Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Dear GGG,

Please dont change harvest
Last edited by Smoothy88 on Mar 12, 2021, 6:34:21 PM
"
Jaktchorak wrote:
Is harvest crafting too strong and by far superior to any other crafting methods in the game? Absolutely

Should have harvest been reintroduced in 3.13? No

Reddit mad? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Remove harvest altogether and revert the fossil crafting nerfs.

You do understand that people with full-time jobs keep playing poe because of Harvest right? And you do understand people with full-time jobs buy mtx and packs and support new content and better optimisations right? It is in no one intrrest to make crafting harder, it will only lose players.

They always does these things. Make the league great then kill it next league.

I alredy posted my discontent about the stupid changes in this thread once.

Simply have to post again. I am furious.

I have played quite a lot, I am not proud to announce I have played a single video game for 12.000 hours. Been great though :-)

I have severed multiple nerfs to builds that I really enjoyed playing, but I always figured ok it was 2 strong anyway, let's play with the skill gems GGG introduce next, they tend to be super strong also. And there go 7 years of poe in a circle. Building, Nerfing, Building Nerfing etc.

I really really really like harvest and for once I am not ok with the nerf. - Why in the world do you for once not ENHANCE what people really like, Instead of DESTROYING It. What is wrong with people having a great time making great gear.

Not going to throw stupid lines about me quitting the game - not going to happen, and I probably also buy the next supporter packs if they are good looking.

I am just so disappointed. It will be hard for me to replace Harvest. - it will probably be replaced with more work and less poe.
"
Even the crafts we made quite rare felt pretty common when the entire community was pooling them together and using them on the right items.

It is clear that trading Harvest crafts is the problem.

Finding a solution for that would be much better.
I was SUPER excited when you introduced Harvest to core game.

But my excitement WILTED (pun intended) after first ~10 groves.
For regular players it's nothing more than ridiculous down time, interrupting regular fun with the game.

I HATE IT, when Grove shows up, forcing me to stop playing the game and starting 10 minutes chore of spamming crafts on a pile of in-progress items or map/currency/delve/fragment/etc exchanges. Sure, I can just skip it, but that feels even worse, like leaving an exalted orb on the ground.

On top of that we have that situation, where we - regular players - are just cheap workforce for that 0.1% of top players using us as a farmers for getting their crafts on TFT discord. Sure, again, we can just skip it - but imagine that after selling several crafts, in 2 days I earned more currency than during my whole previous playtime in Path of Exile...

THAT is the problem, not the power or determinism of crafts...
Harvest is just a chore you do for selling or to preventing feeling of waste, with zero excitement.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 7:25:10 AM
GGG always nerf us high-end players.No exception.
You guys are right that Harvest devalues other methods of crafting a lot, but you're very wrong that we didn't like deterministic crafting, we loved it.

You can add costs to using Harvest, like Ex to use an Ex, you can make it "incubate" a craft. You can do a lot of things. But this solution is basically erasing it from the game outside very niche uses like making Jewels and maybe wands.

There's no way I'm skipping influenced mods on my items, and I'm not about to Harvest Craft until I have 1 free slot and THEN slam for a 1/10 chance to get what I want with Hunter Exalt or such.

Just let me store Harvest in the map device so I can use it when I need it, and leave it as is. Hell, make it rarer, but let me use it :(

60% more Harvest + 10 storage limit remaining = throwing away more good crafts, feeling more FOMO, and much sad.

Harvest made me play more days and more per day than ever before, and even on SSF, because I can keep on improving gear for a long long long time. Gambling doesn't let me do that, there's no "progress", there's just gambling. I don't miss farming for 1 week to get 5k alts, to get T2 Fire DoT multi, regal and multimod, and calling it "end-game gear".
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Mar 11, 2021, 6:42:49 AM
"
"
Peonsson2 wrote:
"
Sylie wrote:
Just make the crafts tradeable (Like Beasts)

Actually very good idéa. I like it.

omg yes please. And it would be so easy to implement.

easy doesn't work with GGG i think..they always think the harder way is the best..
Awesome update!!!11 I want you to absolutely rip delve too. Let`s make in next update no restrictions for items like sh... armor and useless fossils to drop on depth 1000+. I wanna see how many crying people will drop your game as fast as you rip harvest now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info