Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Biggest issue and why so many people are so angry is that this Manifesto should never have taken this long to be posted. It should have been written immediately after Harvest.

What did GGG learn after 2 months of Ritual that they couldn't see coming when they decided not to bring Harvest back for 3.12?

After Harvest GGG had the benefit of the doubt: They tried an ambitious experiment and decided to pull back. Fine. We liked Harvest but we can't blame you for trying it out and deciding to go another direction. BUT AFTER YOU BRING IT BACK A SECOND TIME KNOWING HOW IT MAKES CRAFTING POWERFUL, it is not acceptable to say, "oops we had no idea Harvest was so great at crafting items."

You get no benefit of the doubt now. This is poor product and public relations management.
You know what is funny? The real money making is bestiary, people are literally duping items with it and pilling mirrors with that. But oh well, GGG is focusing on the flavor of the week instead I guess?
This will only be goon only if a new deterministic crafting system would be introduced to balance out these nerfs. thats why the nerfs/changes to fossils a while back were a good thing and this harvest nerf is mental.

harvest makes you skip many other crafting systems because it has everything. before introducint these nerfs you should introduce something that replaces the crafts that we would lose
You guys should wait for harbies nerf, because you know GGG is GGG and they don't have silence nerfed it enough.
I'm playing another rpg online and haven't any plans to come back now
it would be better if you removed HH than destroyed the harvest.
harvest has breathed life into the game, now you can play further and not 1-3 weeks.
I want to know what the DEVS smoke up before thinking of making such changes.GG
And again GGG did!!!
Now if u want a end game item, with good rolls to make your build (fun) to play, u just need drop a mirror and pay Fee to make a copy >>(TFT)<<
Nice move GGG keep the good work!!!

PS: Remove Mirrors from the game, like remove/delete dont let it legacy ok!!!
Okay, Im deleting this game =\
Diablo 2 Ressurrected FTW!!!
It was interesting to read about the craft and item philosophy and basically, I agree with it!

A discord craft trade system outside the game? I think it's a really bad thing both for GGG and for the players.

Could not just implement something like Bestiary Orb?

About the harvest craft:
There are some players who's can collect 1000 exa in the first week of a new league. Then they can use their currency to craft insane items. I'm not that kind of player. Usually, I have 0-50 exa in standard. But for some months I felt like "Yeah! I can craft like the big guys". I spent about 100 exa and I recrafted 3 items from my gear to make them about 10-20% more powerful. I used both the old way currency crafting and some harvest crafting. I really enjojed it and I played POE 6-8 hours a day again.

I agree that harvest made the old way crafting less interesting, but I think this harvest nerf a bit too dramatic.

Sometimes the nerfs are great but sometimes GGG simply cutting the half of an item or a mechanism. This is how for example the Shaper's Touch (a really rare item from an endgame boss) turned from insanely OP to 1c trash.

Please leave harvest as a good endgame crafting and don't cut it badly!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info