[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

Im interested in your thoughts regarding this amulet and gem setup.

Getting free temp chains aura is super nice, and lets me 'zoom zoom' in maps just spamming hexblast.
"
Nikerym wrote:
Im interested in your thoughts regarding this amulet and gem setup.

Getting free temp chains aura is super nice, and lets me 'zoom zoom' in maps just spamming hexblast.

Witchfire brew does the same thing with Despair as an aura while the flask is up and it should be 100% uptime if zooming. Not worth the loss of fire multi and/or +skill and res imo, but not terrible. You will put up temp chains on bosses near you so you lose one of your other damaging auras.

That wand is a fine starter too. You'd have to weight out other similar weapons in PoB as only fire and fire multi will affect your Hex Blast.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 28, 2020, 2:59:04 AM
I am hearing rumours on reddit that doom is bugged and max doom is capped at 30 no matter what.
Thoughts?

I hope this is true because my PoB Shaper dps of 2.3m does not feel like it
"
DixuMixu wrote:
PoB was updated and I'm very surprised at my dps. It certainly does not feel like 2.3m Shaper dps... Curse-on-hit rings still don't work so you gotta add the curse skill gem manually, level 8 or lvl 12 curse depending which tier mod you got.

https://pastebin.com/SWbraJjL

If I am reading your Pob right your dps is ~700k. Total damage per ignite is a full 4s Ignite (modified to ~3,2 s)

Also consider swapping anoints to Burning Brutality, gives some extra dps.
EDIT: this is wierd, swapping to burning brutality gives more ignite dps but less total damage per ignite.. i dont get how this is calculated.
Last edited by Nikerym on Sep 28, 2020, 3:40:25 AM
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
I'm super comfortable with my damage now tbh.
Pretty much insta phase all the elder guardians, and global tier 83 metamorphs.

I think best rotation (if you dont have doomsday - which I think feels much smoother and gives +curse effect and AOE thats basically the whole screen) is Flamm -> blackhole/totem -> vulnerability -> hexblast -> flamm

If anyone has a better rotation pls discuss!

Doomsday only takes 1 point to get max doom in 1 second, so it's better for bosses. The only curse you should manually cast is Flammability, because it's the only that gets +max doom. Other curses are easily triggered with Vixen's.

For mapping Witchfire brew is enough to give us aoe for Hexblast. Easy 1 button mapping if you don't count flasks :)
Does the mod "Adds X fire damage against ignited enemies" add that damage to spell hits or just melee attacks/skills? I'm trying to get my Ignite chance up to 100% because I seem to wiff a rather bizarre amount at 99%, but rings with chance to ignite seem to always come with that added fire damage mod and I'm worried it'll brick EE.
"
Does the mod "Adds X fire damage against ignited enemies" add that damage to spell hits or just melee attacks/skills? I'm trying to get my Ignite chance up to 100% because I seem to wiff a rather bizarre amount at 99%, but rings with chance to ignite seem to always come with that added fire damage mod and I'm worried it'll brick EE.

you don't want that mod since it will make EE useless. afaik when you hit ignited enemies it will act like add fire dmg to both spell and attack.

another testing of cluster jewel mod "cremation". it only effect the mobs that hit directly by hexblast so pretty much there is many corpse left in there.
"

Don't take, will mess up your EE.

Any form of cold/lightning to spells is safe. Betrayal ring craft, weapon, abyss jewels, etc.

"
Nikerym wrote:
EDIT: this is wierd, swapping to burning brutality gives more ignite dps but less total damage per ignite.. i dont get how this is calculated.

Something is off with your PoB is my only guess. I lose both DPS and total ignite damage when unannointing.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 28, 2020, 4:23:36 AM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Nikerym wrote:

Something is off with your PoB is my only guess. I lose both DPS and total ignite damage when unannointing.

I mean swapping from arsonist to burning brutality gives more ignite dps but less total ignite damage, which is wierd.
"
Nikerym wrote:
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Nikerym wrote:

I mean swapping from arsonist to burning brutality gives more ignite dps but less total ignite damage, which is wierd.

Arsonist and Burning Brutality are virtually the same in terms of dps, with BB being slightly better dps, at least for my gear. I went with Arsonist for that extra regen, which is nice as a CI build. Can't panic click life flask xD
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 28, 2020, 5:34:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info