Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

"
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Re-reading the "manifesto" actually compounds the anger welling inside.

Mods, that are doing a stellar job of censoring comments, you ought to show the "design team" and the "bosses" this thread. Better still, make them play the game as "ordinary player accounts" to "relive that moment" ^^. Even better, make them do it, while they're under some high pressure deadline situation.

Nothing can be a more insulting thing to say at your average player than that comment right there. ^^

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Mar 10, 2021, 11:59:22 PM
why not remove it already?
I just want to know how many casual players the devs and Chris think are out there blindly slamming exalts onto their gear?
After 3 seassons of not playing, i back this league and was the league that i play most... I love it...
With this changes u are killing base players...
Now items, will cost more, and the 1% players will still have their OP craft...

Devs seems they aren't play the game.
Because no one want to break a item with 1 ex RNG when u have 12321312321 mods
After 2 months i finish all challenges and i was waiting 3.14

But then with this news... u killed all the hype.
Incoming lower player base in 3.14.
"
v3nomu wrote:
THE ONLY WAY to make casual players enjoy harvest crafting is to make the items soulbound once you used it.

it would have the opposite effect.
the fact that you can sell your item when you have a better on make that the price of good item are lower, so more accessible.
I knew Harvest would get a change but i was
hoping it was are more user friendly one that the
community actually wants and needs instead of butchering the whole system....

Does GGG want ppl to use a "random" discord so they can get the best out of the crafts ? Is that the game experience you want ?
No ? Good Job then because your patch didnt adress this, in my opinion biggest, issue at all.

Also i hardly disagree on your point of view. Not every player was able to craft the best items, not every player accumulated tons of crafts. It was only for those who put effort and currency into watchstones, missions and gameknowledge. Just like every other aspect of the game.

Why not remove Uberlab Helm Enchantments ? Uberlab Runners make a fortune with it ?

Why not remove Fossils, Delvers make a fortune with it ?

and so on....

Your game design was made so everyone can do the content they enjoy. Harvest offered a very nice crafting content and now you butcher it.

I hardly disagree with your decision and hope this gets read.
Hear, hear!

"
Honestly though. Who even cares about selling crafts. No one is forcing players to pay for them. YOU might not want us to have top tier items. but that doesn't mean we as players want to settle for garbage we pick up off the ground.

want us to stop deleting bosses by day 2o r 3? make them more challenging. And I don't just mean "unavoidable Damage" or crappy memory games. that is unbelievably lazy. I don't care if a boss has multiple phases. I dont care if they have super armor that gives them 90% dmg reduction for however long. If im build a boss killer. I WILL DELETE YOUR BOSSES. its that simple Ill build EVEN MORE into dmg on the tree and go in for AW8 sirus at 1900 ehp and ZERO defenses outside of my life pool and res. its inevitable. it was always going to happen. and it will always continue to happen in the future.

the biggest point no one seems to be figuring out at GGG is...Just because we as players are actually PLAYING THE GAME and ENJOYING a particular aspect of it more than something else does not mean it needs to be broken just because it happens to be our favorite toy. that's petty and done purely out of spite because you lack the imagination to make the end game more challenging. One shot mechanics are garbage unavoidable dmg mechanics are garbage. mini games inside tiny boss rooms are GARBAGE that's not "hard"

you want us to stop using TfT for crafting? make the crafting system more intuitive

you want us to stop solely relying on harvest to build our items? MAKE VANILLA CRAFTING WORTH IT.

95% of all the groves that DO spawn are full of useless crafts as it is. want to balance harvest? LOWER the encounter below base for other mechanics. Make it a 2% chance Leave the crafts alone. Make Zana not able to offer harvest missions. remove the atlas passives for it. there are more ways than just ruining a perfectly good crafting alternative to balance it. Look at how you butchered fossil crafting. you know what fossils people use? theres maybe 5 that have any sort of demand and its not for crafting items.

TLDR; You lack imagination and are taking it out on players that are new to crafting to make up for it
All you had to do was make harvest untradeable and slightly tone it down instead you ruined a great feature :( come on guys think it through before doing this absurd full nerf might as well remove harvest if you gonna do this.
"
Miqui wrote:
why not remove it already?

because at least, they keep the harvest chaos roll.
this league, i did 20 exa from it (70% of my money)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info