Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

This is really sux, the actualy craft system is terrible and the Harvest craft system is beatufull, if you GGG put the harvest system inside the craftbench Ex :
Aug Phys = 1ex and 1anul

That will be perfect, but you guys want to make the craft system the most worst system ever -.-
This is the first league that's captured my attention since 2017, and having a blast, and big reason is the way Harvest is implemented... BUT not sure if anyone else is doing this, but I'm self-limiting my progress to make it fun for me!

I love trading, but I've deliberately avoided the discord (sort of a self-imposed 'harvest SSF'), because they feel like MY items that I'm making more powerful over time. This feels awesome, maybe it's just me.

This got me thinking, if I find this super fun (to the extent that I'm missing out on 'efficiency/better items'), is there merit to some form of balancing of the power of some of these still random but more deterministic crafts not through rarity, but through some form of 'soul-bound' limitation. You can choose to keep your item tradeable, or make it YOUR item, which you can deterministically (eventually) make awesome over time for YOUR build. The trade-off being you can't trade it, like you can for everything else.

I get that runs counter to some core design philosophies around trading, but surely fun and player engagement/retention across leagues matters above all, so my 2c as a returning player. Plus the concept already exists for certain items.

I'm finding I'm neither running T16 Atolls non-stop for efficiency, nor am I buying and spamming 1500 alts then rolling T8 mana (better described as numbing & soul-crushing rather than fun!). But instead I'm having fun, doing all the content! And buying supporter packs and MTX as a result. It lets me mix it up and engage with every face of the game - which is something they've made massive inroads into, and would love to see them make decisions that don't balance power creep by taking away fun.

Basically, you've got me back, I want to stay, I want to buy more MTX, I want you guys to succeed, but this left me a bit flat / felt like you didn't understand why I play (I get why you're doing it though). So please think about why different players play and build on your strengths so I keep playing (I've seen your keynote Chris so I know you think about these things)!
Last edited by city_ofthemoon on Mar 11, 2021, 8:19:27 AM
This manifesto is more disconnected to the player experience than servers at league launch
At least this is finally a good time to see reddit memes like dev's do everyday and man they are getting spicy memes over there..

lolololol.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Mar 11, 2021, 8:11:35 AM
I see only one solution, let harvest stay as it is but:
1)Harvest should not aplied to item, but instead we should augment orbs like: put annul(exalted/divine) orb, get annul(exalted/divine) crit/fire/phy orb.
2)You see like tft is problem, so remove hortify station and add Harvest tab for ingame trading.
3)It is still possible to trade harvest, it become more valuable(and expensive).
4)You sell MTX tabs.
5)Annul orbs will be usable and we will click exalts in items.

EVERYONE is happy!
Last edited by kardeell2 on Mar 11, 2021, 8:01:13 AM
Good sign for the longevity of the game.

Very happy this is the last Discord league. Endgame gear progression was never meant to be this easy and deterministic.

Gamblers rejoice! Super keen for 3.14
Last edited by Boonce on Mar 11, 2021, 8:49:50 AM
This is bad for your game. People like myself who came back in Ritual and actually spent time learning to craft due to the accessibility will now leave. I had no plans other than to dabble in POE again yet until this manifesto I was about to purchase stash tabs and planned to buy the next league supporter pack. I have a full-time job and I know that now this is no longer worth my free time. I've been a player off and on since Beta. I still roll with my kiwi pet and have rolled with the punches through the life of the game. This nerf just feels extremely bad. I'd recommend you go run Haewark maps with Zana watchstones and Zana mission on the map device and let me know how broken Harvest is then. It's still going to take hundreds of maps to get your desired mod. Guess what? That's RNG and NOT deterministic. Nevermind that if you're worried about powerful determinism, why do we have Awakener's Orbs in the first place? If determinism is such a big deal, then why put only one prefix and suffix mod with a certain tag on a class of item?

Even if we want to pay other players for crafts, not only are exalts crafting items they are CURRENCY BY DESIGN. That means they are to be spent not just used in crafting. If we want to pay for harvest crafts from other players, then let us. Players pay for determistic results all the time by simply buying an already crafted item. Why would you hamper them trading and wanting something less powerful in Harvest, which is essentially buying that item one piece at a time with RNG still playing a large role? I'm not sure how it's tenable to be worried about trading using third party software when your game is unplayable at any meaningful level without already using third party software and websites.

There are just so many fallacies in your logic about this that it boggles the mind and simply turns me off as a player
From POE and POE2. If you want your game to be fun just for no-lifers, then just state that plainly instead of obtsuely reminding us every so often with these kinds of nerfs. I truly hope you take the comments here into consideration and are willing to at least make a compromise instead of following through with this disaster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdpA_xHXhEA totally agree with everything.

I as a semi-casual believe this change is one of the worst that can be made...

I hope GGG changes it's mind
I can't believe that crafts that cost between 1 and 6 ex on the market are too powerful for the majority of players. I play 70 hours a week and buying this type of craft is a very big investment for me. Again for streamers or those who dedicate their life to POE harvest is too strong. But they are the minority.

And crafting is deterministic by definition. Change the word if you want a pure gamble philosophy.
Those changes are a mistake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info