[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

im getting ready to buy the MoM mod WE and i was wondering if the wrath phys % as lightning mod is a good thing for us? the WE with both costs the same as with just MoM.
you need to set up your config tab, especially including the mana recently spent part, should really help your numbers.
"
Grom99 wrote:
"
Missngo wrote:
"
Grom99 wrote:
I pumped the character to level 90, the branch is identical to the branch at level 90, the gear is similar to the one in the POB. But my damage is only 1 million, I don’t understand what the mistake is!

How much mana does it cost to cast your blade vortex the first time? And can you provide a PoB pastebin for your build?

https://pastebin.com/9hXYEv5b
First use consumes 1491 mana. Of course, I understand that the gear is not even close to ideal, but I think the damage should be more.

So I can see a few things that your build has wrong.
1. You are anointing Thuinderous Salvos and also taking that node on the tree. Spec out of those nodes and make sure you can get to Counterweight.
2. You need a jewel (mine is my Abyss Jewel) that specifies Adds # to # Fire Damage to Spells. Without this your Cinderswallow is useless because the enemies are not getting ignited.
3. Some of you items just have low flat mana. Since this build scales mana so hard, these flat added values are super important and will push you over the 1600 threshold.
4. Switch Wrath for Anamolous Zealotry.
5. I found a lot more success when putting Vortex linked with Blood Magic, to make sure my mana costs are not over my reserved mana. My Vortex is linked with Vortex-Blood Magic-Conductivity-Awakened Hextouch (needs to be lv5)-Elemental Weakness-Anomalous Culling Strike.

Also definitely do some testing by hovering your mouse over your blade vortex tooltip. If the mana cost is not around 1400-1800 every time you are casting it, you are losing a lot of damage. Your timing needs to be precise with this. PM me if you wanna chat some more about the build.

Last edited by Missngo on Feb 17, 2021, 8:21:12 AM
1.Changed
2.I also changed the stone to the one you indicated
3.Changed a little and now reached 1600
4.And yes again changed to fanaticism
5.I haven't touched the bundle yet
As a result, my damage increased by 200 thousand, apparently it's not destiny to play this build. I would love to talk, but I'm afraid the language barrier will interfere with us, because I'm from Russia, and I can't speak English, I'm sorry!Thanks for the help with the build, for the cost of items with the necessary stats, I consider it too expensive and for me it is not lifted.
"
Grom99 wrote:
1.Changed
As a result, my damage increased by 200 thousand, apparently it's not destiny to play this build. I would love to talk, but I'm afraid the language barrier will interfere with us, because I'm from Russia, and I can't speak English, I'm sorry!Thanks for the help with the build, for the cost of items with the necessary stats, I consider it too expensive and for me it is not lifted.

Did you set your 'Mana spent recently' in PoB config to 1600 ? Thats the most important factor to see your correct dps in PoB.
"
Rashnu311 wrote:
im getting ready to buy the MoM mod WE and i was wondering if the wrath phys % as lightning mod is a good thing for us? the WE with both costs the same as with just MoM.

Nice to have, but literally 1 2 % dps. Budget option is leech as ES if you don’t have ES leech. Next DPS option is 15% penetrate for 10% more dps, or 60% lightning dmg for 7 8% more dps.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Grom99 wrote:
1.Changed

Did you set your 'Mana spent recently' in PoB config to 1600 ? Thats the most important factor to see your correct dps in PoB.

Oops, I'm sorry. I didn't know about that. Now I see 13.4 million. Sorry again, I just don't know how to use POB.
I see many kind people and op helping out beginners so I will try my luck one more time :)

Can someone help me improve my current build, I am not sure what upgrade to go next, the 1600 BV cost threshold seems sooo far (at 1497 rn)

Thanks in advance!
"
Bodombeach wrote:
I see many kind people and op helping out beginners so I will try my luck one more time :)

Can someone help me improve my current build, I am not sure what upgrade to go next, the 1600 BV cost threshold seems sooo far (at 1497 rn)

Thanks in advance!

The answer is always, get more total mana :)

Your ring and gloves have mediocre amounts of mana. Your ring is not catalysted. Your cloak can be harvest enchanted for extra mana per quality. You're missing at least 1 jewel socket in the cluster jewel setup afaict. And you still have 4 lvls to go, each gives flat mana and 1 passive pt for more mana. Also get a 23 quality archamge support if possible.

EDIT: Doesnt affect base manacost, but you really need to divine your Indigon better. 53% is a terrible roll, you're leaving so much free dmg on the table.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Feb 17, 2021, 10:53:26 AM
Thanks Rudy, and again, I'm having a lot of fun with this build and your guide is super well explained, so big props to you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info