[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
DixuMixu wrote:
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
DixuMixu wrote:
What do you think is better, Eye of Malice, or 40% increased Hexblast damage enchant? Obviously having both would be nice

Damage alone, Scorn/Eye should be better. 5% vs Shaper, 10% vs regular on my PoB. Just a question on the defensive stats.

Played around briefly with some influences (correct me I'm wrong) and Scorn/Eye are still up there in terms of damage, so switching to enchanted rare helm is the play when you can start sacrificing damage for defenses.

Thanks, Eye of Malice is actually a good Trickster helm too with high ES/Evasion. I'll have to start using it now!

Ok one thing I noticed after doing a dozen red maps with Eye of Malice is that rare hexproof enemies will actually get a resistance increase from the helmet. So idk if I can recommend it :/

Heretic's Veil and Doedre's Scorn still good
"
evilrulz37 wrote:
Whats your rotation like without doomsday?
Kinda confused about how the whole doom gain rate thing works. How much doom do targets gain per second? Its separate doom levels for each curses right?

My rotation for clearing is simply clicking hexblast without really aiming and clearing the screen as I run. On bosses I throw down totems ay max range then I apply flammability, wait 1.5 seconds and hexblast, then flammability again immediately. On map clear if there is stubborn enemies I just apply flammability after the initial hexblast. It gains 25 doom a second with the extra gain curse nodes, and it is over the second not a flat 25 in 1 second intervals. Despair isn't making any doom at all because it is an aura, but it still makes a large aoe when hexblast hits it. The shield I'm using also increases ignite proliferation's AOE by 50% as well as the despair aura so it works really well

Also wanted to say that normally curses are really bad on bosses, and it is still true but even against bosses with 66% reduced curse effectiveness you can take 20% off their fire resistance with flammability by taking the curse bonus effectiveness small nodes on the top half of the tree so you have 35% increased and having +2 on the gem level, which I got from a boot corruption implicit. Without the extra curse effectiveness you only lower their fire res by 14%. That isn't factoring in the doom increase effectiveness either, and I don't know how doom effectiveness stacks with other increase sources but with max doom you potentially could lower fire res by 31% against the most curse resistant enemies.
Last edited by SlamBradley on Sep 24, 2020, 2:41:53 PM
"
DixuMixu wrote:
Ok one thing I noticed after doing a dozen red maps with Eye of Malice is that rare hexproof enemies will actually get a resistance increase from the helmet. So idk if I can recommend it :/

Heretic's Veil and Doedre's Scorn still good

Yea, that could be an issue until you get Cospri's on but you can try not to be near them until then so they don't gain the res. Just made a few exalts last night so hopefully I'll hit the colors with only a little pain.
Could someone take a look at my character and tell me if there's anything shockingly bad or out of place?
"
Nithaya wrote:
Could someone take a look at my character and tell me if there's anything shockingly bad or out of place?

Only having a 4 link on hexblast is gonna hold you back pretty hard. It's hard enough to scale the damage you really need a 5 link at least, but 6 at your level should be doable
"
SlamBradley wrote:
"
Nithaya wrote:

Only having a 4 link on hexblast is gonna hold you back pretty hard. It's hard enough to scale the damage you really need a 5 link at least, but 6 at your level should be doable

Alrighty, thanks. I don't really have a lot of currency yet and very little fusings/only about 100 jewellers so buying a 6L is a no-go and turning my current chest into a 6L would require some god tier luck.
"

Those are some crazy multipliers

Yep, when you have 40 max doom, that is the numbers when you max the Doom. Which should be reached in 2 seconds.
hey, does anyone know if "Cooked Alive" (cluster jewel notable) works with this build? It gives the following:

*15% chance to Ignite
*Enemies Ignited by you have -10% to Fire Resistance
"
Nithaya wrote:

Alrighty, thanks. I don't really have a lot of currency yet and very little fusings/only about 100 jewellers so buying a 6L is a no-go and turning my current chest into a 6L would require some god tier luck.

I see some 6 links up for trade right now with 3 blue, 2 g, 1 r going for 10c
"
DemonicZA wrote:
hey, does anyone know if "Cooked Alive" (cluster jewel notable) works with this build? It gives the following:

*15% chance to Ignite
*Enemies Ignited by you have -10% to Fire Resistance

Should work, but Blowback and Wasting Affliction are still better, because you don't get much of ignite speed anywhere else

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info