Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

what's the point for Maven's Orb now?
I'm glad that the item editor is being removed from the game.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
Gambling is not fun.
We use our free time in the game to have fun, after work or after studying etc
We play games to relax, to feel good, to get achievements...
If you are seeing a high number of players in the last year it's because they want to enjoy a good time (and we need this in a pandemic).
Smashing your screen because you got the wrong mod is not fun
This is not advantageous or lucrative to you as a company.

I agree in having balance, but not a frustrating challenge.
Rewarding the effort, not luck.
You know what makes me angry more than any other thing?
People who "hate" harvest content.
You know, nobody complaining about Perandus, Bestiary (i remember when poeple were raging because of imprints, and now they use it for crafting a mirror tier gear), PROPHECY( LUL ), or any other league-content that much.
People don't like something - - they skip it.
Why the heck we should be in pain just because there are some crazy masochists who like to slam 6000 exalts to see whether they brick their item or not? Harvest was a step forward, now you want to make 2 steps back.
"
Pyrobite wrote:
Good im not a crafter lol

yeah bro, now prepare ur self to pay 10x more for a item lol
A reaper arise.
"
Ryouko wrote:
POGGERS
sure
Last edited by IzGuRbO4eN on Mar 11, 2021, 11:40:42 AM
I don't like this. Harvest is a lot of fun. It allows you to create your own items, that you alone made, that are actually good. It makes trading optional and more builds viable. Getting a perfect weapon is still almost impossible for 99% of the player base, but now I can make an amazing weapon for 50-ish ex and not feel as bad for not having a mirror to get the GG one. Mapping is a lot more fun as you need to trade harvest crafts on discord, so it feels good when you find the craft you need, and save yourself a trouble of searching someone who will do the craft for you. Almost everything else is more like finding x amount of currency that you will trade. Harvest is a part of the game that links all other mechanics, it makes everything else so much stronger as you can finish it with harvest. I feel like I almost never used most in game mechanics until harvest, and probably won't use them in future if harvest becomes optional alternative to other methods of crafting.
Got it.

Impoverish the vast majority of players so that the tiny handful of elites that the game was designed for can make a handsome profit.

My hat goes off to GGG. Not everyone could make neoliberalism seem fun.
Last edited by Obright on Mar 11, 2021, 12:28:49 PM
shame on GGG they shoud maybe stay some more online or try to craft as a regular player without admin cheats to let us show how ""easy"" it really is [/span]
Last edited by IzGuRbO4eN on Mar 11, 2021, 11:41:58 AM
wack

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info