Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
I play in PoE because I like to make my character perfect❗
The mechanics of the Harvest, made my goals and my meaning of the game a reality!☝🏻
There are thousands of stats in the game, and it's just Unrealistic to get the right property with one Exalted Orb, which caused me and other players to have Cognitive Dissonance, before the advent of the harvest mechanics!
There are thousands of stats in the game, trying to get the desired property with 1 Exalted orb - is violence against players❗❗❗

Harvest - the reason why I play in this league 10 times more than I played before! I got a sense of being able to make my character perfect, which is not so easy, by the way👌🏻🙄

Without Harvest, I won't be able to play this game anymore.
Since I will feel the pain of the fact that no matter how much time I spend, but I will not have any opportunity to bring my character to perfection😢

This news killed not only Harvest, this news killed the meaning of the game❗😭
And I won't play it as much as I do in this league anymore.

"At its core, Path of Exile is a game about the acquisition of powerful items."
*meanwhile deleting harvest from the game*

There is your next meme!
Last edited by Odai on Mar 11, 2021, 6:05:23 AM
"
sirgog wrote:
"
Biszek wrote:
Based on what statistics you made these changes?

I believe you literaly made at least few % players to quit because of that.

I kinda don't understand on what basis your game balance person does these changes.

Like back in the day in 2016 i LOVED Righteous Ride on Chieftain as Pure HP build, which you literally killed 2 leagues later(because of chieftain ascendancy change to force physical to fire because 10% STR was hidden behind it and then nerf to RF to deal 20% of HP)

I kinda do not like changes to builds that I create/think of, as I was using cyclone to curse on hit flammability on it, I decided to stick with cyclone for my 'next' build..

..which you nerfed hard 2 leagues after with your awesome 'boosting 2handed weapons' patch where Ngahamu Axe got nerfed really hard (molten burst is also procing a lot less compared to before) with lowering its physical damage by 30% or so.

I am casual player, I like to stick with one build that I like (feel free to check my characters)

Harvest was one of 'in game events' that gave me option to craft stuff (in which i was unlucky and wasnt albe to btw and not that I am very good at crafting) with less RNG that makes me want to quit playing this game.

Well here goes GGG with nerfing harvest where i can't even 'roll physical' on items..

Well I guess i'll just skip Harvest as there's nothing to do in there, back to old alternation spam with regal + multicraft

Whats gonna be next?

The obvious statistic is Google Trends interest in POE, which collapsed super fast during Harvest as people got bored of the league quicker than usual.

Then it hasn't held up as well in 3.13 as it did in 3.9, despite (at least in my opinion) 3.13 being a superior expansion save the issues of Harvest being so dominant.

Turns out, when characters get too powerful relative to the content, the game gets less fun.

Except you can try out other builds which you wouldn't be able to do if Harvest craft wasn't around... can you imagine taking 2 months just to get your character to a point where you can clear all content and then having to do it all over again with a different build? I'd much rather wait for next league. With Harvest you can just roll another build as you have access to a lot more stuff.
Love you ggg, awesome news
"
Sarciss wrote:
Actually i had a look at a few characters from people that were seemingly overreacting in this thread (aka threating "bye GGG" "thanks for making me quit") - many of them/you werent even utilizing harvest (at least not for their gear - maybe sold crafts idk).
Like why the outrage if literally nothing will change for you lmao?

Personally, in the entire league, I was able to craft only 2 large cluster juels and one chest armor (you can see it on chieftain). To the question of how much the Harvest is an overpowered.

But even this is not important. I saw an opportunity to do another interesting thing. Realizing that I would have to spend a lot of time - I had a chance to do it. And it moved me forward.

For a long time I got tired of just saving up chaos / exalts in order to then throw them out (so called craft) or buy something from other players (provided that the latter did not fall asleep / left / died, leaving the computer and the game on)? Why do I need a game without the ability to have fun?
"
Peonsson2 wrote:
Suggestion: Give us a timer. When you kill one plot you have 60 seconds to craft your item. Killing another plot adds 30 seconds. When your time is up you get kicked out like incursion.
Also make everyone in your party able to craft (or at the very least see them)! It would make it the best thing ever. Please GGG!

Guff's timed crafting bench didn't go down well.
Last edited by Ruffleberg on Mar 11, 2021, 6:08:15 AM
This sounds not good....

To understand whats wrong with Harvest, you must understand that the biggest Problem is that the Crafts cannot be traded without the thrust into the trader (TFT Discord Channel, Scamming, Trading Items with/without Security for crafts)

I think there is a better way to rebalance Harvest:

Make the crafts itself tradeable via items (like Beast-Nets/Fossils/Essences ect)

No Change in rem/add | add w/ influence needed, easy fix...
And while youre at it unnerf blueprints so they dont require rogue markers when fracturing <3
[Removed by Support]
I am not a 0.1 but I always manage to get 40/40 and was happy to have this revised iteration of Harvest.

Did I get all t1 on all my gear??? NO!!!
WHY? Because its expensive!! I stopped at t2 or even at t3 because it was enough to have my build do end game.

You're ruining the game by implementing this.

Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Mar 11, 2021, 7:19:58 AM
Did you really think this through?

you have gotten the best player engagement in YEARS with harvest in the game, and now you're going to basicly remove it?

Holy F... I'm glad, I'm not an investor in GGG
I think I'm done?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info