[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

I have converted to CI and started looking at gear I'm still missing, one being Apep's Supremacy. This shield gets buffs from self-poisoning. And Cospri's Will body gives 60% chance to poison. So what do you think, is it worth slotting this gem if using this shield and body https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Golden_Rule?
"
DixuMixu wrote:
I have converted to CI and started looking at gear I'm still missing, one being Apep's Supremacy. This shield gets buffs from self-poisoning. And Cospri's Will body gives 60% chance to poison. So what do you think, is it worth slotting this gem if using this shield and body https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Golden_Rule?

I am working on getting a good chest and the shield before I move over to CI myself but would love to see what you think of it so far. I am really hoping it adds a little more defensively to the build.

As for the golden rule, I like the play with poisons to give you the benefit from the shield of 3% max ele res.. but I suck with max res def calculations so if anyone else knows better how defensive this is for us would love to also find out.

** I also see everyone is running the same gems as I am right now for the 6-link but many pages ago someone did the math and said to drop swift affliction and replace it with added chaos... Is that everyones plan long term and they just haven't swapped yet or did I miss something?
I'm finally hitting higher-tier red maps, and the clear feels great but my bossing against elderslayers is definitely slowing a bit. I still need transcendent mind and maybe some other stuff, but does anyone have recs for how I can improve things? I've gone for a CI setup with a triple curse using self-cast flamm, vixen's ele weakness and despair from witchfire, but maybe it's worth swapping in a despair into the gloves for bossing since witchfire won't reliably be up?
Takes way too long to kill the level 4 guardians sadly...
cant figure out what to do
"
JeffYetman wrote:
"
DixuMixu wrote:
** I also see everyone is running the same gems as I am right now for the 6-link but many pages ago someone did the math and said to drop swift affliction and replace it with added chaos... Is that everyones plan long term and they just haven't swapped yet or did I miss something?

Swift affliction is best dps, but it is a much shorter ignite. If you don't like applying the burns as often, that's why you'd opt for added chaos :)
"
SlamBradley wrote:
"
evilrulz37 wrote:
Whats your rotation like without doomsday?
Kinda confused about how the whole doom gain rate thing works. How much doom do targets gain per second? Its separate doom levels for each curses right?

My rotation for clearing is simply clicking hexblast without really aiming and clearing the screen as I run. On bosses I throw down totems ay max range then I apply flammability, wait 1.5 seconds and hexblast, then flammability again immediately. On map clear if there is stubborn enemies I just apply flammability after the initial hexblast. It gains 25 doom a second with the extra gain curse nodes, and it is over the second not a flat 25 in 1 second intervals. Despair isn't making any doom at all because it is an aura, but it still makes a large aoe when hexblast hits it. The shield I'm using also increases ignite proliferation's AOE by 50% as well as the despair aura so it works really well

Thanks for explaining! I'm glad that the discussion on this build is so robust! Gonna stick with hexblast for quite a while more!
"
SuckMyAsthma wrote:
I'm finally hitting higher-tier red maps, and the clear feels great but my bossing against elderslayers is definitely slowing a bit. I still need transcendent mind and maybe some other stuff, but does anyone have recs for how I can improve things? I've gone for a CI setup with a triple curse using self-cast flamm, vixen's ele weakness and despair from witchfire, but maybe it's worth swapping in a despair into the gloves for bossing since witchfire won't reliably be up?

Single target damage is indeed mediocre. I think 4-curse setup will be optimal, Punishmet being the 3rd of 4th curse. Cluster jewels are a huge damage boost as well. Idk what else would help
"
Phantasterei wrote:
"
JeffYetman wrote:
"
DixuMixu wrote:

Swift affliction is best dps, but it is a much shorter ignite. If you don't like applying the burns as often, that's why you'd opt for added chaos :)

How significant is the difference between these two gems? Got any numbers? PoB still not updated for Hexes
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 25, 2020, 4:33:10 AM
@DixuMixu
PoB works, you just need to use the set-up to make the modifiers work until they fix it.

Just got a double faster ignite damage cluster. 2m damage regular, 850k Shaper DPS. Still need to work on larger cluster + 2nd medium. Getting 21 Hexblast and the awakened gems will add nice chunks too. Possibly capping around 1.5m Shaper DPS without insane gear?

My WIP PoB:
https://pastebin.com/JF3TqmbT

Note I just learned: Added Chaos is only better for me as Awakened level 5 vs non-awakened Swift Affliction. Even level 4 is the same PoB damage as level 19 Swift Affliction.

*Edit - Appears that Vulnerability is not changing DPS in PoB. Not sure if bugged or actual yet. If bugged in PoB, manually adding 22% faster ailment damage brings it up to 2.3m/1m with 4th curse.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 25, 2020, 7:22:39 AM
I'm also running hexblast ignite trickster and I like it so far - only if I got "cast socketed spell when use skill" mod to comfortably cast storm brand to proc EE and fire wall for ignite debuff (it doesn't mess with EE in my experience).
I'm running at the moment life/ES max blocker and trying to craft something to switch to CI in the end.

I found also that using anomalous flammability (alternative qual) gives max 1 doom per 4% quality, so with 20% quality 5 max doom (and with lvl 4 enhance) total 44% quality (max 10 doom) so with that and Skittering Runes notable it's total 50 doom for flammability. Significant damage booster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info