Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
shame on GGG they shoud maybe stay some more online or try to craft as a regular player without admin cheats to let us show how ""easy"" it really is [/span]

Great idea. GGG please show us how easy it is to print perfect items. Maybe we can learn your trick and make our very own first perfect item.

But please make sure to start at level 1 with no items.

We really wanna see how easy it is.
Last edited by KicsiSVK on Mar 11, 2021, 11:44:24 AM
Sad day for PoE, they could have made a decent system out of Harvest. My best case scenario would be a low chance for an item to brick for each harvest craft and make that chance depending on the type of craft: low to medium crafts (e.g. change resistance), low chance of bricking, higher tier crafts (remove/adds, influence crafts) higher chance of bricking. That way, you can obtain an 80% item fairly easy and can try your luck if you really want to go for god tier. But the chances of getting that mirror tier item are offset by the chance to brick the item. That‘s it, now even TFT and craft trading are not a problem anymore.
By far my most favourite league, I've even bought a support pack.
I think that determenistic crafting is better for players that don't have that much time to play and currency to gamble away.
The current crafting system makes people play this game longer, because it's easier and cheaper to get good gear for people that don't have that much time to grind.
It wouldn't be as fun for me to do the nerfed crafts for a 50/50 chance to brick a possible upgade for my build, because GGG thinks it's not as fun gambing with exalts.
I would make harvest crafts tradable via orbs, just like beasts, then there would be no issue with random discords.
first we started the league with shitty texture streaming that nobody wanted, then we got into shadow nerf dev never announced. Even now we still do not know anything about it and now we get harvest nerfed to the ground...

I guess I will not play poe 3.14 and maybe until 2.0 not sure yet.
I love harvest and all, but making the game more random isn't the way i think poe should go. Hope you guys go back with this and think a realistic way to implement harvest, like a limit of uses for harvest for item, or maybe adding determinist types of currency for exalt orbs.

Until that, i will considerer stop playing path of exile for a while.
time to quit leagues for a while... let me know when this [Removed by Support] is gone... first leave ive ever played more then 1-2 builds in a league
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 12:37:56 PM
I missed harvest league due to real life, but I was really enjoying the mechanics in this league.

In a primarily single player environment I don't see the issue with harvest as it currently is. I have crafted items other ways in the past and have gotten decent gear, this was slightly easier, but still required a massive amount of time investment.

I find more diversity in builds due to this system and more people willing to try different builds because of it.

As far as TFT goes, this is the first league where I have looked at it. My suggestion with all things that can get you scammed is never partake in something you cannot afford. Another words if you can't afford to lose an item, don't use a service like TFT. If you can afford to lose the item then make an adult decision to either risk it or don't, but do not whine and complain to the rest of us about it. Own up to your decisions and risks.

TLDR:
1. Harvest is ok without changes it adds spice to life.
2. Measure risk vs reward before making decisions and own the result.

P.S. All hail the Kiwi!
Last edited by nimbukie on Mar 11, 2021, 11:49:30 AM
Why don't you make it optional like SSF and HC? would it be possible? (actually asking, i've got no programming knowledge).

This way we could all have the combination we like the most, pro players/streamers that enjoy the challenge can play HC SSF and no harvest (or any combination) while casual or people who simply wanna have a good time and can't play for many hours a day could play softcore with harvest.

just a suggestion
All I want from Harvest as a small Private league player is an easy way to fix resists and make middle-tier gear. I do not care about creating god-tier gear with it. Please make this the focus of Harvest.
Back to being a bottom 1% where i wont even be able to afford upgrades.

Don't like the change at all, we will see where i stand on this when the new league comes out. But if it is as bad as it sounds well this league was the first and last time i bought a supporter pack, stash tabs and so on cause i will probably hit the wall on yellow maps.

But we will see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info