[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

hi. i know im late can you please post a new version of the tree
"
Xavilian wrote:
hi. i know im late can you please post a new version of the tree

Are you using an updated version of PoB community fork? Works fine for me.
hey just new in this game and i want to follow the build but i cant open the PoB link does anyone using this build can i see your skill tree?
Literally I have 5k life. max block, capped obviously, jade and basalt flask, vaal grace, mod with recover hp when i block and feel so weak because i cant tank anything.
"
Adrydn wrote:
Literally I have 5k life. max block, capped obviously, jade and basalt flask, vaal grace, mod with recover hp when i block and feel so weak because i cant tank anything.

Sorry to hear that. According to your profile you have 4.7k life, everything else seems good. Are you taking the Brine King Pantheon for stun avoidance (it's huge)? For red maps, you definitely want to have more life, which comes with levels and better gear. Moderately rolled yellow maps should be an absolute breeze with this character.
Probably going to try this build as a starter in Ritual league if Fireball and Blazing Salvo won't be changed too much. Leveling should be pretty smooth with Fireball and Flame wall.

Inquisitor have fewer sources of cast speed now so might have to focus on that little bit more. I am also planning to use Malachai's awakening helmet with essence worm to use Anger and Herald of Ash, will see how it goes.
"
PoX_89 wrote:
Probably going to try this build as a starter in Ritual league if Fireball and Blazing Salvo won't be changed too much. Leveling should be pretty smooth with Fireball and Flame wall.

Inquisitor have fewer sources of cast speed now so might have to focus on that little bit more. I am also planning to use Malachai's awakening helmet with essence worm to use Anger and Herald of Ash, will see how it goes.

I don't think that setup will work at all, unless you have an immense amount of Energy Shield. The Helmet gives Blood Magic, so you reserve Life instead of Mana. You would have an insanely low HP pool.

I will update the guide as soon as Patch Notes come out, but we should be fine by just using Enlighten in our helmet and Vitality in an unsocketed ring or somewhere else.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 12, 2021, 4:27:02 AM
What do you think about the ascendancy changes? Inquisitor still looks super strong. You basically lose 20% cast speed, 45% crit multi but gain 5% inc damage taken to enemies (pretty big) and instead of the multi you should have around 300% inc crit chance.
"
What do you think about the ascendancy changes? Inquisitor still looks super strong. You basically lose 20% cast speed, 45% crit multi but gain 5% inc damage taken to enemies (pretty big) and instead of the multi you should have around 300% inc crit chance.

Yeah, I already PoBed it. It is a 5% DPS loss overall, because we lose a lot of crit multi and cast speed. Unfortunately we need Vitality now for the ES regen to work, so we probably use an unset ring for vitality (level 14) and move the vaal righteous fire somewhere else (weapon for DPS loss, boots instead of vaal grace for defense loss) to fit enlighten in.

It is definitely a nerf, but the build should be perfectly fine, many other builds got hit way harder.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 12, 2021, 12:03:35 PM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"

Yeah, I already PoBed it. It is a 5% DPS loss overall, because we lose a lot of crit multi and cast speed. Unfortunately we need Vitality now for the ES regen to work, so we probably use an unset ring for vitality (level 14) and move the vaal righteous fire somewhere else (weapon for DPS loss, boots instead of vaal grace for defense loss) to fit enlighten in.

It is definitely a nerf, but the build should be perfectly fine, many other builds got hit way harder.

Have you tried the new Instruments of Zeal instead of Inevitable Judgement?? I'm not 100% how battlemage works, but the fanatic charges can be generated with shield charge, can use the Solstice Vigil and have almost 100% up time with them for 75% inc cast speed and AOE. I wonder if Salvo would be good clear with that ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info