[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
HecklerCope wrote:
... and about to hit 2500 depth in delve.

Thats so sick! I guess the free dmg from echoes does help in pushing further :)

Have you tried the anomalous archmage + trinity support combo? I was using that + Blast Freeze, the freeze prolif + guaranteed shatter felt really good.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
johnny_ko wrote:
What about Headhunter or Breathstealer for delve only?
Or any advices for delve? Stuck on 900 deprh

What are you usually dying to? Your gear at first glance seems way more than adequate for 1k depth.

Usually dying from sudden oneshots.
What is better for jewels: flat mana+hp or %?
Last edited by johnny_ko on Feb 24, 2021, 2:30:20 AM
"
johnny_ko wrote:

Get rings with actual stats, essense worm is not worth for high budget
Use anomalous archmage with divergent spell echo for screen wide freeze
Use basalt/jade/tate of hate/atziris promise instead of faith
Roll spell leech on flask
Get ascendancy which makes you immune to aliments
Get elusive on boots or use omeyocan
Get vaal grace

Also it all depends on mods, combinations of triple elemental with increased speed, frenzy, onslaught, damage, ele pen can make 900 into 2k
"
Jadame wrote:
"
johnny_ko wrote:

Get rings with actual stats, essense worm is not worth for high budget
Use anomalous archmage with divergent spell echo for screen wide freeze
Use basalt/jade/tate of hate/atziris promise instead of faith
Roll spell leech on flask
Get ascendancy which makes you immune to aliments
Get elusive on boots or use omeyocan
Get vaal grace

Also it all depends on mods, combinations of triple elemental with increased speed, frenzy, onslaught, damage, ele pen can make 900 into 2k

Wow, big thanks for such list of changes, if you don't mind, ask some more: Wrath give much dps or not so many?

And what should be replaced by divergent spell echo?

I like all advises, have about 200-300ex to invest in delve
Last edited by johnny_ko on Feb 24, 2021, 8:26:10 AM
It gives alot since resist has "reduced" and "penetrates" wording. Reduced reduces target resistances to 0. "penetrates" reduces resistances further beyond that, multiplying damage (and adds "vulnerable to x type of damage" to mobs affix list). But then you losing crit mult from the ring, lots of res and health. And you losing marylene (well you actually can run that with replica shroud + not a hh belt but it also another option) which is another big thing which adds lots of damage and culling.

If you want to know, answer is always pob. Swap a few things around and see hot it plays out.

On the other hand if you running anomalous archmage half of your damage is frost, so who cares about wrath at this point.

In my eyes ideal watchers for delving is clarity mana as es+mom+critmult, since more survivability but also on a certain threshold all survivability becomes useless and you might want some wierd combos like extra dodge grace (if it applies to vaal grace which I do not know for sure).

All and all I think you can survive till at least 2k pretty well without unlucky rolls on extremely bad sections of delve. You can even start doing whirling jar weapon swap vigil for fort and whatsnot which is another considerable survivability boost.

At the end it all comes down to biomes and monsters in them, since many monsters can be just perma frozen with anomalous archmage and 100% crit from plume and easily glasscanoned before they are able to do anything at all. But then you run into no mod abyss depth and some random white trasher out of nowhere oneshots you cos thats a mob with a smoke mine shroud walk which cant be countered. Or you get beyond which spawns on you and drops caustic ground after death, which instantly kills you. Theres number of very "fun" interactions.

I replace lightning pen with echo usually. For extra tryharding you can replace unleash (while keeping lightning pen), do 1 blade plume snapshot, replace it back with unleash socketed, equip indigon, start normal rotation. This way you will effectively have 8 link (at least in terms of modifiers, but not mana cost).

Also you always want to look for your Immortal Call and avoid putting yourself in dager when it is downs since in extreme depths ic is one of the biggest parts of your survivability.
Last edited by Jadame on Feb 24, 2021, 8:55:13 AM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
HecklerCope wrote:
... and about to hit 2500 depth in delve.

Thats so sick! I guess the free dmg from echoes does help in pushing further :)

Have you tried the anomalous archmage + trinity support combo? I was using that + Blast Freeze, the freeze prolif + guaranteed shatter felt really good.

I haven't tried that yet, I'll look into it. Sounds interesting.
So I'm running into a weird problem, I just hit 94 and I'm losing damage somehow when I cast the second BV, I always wait for it to drop back to 1500 cost and I am using the overlay to make sure I time it out right but my damage is super low when I keep up the blades to 10. I have been letting the blades fall completely when I start a boss and the initial 5 is actually doing more damage? Everything was working better at a lower mana cost. I don't think my brain is big enough for this build :( I even took my vortex off my left click and lowered it to level 1 so it wouldn't interfere as much with indigon.

My gear obviously needs a lot of work and the clusters are just temporary till I get more currency to upgrade.

https://pastebin.com/RD5eEA5y
Are you also casting Phase Run frequently? Your description strongly suggests that you're somehow spending atleast 200 mana on side skills in between BV casts. Maybe try putting Blood magic on phase run as well? Your Vortex has Inc AoE on it which is an expensive support, so yeah Vortex lv 1 is probably best.

When your gear isnt good and your mana total is quite low, it actually helps to spend 200 mana on side skills since it bumps up BV base cost up a couple breakpoints. Maybe you've been doing that all along, but now that your manacost is higher that no longer works.
Yeah sadly that cannot be it, I don't ever touch phase run to be honest, I have wondered if there is something better I can toss in there but I just run with what you say to. Maybe I need to change up my BV timing a little, it seems to work better now when I cast a little bit earlier than I was, maybe I'm going crazy? Big props on this build by the way, I wish there was a way I could just keep BV up permanently but other than that I am enjoying this a lot.
Sorry but i need a really help with the build. Actually have a low dps . I need some advices to my build. Ofc i try to go with agnostic version, if u say to drop that keystone and get a timeless jewel i do it . My profile is public

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info