Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Such a great call, worth the 300 downvotes I got on Reddit today applauding the good decision to get rid of bad design.
I LOVE that you are going to nerf Hearvest. It was so powerful that I felt obliged to hunt for it, farming Haewark Hamlet only, be it in SSF or Trade. It was by far the most viable option to craft, using chaos or exalts on your gear just felt like a waste compared to it. I LOVED everything else about the new expansion and the league, but adding Harvest in the current state had such a heavy impact on my play experience that it drained me to the point where I had to quit the current league, hoping you would be going to change it in the future.

Thank you for going this route with PoE and fixing the state of Harvest.

On a side note, if any staff member reads this: Please keep in mind that the majority of players is "silent", meaning they are not posting anything pro or contra Harvest anywhere. I think it's important for you to figure out what this silent majority wants. Since most of them, I assume, are "casuals" (not even in the sense that they don't put hundreds of hours of playtime into a league, but rather that they don't want to deal with TFT and scrolling through Affixes on poe.db etc.), I believe a not so small portion of them feels somewhat like me.

<3<3<3

EDIT: Well, after reading some other opinions and watching some videos (especially PathofMatth)... I changed my mind 180°. Reading the manifesto once agains now, it really seems that GGG is out of touch with many players.
Last edited by ZetaAurigae on Mar 11, 2021, 6:40:04 AM
Well if you realy want to ruin the crafting like it is now, which is good because now also casuals can craft what they need without spending tons of exalts or chaos Orbs they don't have cause they do not play 8 hours per day, then I am realy out here.

The implenting of harvest as it is right now was exactly what the community needed.

But you are making it like roulette now again which is more or the same as gambling with lootboxes in other games.

Now you are feeding all those farm bots and currency sellers again, maybe you earn money with it too who knows?

But yeah PoE will be dead for me if this goes live and I hope many other players will boycot the game then, cause you are far away with your decisions from what the community wants and what it needs.

Worst announcement ever.

This is abysmal. Removing harvest crafting after the league was okay, people expected it and although it wasn't great - it was okay.

Adding harvest crafting back and then practically removing it again is just indecisive. Make up your mind Chris and, I suggest, let the game evolve.

Gambling is unenjoyable and requires massive amounts of time to achieve. Being *annoyed* by gambling is ridiculous and frustrating. That's the common experience, that's what happens to most of my friends who invest all of their currency (a couple of ex) into one item which fails and they stop playing 2 weeks in the league.

I'm not mentioning SSF which was finally a viable option with Echoes of the Atlas.
After all this comments we will see, if GGG listen to the community or really only to a few streamers...
I am sure it will decide, if in future there are a lot community players or only a few last lost streamsrs who play POE...
I can already see lots of people skipping 3.14. They (or we) might not come back if GGG keeps ignoring the voice of the vast majority exiles but only the top 0.1%'s. Maybe GGG's gaol is to make POE less enjoyable. /S
This is the first time I actually felt compelled to post on the forums.

GGG, these proposed changes are simply terrible. They are out of touch with the reality of how it is to actually play the game.

I have a 9 hour job, excluding weekends, when a league starts I only have about 4-6 hours per day to actually play.

I do not have the time to constantly farm the currency to craft items, the old fashioned way.

I also do not have the time to farm enough exalts to buy the best crafted items on the market.

Harvest was perfect for this. Its deterministic crafting actually gave me achievable goals to strive for to create good items.

But, even with harvest it still takes a lot of time and effort.

Your statement that its too easy to get perfect items is delusional. Even with harvest it still takes an incredible amount of time to actually find the correct harvests to make a good item as even the harvests can roll bad ones, which require further remove/adds.

Getting rid of remove + remove/add will just make it nearly impossible for those of us with limited time, due to jobs, to even consider having good items.

I am also extremely disappointed because this goes against your philosophy you talked about back when adding harvest, that you want more deterministic crafting.

The game is in the best state right now especially because of harvest. I don't want to go back to the old way of playing or crafting because the old way is just gambling.

I hate gambling, there is no skill or skill expression involved in slamming hundreds to thousands of different types of currency into an item, hoping it'll get good enough rolls to then slam more.

With the nuking of remove and remove/add mods I simply have nothing to strive for, good items are just perpetually out of reach and, honestly I'd rather just quit for good then go back to gambling, I hate gambling.
"
sirgog wrote:
This has made me much more excited for 3.14. Thank you for having the courage to do this

I played Diablo 1 with item editor cheats as a teen, and they took all of the fun out of the game.

Harvest in the hands of an experienced player feels just like that, and it's sapped my interest this league to know that whatever I'm doing in game, I would get much more powerful crafting rewards by grinding scoured tier 9 Haewark maps, then sitting in a trade discord.

When the most powerful strategy is as anti-fun as that, it kills interest in the game.

Harvest will remain the dominant way to craft jewels with these changes, and a lot of the second tier crafts will become good with the broken ones gone.

Also let this be a lesson - you can't balance with rarity. All 'balance through rarity' achieves is concentrating wealth.

Honestly this is really dumb and insensitive to people who don't have a lot of time to play.
aa
Last edited by Saquu on Jul 29, 2023, 11:15:54 PM
a nerf that dont affect me LOL
i am the kind of guy, i farm, i buy.

i hate waste my time crafting when i can slay monsters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info