⛵☁️[3.25] The Arachnophobia Allstars| Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 150M+

Dominating Blow is another minion skill where you attack enemies to spawn Sentinels. You can use Herald of Purity too. These skills are probably better for developing your atlas and stuff early on in the league so you can get some money to eventually switch to this kind of build.
Using ball lighting + echo + gmp + slower proj self cast atm. Spell echo gives a nice virulence ramp up and upkeep at 45-50 (50 is my max atm). I've been experimenting with the arcanist brand for high upkeep to both packs and bosses. It seems promising but don't have enough time to test all combos. Arcanist + ball lightning isn't bad. Has anyone found a more slacker-friendly way to achieve it?
Last edited by RestInPieces on Oct 27, 2021, 6:03:52 PM
I feel like I've got a lot of the key components, and mapping feels fine, but man, bossing is just unbearable.

I'm going to keep trying it and see if I can turn it around. This is my fault, I knew this was more of a second build than a league starter, but I tried it anyways.
"
sumfight wrote:
I feel like I've got a lot of the key components, and mapping feels fine, but man, bossing is just unbearable.

I'm going to keep trying it and see if I can turn it around. This is my fault, I knew this was more of a second build than a league starter, but I tried it anyways.

Hey sumfight,

you are missing key-componenzs like

- a helmet enchant
- for a few chaos you get a much better amulet
- for a few chaos you get a much better beltjewel
- some important gems are quality 0, level 1 or 2,...
- all alternate gem qualities are missing
- a lot important coreskills are missing in your set-up too
= for a few chaos you get a much better bodyarmour

I take later a look on your pob at desktop PC.

I guess your es is much too low, and with frostshield level 1 on top added only you will be oneshotted sometimes and without maxed gems, without bodyarmour, amulet etc. you are missing a lot damage.
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 27, 2021, 11:04:18 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
sumfight wrote:

Hey sumfight,

- a helmet enchant
- some important gems are jevel 1 or 2, quality 0..

I guess your es is much too low, and with frostshield level 1 on top added only you will be oneshotted sometimes and without maxed gems, without bodyarmour, amulet etc. you are missing a lot damage.

I did have my cast when stunned set-up all at level 20, but after I took the bastion of hope that was in the POB you gave I rarely ever got stunned, so I switched to cast when damage taken. Just used to leaving it low level, but I'll level them.

The gems that area level 1 and two are awakened gems, I don't have the GCPs to bump them up yet.

I'm unsure what you mean about the body armor, I've got a skin of the loyal with the same colors in the guide. If you are suggesting skin of the lords, I'm no where even close to being level 5 on my awakened gems so that would not work since they are not corrupted.

Also the helm enchant is 8 EX currently as I'm posting this, so it's a little out of my reach. Ran lab for an entire day trying to get it, well maybe not an entire day but I filled up a tab and a little of another of helm enchants, so quite a while.
"
sumfight wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
sumfight wrote:

Hey sumfight,

- a helmet enchant
- some important gems are jevel 1 or 2, quality 0..

I did have my cast when stunned set-up all at level 20, but after I took the bastion of hope that was in the POB you gave I rarely ever got stunned, so I switched to cast when damage taken. Just used to leaving it low level, but I'll level them.

The gems that area level 1 and two are awakened gems, I don't have the GCPs to bump them up yet.

I'm unsure what you mean about the body armor, I've got a skin of the loyal with the same colors in the guide. If you are suggesting skin of the lords, I'm no where even close to being level 5 on my awakened gems so that would not work since they are not corrupted.

Also the helm enchant is 8 EX currently as I'm posting this, so it's a little out of my reach. Ran lab for an entire day trying to get it, well maybe not an entire day but I filled up a tab and a little of another of helm enchants, so quite a while.

Yes, PoB was updated before some days, that's correct. Change in Time of need and divergent cws level 20.
Skin of the lords with a fitting keynote is traded 20 chaos, with a fitting keynote 60 chaos. The +2 gemlevels buff a lot your damage, but you need corrupted, that's correct too.
Amulet anoint is missing in your set-up and catalysts. No damage on full life is linked, you will miss a lot damage. Divergent cws, anomalous spell echo, divergent frostshield, divergent sniper's mark would solely help you a lot and are cheap traded. Amulet take +1/+2 gemlevel or es or of the many alternatives.

I check later the concrete numbers, but I guess it's like I posted above. Your gear is getting nice, but it's still not optimized in any slot.
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 27, 2021, 11:35:57 PM
Hi, any recommandation on my build i just change to CI build and i'm a bit tankier but i'm lacking of damage; any tips on how make the scorpion a bit more 'aggresive' ? Thank you
I just can agree. It's not very league starter friendly if you have to get level 20 or 21 gems corrupted, most of them alternate quality.

I was lucky on start and found 1 raw ex and two large cluster with 8 passives before I entered a single map, so I could do the CI transition really quick.
But from the damage side it really lacks from the start and takes a while to ramp
Last edited by seneidae on Oct 28, 2021, 2:15:42 AM
Before getting Arakali's leveling&mapping rly strugles alot.
After I got it clearspeed is insane, i dont even use HoA anymore ...
"
seneidae wrote:
I just can agree. It's not very league starter friendly if you have to get level 20 or 21 gems corrupted, most of them alternate quality.

I was lucky on start and found 1 raw ex and two large cluster with 8 passives before I entered a single map, so I could do the CI transition really quick.
But from the damage side it really lacks from the start and takes a while to ramp

Hi seneidae,

for me personally a leaguestarter is a build which can mainly do two thimgs:

1) Map high red tiers early ( before most other builds)

2) And does not depend on specific gear like golden oils, only hard with many currency to craft rares or is not in need of a specific buid enabling unique etc., all which are not available at leaguestart.

And yes, the build can do all content without corrupted gems and have cheap alternatives on each gear slot and can do easy and safe red t16 with alternative gear. Take a look on poeninja leaderboard for example:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Guardian

Just behind the special groupplay-racer-builds and some faster domblow-guardians you can see why perhaps it's a good leaguestarter...;-)

That's mentioned for the guardian-ascendancy. Other ascendancies offer more speed at start. The guardian-ascendancy has a very nice onslaught buff for starting, but with other classes you can race faster.

Also all corrupted gems are traded very fast very very early cheap, 1 chaos for most. You always trade for high level gems when you want to optimize your build, but you can go without too.

I take a look at your pob later.

There is a nice spoiler "checklist damage" in the build too - just there you find all infos easy when you have low damage with almost all factors of the damage.
Last edited by Chromino on Oct 28, 2021, 4:26:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info