[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's ❄️ LL CoC Ice Nova/Spear Assassin ❄️ Ready for 3.19 Fun Lake Farming!!!

"
Looks interesting as an alternative to CI. I like tanky build :P Is the dmg good enough for endgame, you think?

Is the mana leech annoint doing much, since it's only from attack damage? And would it make sense to fit in Arcane Surge somewhere? :)

I just did maven with 1 death, so if that's end game for you, then it should be enough.

Yes, mana leech from Essence sap carries this. you do 1-2k cold damage with cyclone, so you definitely get lots of good use.
Hi, I'm thinking about switching to CoC and compared some builds. When I import your PoB, it tells me ~800k DPS compared to e. g. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Iconss/xxICEXXXXX?i=8&search=skill%3DCyclone%2CIce-Nova%26sort%3Ddps which gives me about 10M DPS in PoB with the only real difference being the two Circle of Fear. Do they really make that much of a difference or am I missing something?
I'm currently running as a LL Lightning Trap Sapper so I already have some of the gear. Would you recommend switching without Unnatural Instinct or waiting for some more ex and switching with it?
Thanks!

// Edit:
Also, what's the difference to Occ CoC Ice Spear?
Last edited by n4zroth on Nov 11, 2021, 10:31:50 AM
I've pretty much maxed out this build to the extent that I want to take it.

Build here with my current gear: https://pastebin.com/bzzP9TGY

There's a few small upgrades I could still get (triple crit multi jewels, better Watcher's Eye with three mods or Hatred cold pen, triple notable large clusters), but I think I've hit the limit with it.

It feels amazing to play which is ultimately what I wanted from the build. Super quick, explodes entire screens and anything nearby, and melts bosses. It can be a bit squishy, and you could potentially drop Skitterbots for Determination if you want to build slightly more defensively.

This is just an idea of how it can be built, there are lots of variations around. I went through several iterations (Life --> CI / Max Block --> Low Life) until I settled on this after working on the tree for awhile.

A lot of this gear is completely unnecessary to enjoy the build. I felt OP when I was doing around ~4mil DPS in maps, and this build is now around 14mil+. It's one of those rare builds where every big investment upgrade you throw at it just makes it better and better, and has been a killer choice for the league.

Let me know if you have any questions about this tree or anything else involved with the build.
Considering I took the EoW build to clear everything, Think it's time to try this out :D. Will post how it's going and see how far I can take it.
why do you choose assassin over occultist?
IGN: hyrenfreak
"
hyrenfreak wrote:

Easier to hit Crit cap + elusive. Occy is probably more DPS, and I'll probably try it some time.
"
iisanoob wrote:
"
hyrenfreak wrote:

Easier to hit Crit cap + elusive. Occy is probably more DPS, and I'll probably try it some time.

indeed these are the right answers. Occultist is currently superior to Assassin for damage.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Guide is updated with new PoBs. Some of these are experimental, and I will try to update the more I test things. Feel free to try different things and let me know and we can optimize the build in the next weeks.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
I mean, are you really going to pass dominus militant faith in this? Seems like second thread of hope isnt worth compared to the massive damage boost militant gives
The new PoBs have 0 mana sustain.. no mana flask nor essence sap annoint. There's no way it works, right?
Last edited by iisanoob on Nov 15, 2021, 11:56:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info