[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Zenshii wrote:
Is anyone playing a Raider/Deadeye ascendancy variant in this league?
Is it still viable or not worth messing with it due to mana issues?

Nothing is changed specifically on Raider in 3.14 though I don't really recommend anyone going Raider unless they already have experience with this build.

Ranger's Starting is hard and other than Mana issues, there also things like Totem Placement Speed which is pretty slow for Raider(Gotta grab every accessible Totem Placement Speed).

In the End Game, Raider works great but the journey to reach there, I think it might turn people off.

As for Deadeye I don't recommend the Ascendancy as Deadeye doesn't really have any much defensive benefits plus Tailwind also doesn't work with Totems.

"
MrNasty wrote:
This is a fantastic guide, thanks for all the work.

Thank you!

"
MrNasty wrote:
I am eyeing the ascendant version - think it’s still a good choice with the changes this patch?

This patch didn't change anything specific to Ascendant so sure. I am playing an Ascendant so +1 to Ascendant from me ;)

"
MrNasty wrote:
Don’t mind hiero but played FP totems last league. Am I mistaken in assuming that the ascendant has a higher ceiling with lots of investment?

Here's an overview of the Asendancies:

Highest DPS, Easy to Start - Hiero
Totem Leeching Life to us, Good Defense, Not Easy/Hard to Start - Ascendant
Highest Movespeed, Max Evasion, Near Max Dodge, Very Hard to Start - Raider

"
MrNasty wrote:
Also curious how people are finding ultimatums with totems. Wondering if it’s hard to keep the totems alive

Will leave this for others to answer as I didn't do a lot of them.

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
MrNasty wrote:
This is a fantastic guide, thanks for all the work.

Think I might continue my 3-league long tradition of rerolling on the first weekend. I am eyeing the ascendant version - think it’s still a good choice with the changes this patch? Don’t mind hiero but played FP totems last league. Am I mistaken in assuming that the ascendant has a higher ceiling with lots of investment?

Also curious how people are finding ultimatums with totems. Wondering if it’s hard to keep the totems alive

No issues with totem survivability.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Thank you both, ascendant it is. Off I go to cause some trouble
Got my Frostferno, all that is left is a Kaom's but they are really expensive so I will wait.

Thanks Bartpio for the idea.

Spoiler
Why or why .....

Couldn't go worse :(
"
bartpio wrote:
Why or why .....

Couldn't go worse :(

Better than poof? You can sell it!
The prices are higher than I expected (or maybe chaos is just close to worthless) but I'm currently at level 63 and finishing acts, spend all my money I've earned so far and I still need a Frostferno and one remaining Combat Focus. Is it possible for me to transition from Holy Flame Totem now and farm the remaining money with EleHit? Not sure how much damage I could get or if it's gonna be an improvement at all (although the +2 totems from the tree is looking juicy), all I know is that the damage from HFT is starting to dwindle as my tree passives started gravitating towards attack totem nodes and I really don't wanna invest in better sceptres (+1 fire and some spell dmg on both) since I wanna save up for the remaining gear. All help appreciated.
"
TheAndrzejs wrote:
The prices are higher than I expected (or maybe chaos is just close to worthless) but I'm currently at level 63 and finishing acts, spend all my money I've earned so far and I still need a Frostferno and one remaining Combat Focus. Is it possible for me to transition from Holy Flame Totem now and farm the remaining money with EleHit? Not sure how much damage I could get or if it's gonna be an improvement at all (although the +2 totems from the tree is looking juicy), all I know is that the damage from HFT is starting to dwindle as my tree passives started gravitating towards attack totem nodes and I really don't wanna invest in better sceptres (+1 fire and some spell dmg on both) since I wanna save up for the remaining gear. All help appreciated.

Go ahead. I've changed as soon as i got the 5 link long before maps.
Although remember the combat focus jewels are your priority. They are doubling your damage
Just made the switch to ele hit with the frostferno, rain of splinters, combat focus jewels, quill rain, and a quiver. I may just not be progressed enough yet but what is the secret to making the totems be able to take some more hits?

Mine seem to die fairly quickly.
"
armyalan wrote:
Just made the switch to ele hit with the frostferno, rain of splinters, combat focus jewels, quill rain, and a quiver. I may just not be progressed enough yet but what is the secret to making the totems be able to take some more hits?

Mine seem to die fairly quickly.

Try taking Ironwood Notable. Higher Level of Ballista Totem also help.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info