Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Fyregrass, I see you have a headhunter now in league! How did you farm it, or did you get lucky?
So, apologies if this is a newb question, but something I realized after switching over to the Storm Brand at 83. If you are using Eldritch Battery, then inspiration doesn't provide inspiration charges cause its taking the mana from the ES first? Or am I missing something here. And the same thing for arcane surge.
Last edited by snowblindrai on Apr 22, 2021, 11:26:27 PM
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:
Once we get that, can I get rid of this awful ring and amulet set up? (zero hp and resists)?

Having said that, I agree that this build is pretty glass cannon, even towards the end game. Its only defences are Elusive + Immortal Call + however much HP + ES you can stack up. There's 0 block, dodge, armour, etc. to rely on, so when you get hit, you get chunked hard. I definitely wish Fyregrass was a little more transparent with that. It's a well written guide, but it really doesn't point out the downsides of the build.

Ah crap, I just started on this build (A10 Kitva and 3rd Lab right now). How's it with Ultimatums? Maybe should consider tankier rerolls in the mid league, but I was hoping I could stick to one build.
"
snowblindrai wrote:
So, apologies if this is a newb question, but something I realized after switching over to the Storm Brand at 83. If you are using Eldritch Battery, then inspiration doesn't provide inspiration charges cause its taking the mana from the ES first? Or am I missing something here. And the same thing for arcane surge.

Yea it's definitely an error in the PoB. I unspecced it after realizing the same thing too during that stage of the build.

"
Vague_Density wrote:
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:
Once we get that, can I get rid of this awful ring and amulet set up? (zero hp and resists)?

Having said that, I agree that this build is pretty glass cannon, even towards the end game. Its only defences are Elusive + Immortal Call + however much HP + ES you can stack up. There's 0 block, dodge, armour, etc. to rely on, so when you get hit, you get chunked hard. I definitely wish Fyregrass was a little more transparent with that. It's a well written guide, but it really doesn't point out the downsides of the build.

Ah crap, I just started on this build (A10 Kitva and 3rd Lab right now). How's it with Ultimatums? Maybe should consider tankier rerolls in the mid league, but I was hoping I could stick to one build.

It's pretty rough to start out. Use a quartz flask and just kite in circles. For me, I pretty much had to clench my butt until I had around 15-20ex invested into the build where my DPS could clear the mobs quick enough to have some breathing room. But it can absolutely do T16 Ultimatums, just don't expect them to be comfy till you get to the Void Batteries build.
Hey!
Ive found out that we can have 10% Frenzy Charge on Hit with elegent hubris. I wonder if it worth to change from the Militant Faith timeless jewel?
"
Lightzaw wrote:
Why do I loose all brands after 1-2 Brand Recalls?
I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong :(
And for now I have to click it automaticly every time I want to do damage.

I'm at the "Enduring composure/endurance charges" point of the guide.

If someone can look at my profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong, then it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit:Have Brand Recall on left mouse button

its because of swiftbrands in ur storm brand links. they deal more dmg in a shorter period of time but u are also gonna lose them quicker.

"
sorlix wrote:
Hey!
Ive found out that we can have 10% Frenzy Charge on Hit with elegent hubris. I wonder if it worth to change from the Militant Faith timeless jewel?

I've been wondering this too. From using Fyregrass' Corrupted Soul version of his build, the numbers actually suggest that Badge isn't as good as Ephemeral Bond (2.2m vs 1.8m per brand).

The main thing is that, at 10 power charges, Badge will give 40% more damage and 40% cast speed. Inner Conviction gives us 30% more spell damage. But you do end up losing out on 10-400 flat lightning to spells, which seems like way more than the damage 10 frenzy charge provides.

So to me, I think Ephemeral Bond is still better in terms of flat out damage. But Badge does give you a lot more zoom zoom due to the increased Elusive effectiveness. At least that's what I've concluded, but I might be missing something.
love the build, but decided to adjust to acro at the bottom because build is just way too squishy, felt alot better if anyone wants to try it out, damage is still almost the same, not sure whats the optimal annoint because with my tree i take infused for 2 points, once I pick up hh probably going to just annoint disciple of slaughter or use alt blood rage with corrupted soul glorious vanity with badge
Last edited by Arcaniusu on Apr 23, 2021, 4:42:51 AM
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
sorlix wrote:
Hey!

I've been wondering this too. From using Fyregrass' Corrupted Soul version of his build, the numbers actually suggest that Badge isn't as good as Ephemeral Bond (2.2m vs 1.8m per brand).

The main thing is that, at 10 power charges, Badge will give 40% more damage and 40% cast speed. Inner Conviction gives us 30% more spell damage. But you do end up losing out on 10-400 flat lightning to spells, which seems like way more than the damage 10 frenzy charge provides.

So to me, I think Ephemeral Bond is still better in terms of flat out damage. But Badge does give you a lot more zoom zoom due to the increased Elusive effectiveness. At least that's what I've concluded, but I might be missing something.

Damn i really dont know. I feel like its harder to beat ultimatums with the frenzy charges. I guess its better to generate frenzy with blood rage instead and use badge and switch to ephemeral if im doing bosses.

Or i cant generate frenzies because of the Inner Conviction?
Last edited by sorlix on Apr 23, 2021, 6:33:42 AM
Hello guys. I am currently in The transition state of moving from Mom version to The replica version.

I am comfortably doing t8 - t10 maps atm.
But i cant for the life of me succed with ultimatums. I feel that its not becouse of my survivability. I have 6800 Ehp and 3 endurance charges + Quartz flask. I just think i lack The damage to clear The mobs fast enough.

When does this build start shining in terms of dps?

I still lack 2x void batteries and 1x large + 3 medium cluster jewels.

Also, How do i get a timeless jewel with both mending and inner conviction? I noticed that The one i bought only offered me inner conviction, It Will have to suffice for now tho.

Please check my profile and give me tips/tricks.
Last edited by toddliestew on Apr 23, 2021, 6:41:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info