Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

Well played GGG. Quite good changes except Enduring Cry nerf, because it was easy and cheap method of increasing defense for poor / newbs. I think defense skills should not be nerfed because it adds variety of builds and helps people on HC. Anyway, can't wait to start this league :)
"
ActuallyAMan wrote:
right now you punish anyone using Enduring Cry at all, not just people actually using the combo.

I'm curious to see how this will interact with the cluster jewel notable Cry Wolf. I generally don't use warcries at all in my builds without it. If this change makes it so that Enduring Cry still generates power, but won't generate endurance charges from that power if there aren't any enemies in range, this is a horrible change.

I'm a bit concerned about them nerfing all the defensive mechanics, on top of the biggest nerf in POE history: the removal of Harvest crafting.

All players were at an inflated power level last league, so using that as the point for balancing seems pretty dangerous.

And these nerfs are on top of the removal of % physical damage reduction off the tree that occurred at the start of Harvest.

Are people not dying enough for your tastes GGG?

I'm actually kind of salty about enduring cry being nerfed so you can't keep charges up permanently. Then again all the caster tears in this thread cheered me up. RIP perma endurance charges we hardly knew ye (1 league, man I already miss Harvest).

Maybe change enduring cry so if you have more charges than you can get normally on the tree without ascending (so 7 charges or more) then you can generate charges without any enemies nearby. It would reward people who invest in endurance charges and not the people who get insta warcries and use the left click cheese to constantly cast it.
Last edited by Kirnh on Sep 15, 2020, 3:31:22 AM
Why would u nerf Redemption Sentry HP? That's uncalled for.
"we're only lowering values on Precise Commander, Vicious Bite and Vengeful Commander "
It's time to try out other MMORPGs instead of PoE.

Ball Lightning is getting the classic GGG double nerf.

Area (= number of hits) + Damage (= damage per hit) are both getting nerfed.

Historically, these multi-nerfs have left skills dumpstered ...

As the meme goes: "GGG. The G stands for Nerf"
Now glasscannons race league.
Run rabbits run!

xD

Shaper: DIE!
GGG No! Don't nerf enduring cry cooldown, nerf the regen, you are screwing all the people who wanted to play self cast discharge.
"
Gumlass wrote:

I'm a bit concerned about them nerfing all the defensive mechanics, on top of the biggest nerf in POE history: the removal of Harvest crafting.

All players were at an inflated power level last league, so using that as the point for balancing seems pretty dangerous.

And these nerfs are on top of the removal of % physical damage reduction off the tree that occurred at the start of Harvest.

Are people not dying enough for your tastes GGG?

I think this is my main concern. Whilst some nerfs are inevitable, I dont remember seeing a balance manifesto being so heavily laden with nerfs, and so few buffs. We will have to wait and see the patch notes.

My biggest concern though, is that they have balanced using Harvest to decide what was too strong. Harvest is not going core, so we will all be running around with far weaker gear than last league.

Cluster jewels will again be a nightmare to roll, the vicous bite nerf feels unneccessary given its ridiculously low weighting. The elder bone helms with 30% more ele damage, crit chance to spells, etc will now be over a mirror instead of 75Ex due to no harvest. The list goes on and on. Do not balance using harvest as the baseline. And do not balance your game around people that play 10-12 hours a day, that is not the bulk of your playerbase.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Sep 15, 2020, 3:42:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info