Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
Well, 250 pages of comments, most of them voicing the samge thing.

Why would I post?

Personally I don't care about crafting but I can't stand GGG keep focusing on wrong things purposefully.

Why mess with Harvest if you have delayed homework?

For example, 100% Delirius has SH*T performance even on high end computers why was never corrected?

PoE has the worst ingame trade system I've ever met and no improvements since YEARS.

Sometimes the game can't handle itself and just crash to desktop (on 5way legion happens regularly).

So yeah, stop pretending you are working and start to work on things you already developed.

Sadly they went in radio silence stance since beginning of the league about performance issues.. (2nd try of this comment let's see if it gets censored again for "Make hateful or needlessly negative comments" by Lisa_GGG)
"
mstrovpuptz wrote:
Damn.. This really makes me sad. Harvest was my favorite.. :( I loved to craft items with it. I can't see how has it been "easy" to obtain crazy items. I've spent hundreds of hours farming for certain crafts and eventually getting a bad outcome.. But, there was always the chance of hitting what you really want! That kept me going. Now it seems I will never achieve my goals unless I start playing 10 hours a day. Very, very sad.. :(

Because you are farming them. Playing like SSF, 10 storage limit, and RNG and all that. Sell all annuls, adds, and add removes and covert to exalts which makes storage limit irrelevant and convert everything you find into exalts.

Then when ready to craft buy what you need systematically like you plotted out in the emulator @ craft of exile. Takes about 2-3 hours to make 6T1er so long as no one steals your shit along the way.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 11, 2021, 11:33:49 AM
Cool go for it GGG ruin the game seems like a plan

If this happens as a crafter who plays the game for crafting this will take away the only reason I play this game. I have 0 interest in going back to the days of metacrafting or constant fossil rolling. This is a bad idea and shouldn't be done.

80% of why I play this game is crafting If you do this you will lose players like me by the thousands no one wants to go back to the way crafting was before harvest. I have 0 interest in playing POE if you make these changes I will find another game and you will lose my 100$/league in MTX's this will cost you millions.
Last edited by Lacrimosa101 on Mar 11, 2021, 11:59:55 AM
I just want to clarify my previous post.

I am not leaving PoE, because I am angry or butt-hurt that harvest is getting wrecked.

I am Leaving PoE because this development team can't seem to make a good decision between the lot of them.

Further more, it's too often I've seen backpedaling, and promises "We'll Do Better", and a few weeks later it's back to crappy decisions as usual.

I am however continually amazed, this company still makes money. Any other business in the world that would operate like this, would in short time be a business no more. It's only because we as their customers continue to give them our money.. Personally, my wallet is now closed.
Last edited by JediWabbit on Mar 11, 2021, 11:32:32 AM
do you guys have no product manager?

but seriously, this was my first league when made my first crafted item which is my fondest memory in playing poe so far (and also first ever Sirus, Elder, Shaper kills).
I can recall every step for every stat on that mace and even after using it the first time it still took several days to farm out missing ranks for veiled craft (for which atlas passives were perfect). It was the most fun I've ever had in the game.

Also would like to have auspicious Valdo's stone, have the currency for it but got bored after rolling 600 or so alts so its on hold for now.

My point is, I could make my item gradually, each step getting closer to my goal. Without harvest, its not that its just gambling, because harvest is that too, but its the most boring type of gambling, 100% polarized payout.

- Near-perfect items will still exist, but not because someone made them, but because someone got extremely lucky and dropped a really good base, hit a really good annul, and hit a really good inf mod. Will upvote the screenshot on reddit, but play the game for the hope of one in a trillion drop, nah.

- Saying that harvest makes it easy to craft mirror tier items is lol, if its that easy then it is not worth mirroring, is it, you can just buy another cheaper.

- Can see the problem where you make an item that literally cant get any better, but thought that's why maven orb was introduced, so this is confusing.

When Ive read the title I thought harvest orbs will be introduced or something, would have been too good to be true, sadly turns out it is.
Was thinking about upgrading my supporter back, guess I'll get d2 resurrected instead, ty GGG
Funny this gets all this time while the game still runs badly with not much being done about it. Plus all the massive issues with trade being broken.

Don't mind the changes but the game has more MASSIVE issues that need addressing before any of this.
I finally felt like crafting was something doable. The real issue here is the learning curve of the older crafting systems. You have too many systems that interact. Sure in cool ways, and deterministic crafting was available in a lot of ways before harvest. Just people didn't use it as much because it took forever to gain a basic understanding of it.

Harvest was so much more intuitive and just made crafting feel achievable. This was the only league I felt I could actually complete my build. Nerfing harvest if just going to expose the old issues and people are gonna walk away from leagues quickly as they did before. Hell I had trouble putting this league down simply because I felt I could actually finally achieve things I had been failing at for years in this game.

You need some sort of deterministic crafting that players can work towards. It's the constant carrot on the stick. Now instead we can go back to the carrot in the void that might as well not exist because I'm never going to find that item to sell to get started trading so i can buy my first required item for my build to get going and now im stuck in yellow maps again and im quitting the league... So much fun when you have no goal in reach.

I love this game but this is just a move in the wrong direction. Maybe fix trading? Make the crafts tradable and you avoid the discord issue. Maybe fix trading all together and people will actually be able to sell things and play the market.

You are even taking away the deterministic part of gathering the seeds?! So now I choose my scarab crafts and get no scarab crafts? That's gonna feel like shit. None of these changes will lead to a rewarding feeling for the player. Harvest will now likely be something ignored or something people want to ignore but the chase rewards are too valuable. Gonna be great...
Last edited by Munion on Mar 11, 2021, 11:35:12 AM
this looks like you're trying to make people addicted to gambling in the game by removing deterministic crafting.
I'm gonna say nothing about anything. Just wanna say this.

"Bump"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info