[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
ojejku wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:

Don't you think it gives you % ES regen if you have % life regen? So if you have 5% life regen you get 5% ES regen? If not the build actually doesn't need Vitality, which would be big. I guess we'll see.

I'm 100% sure of what I said above, read the wording multiple times "CG you create causes Life Regeneration to also Recover ES". So your flat life regeneration is applied to ES and not % of life regenration calculated separately out of ES. Also PoB with 3.13 updates calculates the same way I mentioned, which is another proof if you're not convinced, thanks me later ;)

Thanks, didnt check new PoB yet. That is actually big. Changing the front page right now.
I'm looking into doing Blazing Salvo, but I have a couple of ideas.

First, High ES shield instead of life. A well rolled shield with still 1 prefix for +1 fire is ~ 300 ES, which nets 615 ES about with current tree. You lose about 250 life though. But with just that, you're at almost 1500 ES and could run MoM for extra tankiness if need be. Though its really hard to fit in. It might be a good option to explore before you get a good glancing blows shield.

With high end gear, Crit chance is already so high that Diamond Flask doesn't seem to do much. Although Cinderswallow is already added and is much better, I assume its just some PoB stuff.

I really like this build. I'd like to be able to leverage Pious Path more, but maybe I just settle. Maybe a high ES chest and shield until a good offensive chest. Or maybe just a good loreweave.
Have you ever tried Snakepit instead of Gifts? Since you only pierce once due to the glove craft, you could free that craft up, not pierce, but have free Fork or chain.
"
Have you ever tried Snakepit instead of Gifts? Since you only pierce once due to the glove craft, you could free that craft up, not pierce, but have free Fork or chain.

I have considered it, but came to the conclusion that I thought it is not worth. This might have changed due to our immense crit value now, but here is what I think:

Advantages of Snakepit over glove enchant:
- chain/fork instead of pierce. Kinda nice for clear speed, although I really like the area coverage of pierced GMP Fireball and I don't think it would be that big of an advantage. For Blazing Salvo it basically makes no difference.
- 30% cold resistance
- free glove prefix (not really much else to craft there tbh)

Disadvantages of Snakepit over glove enchant:
- 4% overall DPS loss from stats
- loss of attack block
- 47% rarity loss from critical killing blows
- 8% additional fireball DPS loss from +1 gem craft on gloves

However, maybe Harvest opens up the opportunity to craft a thick elder fire unset ring (for chaos golem).
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 13, 2021, 10:17:37 PM
Regarding the vendor recipe on Wands - Are you sure that Weapon with added x to x Fire Damage to Spells will be better than Lightning damage?
"
losker wrote:
Regarding the vendor recipe on Wands - Are you sure that Weapon with added x to x Fire Damage to Spells will be better than Lightning damage?

Do you mean because of shock? I honestly didn't think about it, but probably lightning is better because it can shock, yeah.
Not even because of shock, rather because of more damage (Tyty recommends use Lightning instead any others as it's buff dmg better).
I thought you do fire due to fire nodes on the tree, but there are only a few nodes, it seems that they won't make fire better than light.
"
losker wrote:
Not even because of shock, rather because of more damage (Tyty recommends use Lightning instead any others as it's buff dmg better).
I thought you do fire due to fire nodes on the tree, but there are only a few nodes, it seems that they won't make fire better than light.

Lightning damage just has a larger variance of damage, the average from fire and lightning damage crafts is the same. So if fire has 22 to 39 and lightning has 5 to 56, both do the same average damage of 61/2=30.5
Have you considered using Corrupted Soul and picking up MoM? Its 2 additional passives, but you lose a jewel. But you gain 15% effective life basically since you're be generating so much ES anyways. Also, Enduring Cry should work with pious path, so its a 1 tap full ES again if necessary.
Last edited by Plyte on Jan 14, 2021, 5:50:14 PM
"
Plyte wrote:
Have you considered using Corrupted Soul and picking up MoM? Its 2 additional passives, but you lose a jewel. But you gain 15% effective life basically since you're be generating so much ES anyways. Also, Enduring Cry should work with pious path, so its a 1 tap full ES again if necessary.

I have, and I will test it out in a couple of days and update the guide if it proves to be good. Enduring cry sounds nice as well, although I think it is not really worth the socket slot. I would rather get a chaos golem in an unset ring maybe to stack more physical reduction, which will be pretty nice with a basalt flask, since we don't need a diamond flask anymore. Enduring cry might be nice for the maven boss encounters though. Thank you for the suggestions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info