[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

Been considering the guide, wanted to play RF SR inq this league but I was iffy about the numbers and viability as a league starter, but i still wanted to do some fire inquisition, so here i am.

i was gonna suggest MoM and CS, if u test, I'm interested in the results.

I've been tinkering in the PoB, and I wanted to ask: Have you considered infernal cry? it could give both great clear thru explody while also covering in ash bosses, which I didn't find u had in the build ("covered in ash" source i mean)
with just one boss, infernal cry gives 20 power which is equal to 12% increased fire damage they take AND slowing them.
if not that, any other sources of "covered in ash"? most give a whopping 20% increased damage taken, but the wiki is short on sources.
All in all, however, infernal cry sounds super versatile to pass (increase damage, slow and explode also removes on death effects!)

lastly, tho it should (will) be insanely expensive, have you considered replica Farrell? it covers both frenzy and endurance charges in a single item while giving a nice aspect. But obviously getting one in the league will be pretty unrealistic.
Last edited by antauri007 on Jan 15, 2021, 2:14:40 AM
why don't we use in the amulet +1 to Level of all Intelligence Skill Gems and +1 to Level of all Fire Skill Gems to increase the damage after all, this will give us an increase of 36% on the pob if that's what I meant leave the multiplier and give up the rest and why don't we use the rumi bottle because it will save us skill points in the tree especially since the critical chance flask is no longer needed and even better to use it replica rumi flask
Last edited by FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU on Jan 15, 2021, 2:34:35 AM
"
antauri007 wrote:
I've been tinkering in the PoB, and I wanted to ask: Have you considered infernal cry? it could give both great clear thru explody while also covering in ash bosses, which I didn't find u had in the build ("covered in ash" source i mean)
with just one boss, infernal cry gives 20 power which is equal to 12% increased fire damage they take AND slowing them.
if not that, any other sources of "covered in ash"? most give a whopping 20% increased damage taken, but the wiki is short on sources.
All in all, however, infernal cry sounds super versatile to pass (increase damage, slow and explode also removes on death effects!)

lastly, tho it should (will) be insanely expensive, have you considered replica Farrell? it covers both frenzy and endurance charges in a single item while giving a nice aspect. But obviously getting one in the league will be pretty unrealistic.

Covered in Ash would indeed be an insane damage boost. The problem is getting it, as you already pointed out. Infernal cry only has a small range and has a cooldown. So for clear speed (explody and corpse removal) it does not work. For bossing I feel it doesn't synergize really well with out ramp up time due to Intensify/Pinpoint. Also it would eat up a socket gem, which the build is already very short of. Another way of getting covered in Ash would be Xoph's Heart (cover in ash on getting hit), but the amulet is already a quite good source of damage and leech for the build. So unfortunately, I don't see a reliable way of covering enemies in ash.

(Replica) Farrul's Fur is very good but is has an Armour/Evasion base, which makes it really difficult/impossible to roll 6 blue, even with Betrayal white sockets. Harvest should help with this of course, if the craft still exists and is accessible. If that's the case, I will probably change the guide recommendation to Farrul's Fur.

"
why don't we use in the amulet +1 to Level of all Intelligence Skill Gems and +1 to Level of all Fire Skill Gems to increase the damage after all, this will give us an increase of 36% on the pob if that's what I meant leave the multiplier and give up the rest and why don't we use the rumi bottle because it will save us skill points in the tree especially since the critical chance flask is no longer needed and even better to use it replica rumi flask

Your amulet suggestions is valid, I honestly didn't think about the mods. That being said we would need life leech from the rare ring, and we also need quite some good dex rolls on these slots to make the build work. So I think this would be pretty expensive and hard to even find/craft, but certainly possible to pull off, especially with harvest coming back. I will include a +gem amulet in the guide if it proves to be realistically affordable. Thank you!

Replica Rumi's doesn't have enough duration to be viable. Regular Rumi's is a possibility, but I don't personally like to rely on critical defensive layers with a flask, especially with the boss encounters coming with the new expansion. But that is obvioulsy personal preference. That being said, a Basalt Flask gives us a big defensive boost as well, which is arguably worth the four skill points we would save with Rumi's, especially for big physical hits, which is the most dangerous source of damage for this build.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jan 15, 2021, 4:36:19 AM
Looks like a lot of fun, gonna give this a shot for league start, thanks!
Hello, I can't wait to try this. Will this comfortably get through the whole atlas as a league starter? Curious from those of you who have tried it already
And more about node corrupted soul from glorius vanity jewel how good will he be in this build?
I will go this build to start new season

Thx for share it mate
"
And more about node corrupted soul from glorius vanity jewel how good will he be in this build?

Should be strong since we have so much regen now. I will report as soon as it's possible to test :)
I can't understand how you crafted Rare Jewels for the health, multiplier and the cast speed, can you tell me?
Hey,
Your build looks so fun to play, I'll definitely give it a try in few hours !
I have one question : which gems/link would you consider instead of fireball considering the aoe buff of Blazing Salvo ?
Would you put a second blazing salvo setup in the gloves ?

Thanks and wish you a good league start !
Cheers Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info