[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
La_D wrote:
Hello,
Why would you use Elemental Focus for Fireball? Because I notice that Fireball give ~ 90% more Damage with Ignite.

The build does not scale ignite/damage over time, so that mod is useless for the build. It does not increase the hit/explode damage of fireball, but only the damage over time effect. That being said, if you have a decent amount of cold damage to spells you can use controlled destruction or energy leech support to shatter enemies instead of elemental focus. This would be significantly less dps but nice quality of life because of corpse removal.
Last edited by Moethelion on Apr 23, 2021, 8:41:21 AM
Have a question about Red Nightmare jewel.
If we are getting this, is it viable to put it on Jewel node just above "sanctuary" node? This path is one skill point longer, yet boosts block chance and endurance chance considerably.
Or it is a non-factor and doesn't really matter for us? We also get some bonus strength for our critical strike chance
"
Christmasxx wrote:
Have a question about Red Nightmare jewel.
If we are getting this, is it viable to put it on Jewel node just above "sanctuary" node? This path is one skill point longer, yet boosts block chance and endurance chance considerably.
Or it is a non-factor and doesn't really matter for us? We also get some bonus strength for our critical strike chance

If you need it to cap your block it is definitely worth it. The build is designed to be attack block capped without it though, especially with gifts from above. I feel for the endurance chance alone it is not worth to lose a skill point, because for mapping we will isntantly go full endurance charges no matter what, and for bossing we don't have endurance charges anyway unless we use enduring cry.
Yeah, this build is not for me. Getting killed on T5 maps non-stop is not fun. I'm trying to cap resistances and get better gear since it's my league started but I can't get better gear or currency since Ultimatums kill me on wave 1 and regular map mobs simply one shot me.

After reading a lot of posts, I understood that you MUST have shield with 5% health regen and gloves with slower projectiles support - otherwise you will be annihilated. But to get them, you need currency and to get currency you need to grind. And you can't grind with bad gear. So it's defo not a league started build in my opinion.

Again, I'm not saying that build is bad. I'm just saying that I never had so much hard time with any other build ever.

Just to make sure I'm understood. There is no way I'm trying to harass or being mean to you. And no way I'm experienced "pro" player. It's just i'm doing something wrong and I can't understand what.
About blade blast in our wand setup. Do we really need it there? Since you have unnerve in jewel setup, what would be the point of BB?
Could we place some more survivability gems instead or do we lose something in that case?
"
KolStatic wrote:
Just to make sure I'm understood. There is no way I'm trying to harass or being mean to you. And no way I'm experienced "pro" player. It's just i'm doing something wrong and I can't understand what.

Sorry to hear that mate. I am aware that this is not a guide for new players and I should maybe make this clear in the guide.

Just some hints that might help you in the future:

You are wearing a lot of items, that have no/low life. You are not using fortify support on shield charge. You have multiple empty sockets in your gear. You are not using the arcanist brand setup I suggested without a 4 second trigger weapon. You are using two life flasks and not well rolled other flasks, which will lead to missing curse and poison protection. You still have the mana nodes skilled in the beginning of the tree, which should be replaced (see PoB trees) after second lab.

Also, doing T5 maps with level 69 is absolutely not necessary. You get insane XP doing white maps still.

Again, I am sorry it didn't work out for you and I hope you will find a build that suits your needs better. :(
"
Christmasxx wrote:
About blade blast in our wand setup. Do we really need it there? Since you have unnerve in jewel setup, what would be the point of BB?
Could we place some more survivability gems instead or do we lose something in that case?

Yes, blade blast is not needed as soon as we get the unnerve cluster jewel. Replace it as seen in the gem guide section. Frost shield is a great one for that. Or use Cold Snap if you don't have a frenzy chest.
Last edited by Moethelion on Apr 23, 2021, 12:29:23 PM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Christmasxx wrote:

Yes, blade blast is not needed as soon as we get the unnerve cluster jewel. Replace it as seen in the gem guide section. Frost shield is a great one for that. Or use Cold Snap if you don't have a frenzy chest.

Got it, thanks.
Frost shield + something else for survivability is also viable?

And general question about wand mods.
T1 lightning flat damage to spells on a wand - does it provide us some ability to shock enemies?
"
Christmasxx wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Christmasxx wrote:

T1 lightning flat damage to spells on a wand - does it provide us some ability to shock enemies?

It absolutely does. If you have a lot of overall damage, flat lightning spell damage will base shock enemies, as long as you don't use elemental focus, which we don't use on blazing salvo. So it is a decent burst to single target damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info