[3.15] Saqawal's Twister | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

Looks like poison's getting buffed. Lose an ascendancy bonus and probably a bit of support gem damage, but gain a 50% buff to base poison damage.
"
Soske wrote:
Looks like poison's getting buffed. Lose an ascendancy bonus and probably a bit of support gem damage, but gain a 50% buff to base poison damage.

Yeah, looks like the ascendency nerf is losing 30% poison multi, but since they are buffing poison by 50% base, overall we are getting a buff, the duration is probably going to suck a little bit since itll go down, but overall shouldn't really be that big of a deal, and would only affect a couple boss fights if any.

As far as the possible support gems nerf, i don't think itll be too big, still think we will net gain some damage out of this wave of nerf/buffs hopefully.

Also, the Dot Multi on weapons moving to suffix is going to be really interesting now, be able to craft a really good weapon now
Patch notes are up. Comparatively speaking, we got off light. Second Wind is worthless for us now, and that looks to be the only big nerf for us.
No the biggest nerf is the change of swift affliction from reduced duration to less duration. ~50% fewer casts per second. Going from 85% reduced to 60% reduced with an additional 25% less is .15 vs .4*.75 = .3 duration modifier
"
AridGalaxy wrote:
No the biggest nerf is the change of swift affliction from reduced duration to less duration. ~50% fewer casts per second. Going from 85% reduced to 60% reduced with an additional 25% less is .15 vs .4*.75 = .3 duration modifier

Sorry, I never really looked into the difference between reduced and less in this game, but does that mean that 0.12 is gonna become 0.15?
No it means that before we had 85% reduced duration or effectively a .15 duration modifier, now we have a .3 duration modifier from our reduced duration items + swift affliction.
"
Soske wrote:
"
AridGalaxy wrote:

Sorry, I never really looked into the difference between reduced and less in this game, but does that mean that 0.12 is gonna become 0.15?

Mmmm, not quite, this change actually wont affect us at all surprisingly

Heres how the math works

4 seconds base,
-2s for boots/gloves (for example)
With 85% reduced duration, You would do 2 x 0.15
which gives you 0.3, you would then do 0.3 x .4 (from the 60% less duration)

This gives you 0.12

If you move the 15% from reduced duration to the less duration, you end up with 0.12 either way

-2 x 0.4 = 0.8 (From the now 60% reduced duration) (we lose 25% from awak swift affliction being less duration)

then 0.8 x 0.15 = 0.12(since less duration amount is now 85% cuz we gained 25% from awakened swift affliction now being less duration)

All in all, no nerfs on this aspect.

However, the more mana cost multiplier on less duration might be a slight problem, might need to run an enlighten now, will have to see when pob updates

still reading notes, will update if i find more

edit: Yeah so overall,

second wind slight nerf

Less duration costs more mana

Swift affliction Buffed, now same dura as awakened, so no longer will need awakened swift affliction, but now costs more mana.

deadly ailments nerf

Vile toxins nerf

Poison got both buffed, ascendency got nerfed, hard to say exactly how thatll even out overall until PoB is updated
Last edited by Supaspork on Jul 21, 2021, 2:38:17 AM
As mentioned, I don't think the change hurts this as hard as might be expected. Its just the new mana multipliers we need to deal with.

https://i.ibb.co/XsQF8bR/tornado-calc.png
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
Last edited by Starlight85 on Jul 21, 2021, 4:29:05 AM
[removed]
Last edited by iceman33927 on Jul 21, 2021, 9:43:49 AM
Deadly Ailments:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).
Supported Skills now deal 30-44% more Damage with Ailments (previously 45-64%).
Supported Skills now deal 80% less Damage with Hits (previously 10%).

Awakened Deadly Ailments:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).
No longer has "Damaging Ailments inflicted with Supported Skills deal Damage faster".
Supported Skills now deal 45-49% more Damage with Ailments (previously 65-69%).
Supported Skills now deal 80% less Damage with Hits (previously 10%).

won't that kill the build? because poison damage is% of hit damage. and the impact damage will be almost zero. or not?
wrote via google translator, there may be errors, sorry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info