Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not,” is the new, “Don’t you guys have phones?” in terms of disconnect between creator and community.
"
dryrunHD wrote:
Crafting is supposed to be deterministic. That's the whole point of crafting in literally every single other instance in existence. You set out with a fixed amount of materials and you make the thing you want to make.

It's not supposed to be random. It's not supposed to be a gamble. If it is, it's not crafting.

Either make crafting more deterministic, or stop calling it crafting.

Best comment :)
cant find harvest anyways from spamming haewark region with the map bonus
Only yesterday I have guided my buddy, new to the game, on crafting a quiver for his bleed bow glad and he was so hyped. GGG you are so disconnected.
I was thinking about coming back to this game after a break, feeling excited about making new items with harvest. But now I probably won't. I have come to the point in my life where I can't no life for weeks anymore and getting rediculous amounts of currency to randomly slam items. It does not seem fun nor rewarding.
But I guess this long term motivation of crafting items, seeing how they evolve, will now be over.

The only thing that I was not happy about was the 10 crafts which would automatically force you into discord and expose yourself to scamming.
I mean limiting crafts is reasonable but in a more elegant way.
To me harvest didn't make the general crafting obsolete. It was still necessary to spam for solid bases. And making good items is still expensive with harvest nonetheless.
Also I don't know if anybody complained about harvest being too powerful. The number of people must have been insignificant compared to the overwhelmingly negative feedback that is happening now.
calling rng crafting xD
This reminds me of blizzard in wow. They would implement something not thinking about what will it cause to the game then nerf it or remove it several months later. You know better ggg I hope...
"
* Some mods that had overly-deterministic behaviour have been removed. [...]

This don't modify the possible output, just make harder to acquire, we can still imprint/annul for 6/T1 useful mods, or divine until the end of days! It's a painful way to make it, but still possible.

"
* Crafts that add mods of specific types to items can now only be applied to non-influenced items.

This change the level of power we can obtain, but still we need a specific list before a mass enrage. What specific mods cannot be craft on influenced base? All of them? Explody Chest is out of the window for sure, but the others? I will wait for a specific list of 'impossible to craft' mods before go in berserk.
Dear Chris, GGG, I hope you'll read this one ;)

I'm okay with this. Really. If Harvest never existed there will bo no drama at all but it's so easy to accommodate to convenience.

I really do not need a feature which incentivise me to minimize the game and go to Discord browsing offers which are posted with higher speed than most humans can read. No matter if I'm selling or buying.

Harvest itself was league I quitted erliest because it was The Discord League and before Ritual I was very sceptic about Harvest reappearance and it came less tedious (no seeds) but very same as original Harvest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While, as it was said in the main post, Harvest made older crafting methods obsolete, I think we need some QoL imrovements to make them more useful.

The best one would be some kind of automatisation of bulk trading. Auction house like thing only for certain stackable items.
Let's say I want to make an explo chest (let's pretend Remove Non-Phys / Add Phys don't exist) and I want to go with Jagged Fossils. On average I'll need about 120 Jagged Fossils.
Now I'm asking - How fun it's to be buying 120 Fossils? How many players I need to message and how few of them will actually respond?

Another quick idea - consider bringing up Multimod to previous version, where an item could have top level mod made with Alteration spam, Multimod and 4 other crafts (or at least buff Multimod from 3 to 4 mods). Multimod is already taking a suffix slot and crafted mods are usually weaker version of rolled ones. It is giving the feel of being able to progres towards powerful items reliably without producing 6x T1 Harvest Crafted stuff.

Introduce more intriguing Benchcrafted mods - While craftable % incresed Phys which is comparable to T4 mod is useful, Veiled mods, those with a twist are way more interesting. Crit with chance to gain Frenzy on quiver - awesome, +1 to Aoe Gems with some Area of Effect - also nice.

Consider revitalizing Essences. Rework underused ones or go for something like Fossils/Resonators way of crafting. Idea which came to my mind is combining Essences. Let's say there is an item we can use on or socket up to N Essences. However each tier of essence has it's weight and sum of used weights must not exceed this "Essence-Resonator" Capacity. Let's say it can take Corrupted Essence + one T4, Or one T1 and one T2, or Three T3 Essences (Balance department would have great fun, I promise!). Then such "Resonator" is being used on items, applying combination of Essence mods and rolling randolmy others.
Also - Bulk Essence trading, please!
Last edited by Razzk on Mar 11, 2021, 3:03:13 AM
Ritual league was awesome!

Harvest was a big part of why it was a great league.

I don't like this manifesto and disagree with the proposed changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info