[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
Moethelion wrote:
"
Why we go in tree to Critical Strike when you are using Controlled Destruction in Blazing Salvo? Has no sense for me

Can someone explain me pls?

Reduced crit by 100% does NOT mean we don't crit. It just means we lose 100% increased crit chance. So if we have 1000% increased crit chance we still have 1000% - 100% = 900% increased crit chance.

Having more than 100% increased crit chance is worth in this game, because the base crit gets increased. So if we have 5% chance to crit and it gets increased by 900%, we have 0,05*(1+9) = 0,5 = 50% crit chance.

The more damage on Controlled Destruction easily makes up for the bit of crit loss, because we stack increased crit chance anyway.

ok, thanks for the explanation mate

I can understand now
Been thinking about this, do you think Soul Tether could work with the new Inquis tree + MoM ?
Yo,

This build has been pretty darn smooth so far, thank you for a great guide!

However, due to my own mistakes, I've scuffed the tree points around the Arcane Guarding, Mystic Bulwark and Annihilation nodes, I have enough respec points to fully redesign it but I'm stuck on breaking the chain on those Spell Critical Strike Chance nodes just under Annihilation. It's really those three pesky Int nodes above Snowforged.

Is there no way to fix this or should I just put up with an unoptimized path and power through the loss of 3 skill points?
Last edited by BigBoyDazza on Jan 21, 2021, 3:49:27 PM
"
BigBoyDazza wrote:
Yo,

However, due to my own mistakes, I've scuffed the tree points around the Arcane Guarding, Mystic Bulwark and Annihilation nodes, I have enough respec points to fully redesign it but I'm stuck on breaking the chain on those Spell Critical Strike Chance nodes just under Annihilation. It's really those three pesky Int nodes above Snowforged.

Is there no way to fix this or should I just put up with an unoptimized path and power through the loss of 3 skill points?

You need 6 respec points for this thats it. You remove ANY three nodes you can. You spec the right nodes (Deep Wisdom +2), you remove the int nodes, you respec the first three nodes you removed. Done.
"
BigBoyDazza wrote:
Yo,

You need 6 respec points for this thats it. You remove ANY three nodes you can. You spec the right nodes (Deep Wisdom +2), you remove the int nodes, you respec the first three nodes you removed. Done.
All right so 2 things I've been thinking about..

Soul Tether with the new Inquis tree + MoM ? Could it be added value ?

And

If we are able to cap our res elsewhere, would a ring like Brinerot Mark be good for us if we are planning on using chaos golem for our phys def ?
"
OblikZ wrote:
All right so 2 things I've been thinking about..

Soul Tether with the new Inquis tree + MoM ? Could it be added value ?

And

If we are able to cap our res elsewhere, would a ring like Brinerot Mark be good for us if we are planning on using chaos golem for our phys def ?

Soul Tether would give me like 300 ES right now, but a good Stygian Vise + Abyss jewel gives us more life, a lot of resistances and damage. I don't think the overleech is worth it, because we have insane recovery anyway.

Brinerot Mark would give us two percent physical damage reduction, which is nice, but by no means worth the loss of life/res/damage imo.

Of course that is just my personal optinion. Thank you for your suggestions!
Gonna hit lvl 90 soon, this build is a blast!
Love this build how do you sustain the mana flow I’m having issues with the mana
"
kaising2882 wrote:
Love this build how do you sustain the mana flow I’m having issues with the mana

Yes, you need your second Lab and skill Eldritch Battery. Then it is no problem at all anymore.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 22, 2021, 4:23:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info