Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I totally agree with that changes!
Please dont listen to whiny reditors!
Good start, but harvest should be account-locked without possibility to sell crafts. Most of the complaints ITT would go away after that.

But better yet, remove it completely.
Just when I thought about getting back into POE you implement more stupid af changes. Honestly.
Hello, 1st time i got this far in poe just to see that endgame is on discord. Thanks for this experience. Id rather play a game, than spend time on discord. The moment a realized this, i left poe. Ive spend like 26euro on this game... was considering spending more, but this way the game goes leads me to not play it, rather than spend more money in it.

Maybe, just maybe ill buy another stash tab for (sci-fi ahead, watchout) horti craft items, that ill be able to sell to others, instead of joining discord, hunting possible "crafts", instead of playing the game.

Everything would be ok for me, but going out of game and play endgame on discord.... thats kinda too much.

At last sorry, english is not my native.
I returned to the game after a 2 year break. Was actually making plans to start next league, etc.

We wanna have fun, feeling OVERPOWERED is nice.
It's a game. If you dedicate a couple of hours to it and you can craft some nice pixels, it's nice, relaxing.
Let the game be fun.

Revert the changes and make the game more friendly towards returning players.

Don't be Blizz/Actishit.
Jesus, I think I'm done here.

"Using currency items like Exalted Orbs or Chaos Orbs on your gear is a powerful, risky and exciting way to improve it."

I've literally never Exalt slammed because it is more than just non-optimal, it is 99% of the time regressive compared to just using that Exalt to trade for a better item. Hell, every time I Chaos spam I feel like I'm wasting time I've already invested.

"The data we'd get from players interacting with a very powerful crafting mechanic would be very helpful with our ongoing work deciding the appropriate power level of crafting opportunities in Path of Exile 2."

So, we shouldn't expect anything different in PoE2, is my takeaway here?

"Upon playing the league, the crafting side of it was an immediate hit."

The takeaway here should have been players enjoy crafting their gear not gambling it or trading it.

"With Harvest integrated into the core game with 3.13.0, players still made ridiculous items. Even the crafts we made quite rare felt pretty common when the entire community was pooling them together and using them on the right items."

This seems to be arguing that players should never make or even have "ridiculous items", which kind of goes against:

At its core, Path of Exile is a game about the acquisition of powerful items.

And this is my issue, your team fundamentally misunderstands how many players play in non-Harvest.

At its core, Path of Exile is a game about gambling for powerful items. (Via currency drops, trading, or rng-fucked "crafting".)

"It's also important that items are hard to perfect."

It's hard enough as is (with Harvest) for those that aren't in the top 1%, and they likely don't ever approach the "perfect" gear anyways.

I would love to keep arguing this, but it is evident that GGG here, as well as in game, doesn't place any value on invested playtime, instead reducing every system to a multi-layered RNG fuckfest meant to appeal/abuse those weakest to gambling.
Last edited by Tass2gag on Mar 11, 2021, 11:07:17 AM
lets be honest here, its a gentleman move by chris. Blizzard pass over lots of their playerbase by the immortal desaster and now, chris the gentleman that he is, gives it all back in the possible D4 release year. its crazy how fast u moved from the voice of the playerbase to 100% disconnected from it. i guess the epic quote from that blizzcon youtube video still stayed until today: no king rules forever. you had a good run it was nice to be part of it, thx for all the good memorys and see you all in D4.
Last edited by Silence4tw on Mar 11, 2021, 10:53:54 AM
"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Chris likes exalt-slamming the actual GAME to see whether he's ruined it or not.

Bad roll, Chris! You got T10 Mana on this one.
So harvest is just crappy fossil crafting now?
I am really sad to hear about this change. I was expecting harvest to get some nerf to be balanced and still enjoyable but I do not personally think that going back to the old ways is the right choice.

I have been playing POE for a while now, never really bothered with crafting, didn't like it at all. Then you gave us Harvest, for the first time I was enjoying a part of the game that I didn't want to bother with before.

My hope after playing Harvest was to get more control over what I want to craft and how I craft it. Unfortunately that hope is long gone, as you stated you want more gambling and less control.

I don't enjoy gambling and don't want to keep supporting it. I have been supporting you for a while now and I hope to support you for a long time in the future, but I can't support games I don't enjoy and I am not sure I will enjoy going back to spamming my exalts with my eyes closed.

I really love what you did with Ritual and hope that you consider people like me that work 40-60 hours a week and take time to come and enjoy your products with their free time.

Have a nice day everyone and take care of yourselves.

Last edited by Amereth on Mar 11, 2021, 2:34:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info