[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Where do you see that ? We don't need any 6-link in this build ...
I'm feeling like I'm dying a lot. Especially in ultimatums when sometimes the whole circle seems to be filled with a lot of monsters. Talking about T13-T16 maps.

Been trying to check other people gear and passive tree on poe.ninja, and I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. Especially when I see some people who play at like 2.5 - 3k hp which seems crazy to me. If a hit goes through, I usually get hit pretty hard even when there's no double dmg mods on the map.

I'm aware that I'm missing a the gems corrupt from helmet, but that's kind of out of my reach right now since I'm kinda broke.

Here's my pob: https://pastebin.com/Jen15Ypg
"
b3nque wrote:
I'm feeling like I'm dying a lot. Especially in ultimatums when sometimes the whole circle seems to be filled with a lot of monsters. Talking about T13-T16 maps.

Been trying to check other people gear and passive tree on poe.ninja, and I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. Especially when I see some people who play at like 2.5 - 3k hp which seems crazy to me. If a hit goes through, I usually get hit pretty hard even when there's no double dmg mods on the map.

I'm aware that I'm missing a the gems corrupt from helmet, but that's kind of out of my reach right now since I'm kinda broke.

It happens :) you just need to run in circles.

One thing i would recommend is to change your frenzy setup.
Right now you are running with frenzy for single target, what's more only on crit.

Change it to frenzy, GMP, Hextouch, flammability. It will help you with clear.

Quality your blood rage. More Attack speed.
Last edited by bartpio on Apr 27, 2021, 7:51:34 AM
"
Chronos69 wrote:
Hi.

Newbie question here.

Why do we have 2 auras on the 6-link version of the weapon?

I mean... From what I know, CWDT can't auto cast vaal spells, so, why do we need auras on a 6-link with CWDT?

The reason for the 6 Link is so Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste, Phase Run and Immortal Call are all linked to the Increased Duration Gem.

CWDT purpose in the 6 link is only to auto cast Immortal Call when enough damage is taken, no other purpose.

For Auras, we are using only 1, which is Grace. Vaal Haste is there for us to use the Vaal portion only. I indicated this in the note below the setup

"

- Vaal Grace for defense(both its aura and vaal part)
- Vaal Haste for just the Vaal part
- Increased Duration to extend the duration when using Phase Run, Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste

Hopefully everything makes more sense now with the above explanation :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
b3nque wrote:

It's personal preference I think but I much prefer steelskin to immortal call. I just have it on leftclick linked to increased duration. Could try that and see how you like it.

Other than that, you should have a Seething divine flask 100%. Can spam press that flask in ultimatums because you get so many charges. will save you over the slower flask.
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why is the Combat Focus Crimson Jewel (no Cold) needed? 50% of cold damage is converted by Avatar of Fire and 50% by Frostferno anyway. Am I missing something?
I have trouble locating passive tree progression and general advice for the ascendant version of this guide. Can u pls point me to right direction?

So far im following Vei's tree but im missing the great details of leveling progress of basic hiero guide.
Also i thought ascendant should go for chieftain first (totem leech) and then path of the ranger passives.
However in latest update of Vei's tree i see him going to duelist branch, maybe for slayer leech not removed at full life?!

Any clarification appreciated.
This is my first time using this build as well and its pretty good for normal stuff

Higher tier maps its fine till your dodge rng fails you and i find doing vaaled t14+ bosses kind of hard (couldnt even do 2 bosses one that got ghosted and the flameblast boss in tower? map... another boss i almost couldnt do

I actually did a0 sirus for the first time ever (even with the texture loading junk) with 0 portals left and so close to dying im not sure how i did it lol

Heist unique bosses are really hard i tried nashta for the first time and died to her like 6 times before i killed her (didnt know you could keep reentering her area... good thing :D)

Sirus dominated rares are really hard and kill me most of the time
Ult areas you get 1 hit 30% of the time by random things

My char has 67/69% dodge with flask up

I havnt tried some other bosses (shaper/elder/others) but for the most part this build clears really good

I watched your t16 100% del map run and im not actually sure that is possible but i havnt really ran any del maps let alone 100%

I also feel like your curse setup is not good and its kind hard to use in ults since you need to be running most of the time so i sorta went with another skill that curses them by itself seems easier to me
"
e_stab wrote:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why is the Combat Focus Crimson Jewel (no Cold) needed? 50% of cold damage is converted by Avatar of Fire and 50% by Frostferno anyway. Am I missing something?

the way ele hit works is that it can only deal damage of the chosen element. Since we have AoF we only deal fire damage so the cold part will do literally zdps.
Hi all,

I'll be taking a break from POE. This might be my last lengthy/detailed reply post until I am back. Read the pinned announcement for more details

Just want to say thanks to bartpio, beverice, and others who helped to answer questions, shared ideas in the last few days. <3 you guys!

"
e_stab wrote:

Even though we have 100% Cold Damage converted to Fire Damage and our Cold Damage is zero, Cold can still be chosen as an option by Elemental Hit(To deal Zero Damage) That is why we need to use the Jewel to make Elemental Hit not select Cold.

"
Zenshii wrote:
I have trouble locating passive tree progression and general advice for the ascendant version of this guide. Can u pls point me to right direction?

I didn't create any detailed Passive Tree Progression for Non-Hierophants, and there are no plans to create any. In the future I might remove all things non-Hierophants as they create questions which I don't really have the time to support in detail.

