod, you need to reroll it several times, and to do so you need to spend exalts, a lot of exalts. Just make them rare enough so that they cost more, as of now i still debate whether i shall use exalt orb or harvest craft cost-wise sometimes.

People with no currency were not be able to craft "perfect mirror-worthy" items, same as with any other leagues. BUT are able to buy that 3ex item they never could because they found that sweet aug life harvest craft and sold it.

We have half the mods that are not changeble by harvest, so mostly people look for res/defences/life. Whats wrong with that?

Most of builds need attributes, mana, other non-harvest mod types, and we are ok with rolling those. But if you nerf the harvest the way you do, its like you kill it, making us back to step 0 where poor remain poor and streamers will still be rich (streamers luck right).
tbh idc if You want to nerf it or not, but nerfed harvest = crap = throw it away from core
Seems to me the major issue was with trading crafts. Why not just prevent recently traded items from being able to have harvest crafts applied to them? A timer as short as 5 minutes would be a major deterrent to trading crafts. That would limit you to only a handful of crafts per hour (if you account for the time to find someone that has the craft) not to mention the anxiety of waiting 5 minutes to know if you got scammed or not. It would also still allow other players to buy bases through trading and use them on their recently found harvest spawns (after waiting 5 minutes, i.e. the time to clear the rest of the map).

From a development standpoint, it shouldn't be too complicated. New DB table to log trade transactions of non-currency items. Simple lookup of said table before attempting to harvest craft. Show error message if recently traded (just like the crafts that can only be used inside an actual harvest). Cron job to top it off to clear older than 5 mins transactions. It would be much easier than implementing the currently proposed changes.
Once again, GGG has proven that it doesn't understand their game or their customer base. Their decisions over the past couple of years is baffling.
The nerfs will continue until morale improves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info