Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

"
toddliestew wrote:
Hello guys. I am currently in The transition state of moving from Mom version to The replica version.

I am comfortably doing t8 - t10 maps atm.
But i cant for the life of me succed with ultimatums. I feel that its not becouse of my survivability. I have 6800 Ehp and 3 endurance charges + Quartz flask. I just think i lack The damage to clear The mobs fast enough.

When does this build start shining in terms of dps?

I still lack 2x void batteries and 1x large + 3 medium cluster jewels.

Also, How do i get a timeless jewel with both mending and inner conviction? I noticed that The one i bought only offered me inner conviction, It Will have to suffice for now tho.

Please check my profile and give me tips/tricks.

You are missing so many options for damage, helm, gloves, passives etc
look at the gearing section

This is an extremely squishy build, i get oen-shot alot, but ultimatums ar emostly ok with inspired learning, im still on a 5link though

Iuse the cluster notable Thunderstruck, it kcocks back on crit, it helps not being surrounded in Ultimatums

My biggest issue is bosses, but i think with Replica Soul tether i can get over 6k EHP and it will be ok
Last edited by evolite on Apr 23, 2021, 7:40:24 AM

what should I focus on for my next upgrade? i have inspired learning already and its ok but im starting to struggle a little bit on t14-16 ultimatums. bosses seem easy still but i havent tried any guardians and making my way to first sirus.
"
evolite wrote:
"
toddliestew wrote:
Hello guys. I am currently in The transition state of moving from Mom version to The replica version.

But i cant for the life of me succed with ultimatums. I feel that its not becouse of my survivability. I have 6800 Ehp and 3 endurance charges + Quartz flask. I just think i lack The damage to clear The mobs fast enough.

Also, How do i get a timeless jewel with both mending and inner conviction? I noticed that The one i bought only offered me inner conviction, It Will have to suffice for now tho.

This is an extremely squishy build, i get oen-shot alot, but ultimatums ar emostly ok with inspired learning, im still on a 5link though

Iuse the cluster notable Thunderstruck, it kcocks back on crit, it helps not being surrounded in Ultimatums

My biggest issue is bosses, but i think with Replica Soul tether i can get over 6k EHP and it will be ok

Could you tell me some suggestions on gloves and helm??

Passives i know is a bit fucked. Thats becouse i am waiting for my cluster jewels so i can spend The points on them.

"
toddliestew wrote:
"
evolite wrote:
"
toddliestew wrote:

Could you tell me some suggestions on gloves and helm??

Passives i know is a bit fucked. Thats becouse i am waiting for my cluster jewels so i can spend The points on them.

the guide literally has all this info :)
power charge / enchant on helm, spell damage / curse on hit gloves
"
jeric26 wrote:

what should I focus on for my next upgrade? i have inspired learning already and its ok but im starting to struggle a little bit on t14-16 ultimatums. bosses seem easy still but i havent tried any guardians and making my way to first sirus.

Maybe try to get some curse on hit gloves?

and enchant on helm
"
Vague_Density wrote:
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:
Once we get that, can I get rid of this awful ring and amulet set up? (zero hp and resists)?

Having said that, I agree that this build is pretty glass cannon, even towards the end game. Its only defences are Elusive + Immortal Call + however much HP + ES you can stack up. There's 0 block, dodge, armour, etc. to rely on, so when you get hit, you get chunked hard. I definitely wish Fyregrass was a little more transparent with that. It's a well written guide, but it really doesn't point out the downsides of the build.

Ah crap, I just started on this build (A10 Kitva and 3rd Lab right now). How's it with Ultimatums? Maybe should consider tankier rerolls in the mid league, but I was hoping I could stick to one build.

I mean it's fun, and DPS is good, but when you start getting into red maps with the 5 ex setup it is very rough. This is my second char of the league so I was pushing the atlas hard my gems aren't leveled up nicely etc yet but the HP is really an issue. It's slightly better with 4 endurance charges now, I can do T11 as long as no crazzy mods on them... but I guess i'll have to save up for a replica soul tethers so i'll be stuck at T11 for a while now - which is a kinda shame.

I must say, I did storm brand last league as an inquisitor and it was much much smoother, DPS was crazy high too (20m DPS) using clusters, but with a tankier life and regen set up. Perhaps Fyre can tweak the build further to not be so glass cannon at least in the initial stages.

Build feels pretty rough when not fully optimized, sure the dmg is there but at a budget you either sacrifice damage or survivability.
At this point, i am tempted to just level another character or do some bladefall + bladeblast switch because i really want to do ultimatums and dying in higher red tier map doing league mechanic is so frustrating.
Still working on 6linking my chest and saving up for Inspired Learning and Cinderswallow Urn but even then i am not sure it will bring much to the table.
Last edited by tona91 on Apr 23, 2021, 9:22:42 AM
"
tona91 wrote:
Build feels pretty rough when not fully optimized, sure the dmg is there but at a budget you either sacrifice damage or survivability.
At this point, i am tempted to just level another character or do some bladefall + bladeblast switch because i really want to do ultimatums and dying in higher red tier map doing league mechanic is so frustrating.
Still working on 6linking my chest and saving up for Inspired Learning and Cinderswallow Urn but even then i am not sure it will bring much to the table.

Is it that bad? I can see you got most of the items required for the build and you still think it feels that aweful? Doesnt sound to good.

I Kinda agree tho, but i got alot of improvements to get, altho reading comments like this makes it harder to invest 20 ex If it wont be worth it.
Last edited by toddliestew on Apr 23, 2021, 11:07:40 AM
"
toddliestew wrote:
"
tona91 wrote:

Is it that bad? I can see you got most of the items required for the build and you still think it feels that aweful? Doesnt sound to good.

I Kinda agree tho, but i got alot of improvements to get, altho reading comments like this makes it harder to invest 20 ex If it wont be worth it.

I played this build last league and got mostly all items (except Precursor Emblems that where like 70-100+ ex) and was having a blast but still died from time to time.
On the current character, i feel like i lack so much damage and even with replica soul theater i still get rekt in t15-t16 ultimatums and red maps with hard mods.
I hope once i get 6link and power charge + light damage to spells helmet i will see a difference. If not definitely starting something else because ultimatums seem fun and i hate skipping them just so i don't die and lose xp.
I mean most builds are getting fucked over in Ultimatums to be honest, so I don't think it's the problem with the build. No doubt they will tweak them in the coming weeks.

My only issue is the glass cannon approach for the build. The DPS is high enough to sacrifice a little bit for defences (imho).

I have no doubts once we get to the 20-30ex range of gear, things will change and it will be smooth but I think the struggle doesn't need to be so awful until we get to that point.

I think a focus should be on defences rather than damage early on with a slow transition to the DPS version once we have the required gear. As I said previously, it's a night and day difference between this and the inquisitor storm brand I played last league, the only difference here is the slightly faster move speed because of elusive but all content was a joke on that character because of it's high defences. Even if a boss takes 1/3 more time to kill but you don't have to perfectly dodge every single attack or guaranteed death then IMHO it's a worthy trade off....

I really enjoy storm brand, and I know i am going to love this build once it's geared out and i will continue to push on with it.. but I know that in it's current state there is no way i'll play it again in the future because of how rough the process is to get to that stage.
Last edited by Nevzat on Apr 23, 2021, 11:57:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info