That said, I will give some directions on where to go from where you are currently:

Heading towards Panopticon
- From Wisdom of the Glade Notable, Go pass Vaal Pact(Don't take it) Keystone, taking the +10 Dex and +10 Str(Until you reach Golem's Blood)
- Head down and take Golem's Blood Notable and the 5% Maximum Life small Passives and the +10 Dex and the +10 Str Small Passive to the left
- Head down again and take Surveillance and Panopticon Notable

Wind Dancer and Life Notables
- From here, we will follow the Guide to take Wind Dancer Keystone and all Life Notables like in Point 5. of 08. Passive Tree Progression
- So head towards Wind Dancer and take it
- Then we take the Life Notables(Since you already taken some, take the ones you haven't, which is Thick Skin Notable(accessing it from the Wind Dancer Side, which means 2 points)

Constitution Area and Might of the Meek
Stand by 2 Might of the Meek Unique Jewel as we will need them soon.
- Take all the remaining 5% Maximum Life Small Passive on the Constitution Notable Area
- Go for the 2 Jewel Socket(In your case just the one on the top left) and place and use the 2 Might of the Meek(After(Not before) taking those 5% Maximum Life)
- Take the 2 Small Passive below Totemic Zeal Notable. Don't take Totemic Zeal Notable as that will be rendered void due to Might of the Meek

DPS Notables
- Here onwards, it's basically following Point 6. in 08. Passive Tree Progression taking all the DPS Notables(Minus Lava Lash since we don't pass by there)

Other Stuffs
- Unnatural Instinct Unique Jewel - I considered this as Medium Value in 26. Upgrade Reference List, about the same as the Quill Rain with 14-18% Crit Chance. Go for this only after you worked on the higher priority upgrades in 26. Upgrade Reference List

- Take the Vaal Pact Keystone:
1. When you are doing end game contents and need the double Life Leech Recovery Speed
or
2. When you switch from Raider to Slayer

- Take all remaining Jewel Socket whenever you have the Jewels Ready to socket into them and the small 4-6% Small Life Passive besides those Life Notables(e.g. Devotion, Purity of Flesh, etc) if you need more life.

I think the above should cover everything.

"
Zenshii wrote:
Also i thought ascendant should go for chieftain first (totem leech) and then path of the ranger passives.
However in latest update of Vei's tree i see him going to duelist branch, maybe for slayer leech not removed at full life?!

Going for Ranger or Slayer is up to individual preference.

Personally I think Raider is good to take at the beginning, for its move speed, dodge, onslaught, etc. Later on when we reach the end game, Slayer might be better as its Life Leech not removed at Full Life combos very well with Vaal Pact plus it let us switch Marylene's Fallacy to a rare +2 Amulet without losing Culling Strike.

"
Lynerus wrote:
This is my first time using this build as well and its pretty good for normal stuff

Higher tier maps its fine till your dodge rng fails you and i find doing vaaled t14+ bosses kind of hard (couldnt even do 2 bosses one that got ghosted and the flameblast boss in tower? map... another boss i almost couldnt do

I actually did a0 sirus for the first time ever (even with the texture loading junk) with 0 portals left and so close to dying im not sure how i did it lol

Heist unique bosses are really hard i tried nashta for the first time and died to her like 6 times before i killed her (didnt know you could keep reentering her area... good thing :D)

Sirus dominated rares are really hard and kill me most of the time
Ult areas you get 1 hit 30% of the time by random things

My char has 67/69% dodge with flask up

I havnt tried some other bosses (shaper/elder/others) but for the most part this build clears really good

I watched your t16 100% del map run and im not actually sure that is possible but i havnt really ran any del maps let alone 100%

I also feel like your curse setup is not good and its kind hard to use in ults since you need to be running most of the time so i sorta went with another skill that curses them by itself seems easier to me

There are issues with your setup and you are not following the guide recommendations. Your custom selections/personal picks are not very ideal for the build(Other than the Void Sphere one, which I haven't tested but it looks to be a fantastic idea)

Setup issues
1. Precision Level 17? How do you use Grace + Skitterbot + Precision Level 17 at the same time? Guide and POB only list Level 1 Precision
2. Herald of Ash does basically "nothing" for Elemental Hit, we only use it for Holy Flame Totem

Not following Guide Recommendations
- No Diamond Flask?(Makes Marylene's Fallacy "useless", you are losing so much DPS not using this Flask)
- I didn't recommend using Shadows and Dust Glove and Le Heup of All Ring, they are not very good use of the equipment slots.
- Your affixes priority are wrong on the Rare Quiver, Ring and Stygian Vise(Minus Abyss Jewel which is perfect)

Others
- You are using a Mana Flask, which might be because you took Divine Guidance Ascendancy Passive, which in "6.3 Ascendancy and Bandits" of the guide I wrote the reason why we dont take it.
- I don't know why you took Iron Grip Keystone, we are no longer using Chainbreaker, it is just a wasted Skill Point
- You took the left path at the Watchtower Notable and right path at the Ancestral Bond Keystone for the Placement Speed it seems. Hiero has a lot of placement speed already, those points might be better placed on the other path which provides more DPS(Watchtower Right side) and Totem Survivability(Ancestral Bond Left Side)

Also, a high dodge doesn't make this a Tank build, we just get hit less, but each hit is still painful. Manually dodging/staying out of the battlefield at the side and letting totems take the heat when we can is still the playstyle for this build(And be on the move as much as possible in Ultimatum Encounters)

And because the below is so important, I'll copy paste it here from "26. Upgrade Reference List" of the guide:

If you are repeatedly dying/having survivability issues VS the content you are facing

I would recommend having these as a minimum for your character:

- 5,500+ Life
- 109%+ Uncapped Elemental Resist(So we are still at the 75% Resist Cap when we are cursed)
- 0%+ Chaos Resist(Preferably 20%+)

For big boss fights(Sirus, Uber Elder, etc), gear is only part of the equation. Understanding the Boss's Mechanic is the other part of the equation and is necessary to achieve victory.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info