[3.14] No BS Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky | League Starter | Good DPS & Clear

"
Hi. Playing the build and enjoying it thoroughly, most of the way through Act 9. Some questions:

1. Why do you bother with cloak of defiance when you can get MOM from the keystone?

2. Agnostic reduces your ES to 0. I'm confused why you have ES gear. What am I missing?

3. Since we went right by Elemental Equilibrium anyway, I took is and proc it by having flame wall on a CWDT. Good idea, Bad idea or meh?

Thanks for the very cool build.

1. Cloak of defiance in addition to giving us 'Mind over Matter' also gives us 10% of damage taken form mana before life. This is the same effect that MoM gives and they stack. So with with the Hierophant ascendancy, MoM, and Cloak of defiance we achieve 50% of damage taken form mana before life.

2. ES gear has an easier time rolling blue sockets and such low investment into Amour or Evasion wouldn't do much.

3. Elemental Equilibrium makes it so when you deal elemental damage with a hit that enemy will gain 50% resistance to that element and -25% to all other elements. Flame wall is a DoT spell and does not have a 'hit' so you're actually giving the enemy lightning resistance and your flame wall does nothing. TL;DR bad idea

Make Strom Brand great again.
"
THE_NAT wrote:
"
maxdudemax wrote:
Thank you for the build guide!

Could you recommend an early alternative for Atziri's Foible? Still saving up for Cloak of Defiance and the amulet is quite expensive this league so far.

Would it make sense to pick up a rare amulet with mana regen?

I would just use a rare amulet with life, mana, and ele res.

It will drop in price as the league goes on though so keep that in mind

Hi. Sorry for this, but where did you get this graph?
we only proc conductivity by manually casting orb of storms?
Thanks for the quick replies to questions :)

Overall the build has felt quite good, particularly against bosses. I'm up to tier 11 maps and have had absolutely no trouble against conquerors.

However, I'm finding survivability iffy against larger packs, particularly in Ultimatums. Stopping to cast storm brand feels really dangerous, even inside sigil, and I find myself getting killed by rapid fire attacks from ranged mobs.

POB has me at upwards of 25k ehp, but I suspect the problem arises with a lack of good damage mitigation/defensive layers, which might explain why it feels good tanking one-shots, but many smaller hits break through the agnostic regen.

A couple questions:

1. Your POB has you blinding enemies. How are you applying blind?
2. Any tips on adding some mitigation, even maybe at the cost of a little DPS? Would it make sense to maybe try swapping from a staff to wand/shield (would that even add any block)?

My POB in case you have time to take a look: https://pastebin.com/ATM4qXtm
"
KatorSu wrote:
"
THE_NAT wrote:
"
maxdudemax wrote:
Thank you for the build guide!

Could you recommend an early alternative for Atziri's Foible? Still saving up for Cloak of Defiance and the amulet is quite expensive this league so far.

Would it make sense to pick up a rare amulet with mana regen?

I would just use a rare amulet with life, mana, and ele res.

It will drop in price as the league goes on though so keep that in mind

Hi. Sorry for this, but where did you get this graph?

Just got it at https://poe-antiquary.xyz/ it's quite a nice website for seeing currency and item trends. :)
Last edited by THE_NAT on Apr 20, 2021, 2:56:15 PM
"
we only proc conductivity by manually casting orb of storms?

Yep, you could also use Wave of Conviction to get more damage but some might find that annoying to use.

I guess if you really want to you could get a Conductivity/Ele weakness ring but that's super expensive.

"
maxdudemax wrote:

Overall the build has felt quite good, particularly against bosses. I'm up to tier 11 maps and have had absolutely no trouble against conquerors.

However, I'm finding survivability iffy against larger packs, particularly in Ultimatums. Stopping to cast storm brand feels really dangerous, even inside sigil, and I find myself getting killed by rapid fire attacks from ranged mobs.

POB has me at upwards of 25k ehp, but I suspect the problem arises with a lack of good damage mitigation/defensive layers, which might explain why it feels good tanking one-shots, but many smaller hits break through the agnostic regen.

A couple questions:

2. Any tips on adding some mitigation, even maybe at the cost of a little DPS? Would it make sense to maybe try swapping from a staff to wand/shield (would that even add any block)?

Vs large packs there are a couple of things you can do to increase your survivability.

1. Kill them if you invest into good wands you should see ~20% damage increase(This will be expensive). additionally you can get a medium brand cluster with the notable 'Holy Conquest' this will make you kill packs faster so they can't kill you. As a final way to increase you damage you could grab a timeless jewel in the name of Dominus to get 12% more damage.

2. Get blind if the packs hit you less you take less damage. You can get blind through the notable 'Disorienting Display' which is a suffix on large cluster jewels.

3. Increase you resistances to Chaos and phys. You can achieve this by getting chaos res on your gear (This will be expensive) and by swapping your quartz flask for a basalt flask.

4. Increase your HP pool your current pool is ~7k which is solid don't get me wrong but it could definitely be higher. (This will also be expensive).

5. This is more of a playstyle thing but storm brand a a pretty good range and can go around corners. Don't just flame dash into 35 enemies and die, use your range, mobility, and targetability to your advantage.

I hope this clears everything up for you.
"
THE_NAT wrote:
"
maxdudemax wrote:

A couple questions:

Vs large packs there are a couple of things you can do to increase your survivability.

1. Kill them if you invest into good wands you should see ~20% damage increase(This will be expensive). additionally you can get a medium brand cluster with the notable 'Holy Conquest' this will make you kill packs faster so they can't kill you. As a final way to increase you damage you could grab a timeless jewel in the name of Dominus to get 12% more damage.

2. Get blind if the packs hit you less you take less damage. You can get blind through the notable 'Disorienting Display' which is a suffix on large cluster jewels.

3. Increase you resistances to Chaos and phys. You can achieve this by getting chaos res on your gear (This will be expensive) and by swapping your quartz flask for a basalt flask.

4. Increase your HP pool your current pool is ~7k which is solid don't get me wrong but it could definitely be higher. (This will also be expensive).

5. This is more of a playstyle thing but storm brand a a pretty good range and can go around corners. Don't just flame dash into 35 enemies and die, use your range, mobility, and targetability to your advantage.

I hope this clears everything up for you.

+1 on the blind cluster jewel node. Went from having some difficulty with t15/16 ultimatums to just running in circles again, the blind is up 100% of the time and covers basically everything in the ultimatum.
Are you all binding Arcane Cloak to your left click, or saving it to pop as a buff along with everything else?

I'm trying to figure out how to boost my "walking around" damage, and it seems like stuff like Arcane Cloak, Sigil of Power, Vaal RF, etc are just there to pop on bosses.
"
unsmith wrote:
Are you all binding Arcane Cloak to your left click, or saving it to pop as a buff along with everything else?

I'm trying to figure out how to boost my "walking around" damage, and it seems like stuff like Arcane Cloak, Sigil of Power, Vaal RF, etc are just there to pop on bosses.

I have arcane cloak on left click then I pop Sigil of Power a couple second before the boss become damageable so I have time to charge it. Finally I pop Vaal RF as the boss spawns.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info