Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

I don't want to be scared when i am crafting my item. I want to create build, craft items in deterministic ways, and enjoy the game.
As a casual SSF Standard player, I find these changes quite sad.

One of the changes:
- no Annul mods;
- can't work on influenced items.
was ok. Maybe even justified. I dunno, I don't play leagues or trade.

Both combined? Serious crafting went from "hard, grindy as hell, but theoretically reachable" to "nah, won't even try that gamble"

Also, what does Maven's Orb do again?
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
This idea is worth a rethink. Many other ways to solve this without nerfing the best components of it. The real power of crafting isn't access but game knowledge. The .01 percent of players will be just fine. The reasoning for the nerf sounds ridiculous.
230k views in 2 days man...seems like your harvest nerf isnt rly appreciated by the community chris xD...just delete harvest save the space for the atlas passives for something good thx..Rip Harvest was a good but short time
Diablo remaster please relase fast :)
LOL
RIP
Blizzard must be very happy right now.
Really Bad GGG. please Dont do this.
Edux
Thinking about this, I think I just want the Discord problem solved. Sure, balance changes, but not removing what makes it awesome and fun.

Certain deterministic harvest crafts could add a soul-bound property or trade could be time-gated by harvest adding a property (like those harvest flask mods/incubators, can't trade for X monsters/whatever).

Just anything to avoid feeling like I need to use discord to play PoE - I want to play PoE! This manifesto doesn't solve it, and meanwhile also just makes what has sparked absolute joy for me this league and got me back into it fall away (avoiding Discord like the plague even though it's inefficient).

It's so much fun now. All for change, but telling me that what I don't enjoy about PoE at all (mind-numbing crafting) is actually what I should be enjoying while not fixing the problem just feels a bit tone-deaf.

I dont want to farm 2 weeks to buy a mediocre item and stay with it because theres no way to change it, i want to farm to try and make it myself +40ex cause its not cheap. I dont know how to craft outside harvest or like craft of exile says, try 6520 times with fossils to get the rolls you want... pretty easy according to you and your easy and well explained crafting tutorial.

Nice new end game boss, the item killer for next league or Maven for the majority who never will get to face her

anyway maybe diablo mobile would give me other goals rather than studying crafting for years to be able to craft endgame gear :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info