[3.14] No BS Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky | League Starter | Good DPS & Clear

"
jjmccaw wrote:
what are you guys going to use to get through A1? Stormblast Mine?

'Catmasterop' has a amazing templar league start levelling guide which im following, so basically im running Orb of storms with wave of conviction, and exploding trap which i later swap for lightning spire trap
Anyone else freezes in ultimatum encounters with storm brand? No frames or latency.
How are you generating endurance charges?
"
sooJelly wrote:
How are you generating endurance charges?

Our ascendancy 'Conviction of Power' gives us +4 Minimum endurance charges so we always have all 4 up.
Make Strom Brand great again.
Thank you for the build guide!

Could you recommend an early alternative for Atziri's Foible? Still saving up for Cloak of Defiance and the amulet is quite expensive this league so far.

Would it make sense to pick up a rare amulet with mana regen?
Quick question, how important is swiftbrand? Would using lightning pen in its place be viable, or is there a better gem perhaps to throw in its place? I ask because the QoL I feel we lose by using swiftbrand is pretty large, at least while progressing maps. I know we'd lose some burst but the QoL of having a longer attached duration would be nice.

edit: After playing a couple maps with lightning pen instead of swift brand I'll say it feels a lot better for ultimatums. Previously I was having trouble dealing with ultimatums because I would quickly get overwhelmed by the spawns and couldn't keep more than 1-2 brands up at a time. Now I can drop a brand, run, drop a brand, run, and this lets me keep all 4 up. Though I can feel a slight single target dps loss, will probably use swiftbrand for conqs.
Last edited by SpookyDucks on Apr 19, 2021, 11:37:47 AM
"
maxdudemax wrote:
Thank you for the build guide!

Could you recommend an early alternative for Atziri's Foible? Still saving up for Cloak of Defiance and the amulet is quite expensive this league so far.

Would it make sense to pick up a rare amulet with mana regen?

I would just use a rare amulet with life, mana, and ele res.

It will drop in price as the league goes on though so keep that in mind

Hello. I have a questions, maybe i misunderstand something.

What is "Holy Conquest" in the medium cluster jewel for?
The "Brands attach to a new enemy each time they activate" with 0,3s cd doesn't seem so usefull for me. If the enemy dies within 0,3seconds, it's gonna attach somewhere else anyway. If he doesn't die, then i probably don't want him to attach to a new one.

So, what exactly is it for? Also, why 2 times? Just for the 10% cast speed?
"
SiLenTREyZax3 wrote:
Hello. I have a questions, maybe i misunderstand something.

What is "Holy Conquest" in the medium cluster jewel for?
The "Brands attach to a new enemy each time they activate" with 0,3s cd doesn't seem so usefull for me. If the enemy dies within 0,3seconds, it's gonna attach somewhere else anyway. If he doesn't die, then i probably don't want him to attach to a new one.

So, what exactly is it for? Also, why 2 times? Just for the 10% cast speed?

Holy Conquest just helps with clear. The reason we I have 2 is because they were cheap and close in damage to more expensive ones. The import thing to get on clusters is 'Brand Loyalty' + Any other notable.
Hi. Playing the build and enjoying it thoroughly, most of the way through Act 9. Some questions:

1. Why do you bother with cloak of defiance when you can get MOM from the keystone?

2. Agnostic reduces your ES to 0. I'm confused why you have ES gear. What am I missing?

3. Since we went right by Elemental Equilibrium anyway, I took is and proc it by having flame wall on a CWDT. Good idea, Bad idea or meh?

Thanks for the very cool build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info