[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

@Kalisstro

Your Vortex is costing over 200 mana every 4 seconds, so i think it makes BV cost 1600*1.6 after a cycle, which in turn puts you on 2400-2600 range, making the mana cost 11k. You should always keep the vortex mana cost over 4 seconds under 200 to keep this in check. Vortex is mostly used for cull and curses, so using a lower level vortex shouldn't affect too much your dps and would solve the issue.

I'm not completely sure about the interaction, so to test this, you should try casting BV, running around with vortex on left click, then report the mana cost of the next BV cast.
"
Kalisstro wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the excellent build and guide.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Break points are for pre-Indigon mana cost. 1800 pre automatically makes the post manacost very close to your mana total.

2. Just lower your Vortex lvl until it costs 49 (post indigon) or less. Usually 66 or less is ok but thats the figure with more support gems linked to vortex. However that also means your BV manacost has to be slightly higher otherwise you wont hit 1800 even with vortex's help.

3. Yep that Eye is pretty convenient. 44 mana and a socket is reasonably cheap price to pay for leech. Unless that 44 mana makes you not hit a breakpoint.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Jan 27, 2021, 7:54:05 PM
I am currently doing an Archmage Agnostic BV build with 6 link Pledge and a Replica Kaoms. I have a 6 link Cloak of Defiance I just upgraded from still in my stash.

I feel that with Kamos, even though the damage is higher, I am having alot of problems getting oneshot. That led me to this build that doesn't utilize agnostic, but it stacks more damage to mana and much more life/ES. I am currently at about 5-6 mill shaper DPS with my current setup (with flasks added in), and it feels pretty solid.

Questions are as follows:

1. Is this build tankier than Agnostic you think?
2. How hard is it to worry about these break points?
3. What damage could I be looking at in relatively the same gear switching away from agnostic and rerouting tree for less mana to hit these break points?

I already grew in and out of different variations of this build to try and become slightly tankier. From max dodge to max block with glancing blows, now I just threw away both those and am straight up taking hits direct. I watched your videos and REALLY want to try it as a "last resort" to save this toon before I reroll something else tankier.
1. Yes, the 4-6k ES you get makes a big difference.

2. For the most part, not at all. You just get as much mana as you can.

3. Indigon is the key for this build, and its far more dmg than the non-Indigon version. This version uses a 9-10k manacost BV as opposed to the non-Indigon version which can get 3.5-4k at most. This also has larger aoe since it gets 100% increased aoe from Sanctuary, which other versions have to skip or it cuts their dmg in half.
I am looking to reroll, is it is a fucking jungle out there. Is this build legit? I got like 20ex to start out with - will i be able to do any content on this or will i cry once i hit maps :) ?

Sorry for the stupid question
Crafted the juicy gloves today :)

Loving this build but I have one problem. I get hit and my next BV cost goes up ruining the 4 second rotation? Is it the cast when damage taken immortal call?
"
I am looking to reroll, is it is a fucking jungle out there. Is this build legit? I got like 20ex to start out with - will i be able to do any content on this or will i cry once i hit maps :) ?

Just rolled this build earlier in the week. Jumped straight into T10 maps at level 70 on a 30 ex budget. I killed all shaper guardians and did a flawless Shaper himself at level 84 last night! My initial manacost is also only ~900 so I'm missing a ton of damage. It's an insane build if you can get the timing down.
Last edited by AcesSuited on Jan 28, 2021, 2:19:23 PM
Hey Rudy! Loving the build so far, but one question:

How would you recommend balancing the Wave of Conviction damage so that it applies the correct exposure? Currently the flat fire damage I have on jewels for cremator is making it deal ~300 minimum fire damage versus only around 180 max possible lightning damage, so I'm just not using it at all. Should I look for a jewel that adds as little fire as possible and others with added Lightning, or is there something else I'm missing since this is the first time I've used the skill?
"
AcesSuited wrote:
Hey Rudy! Loving the build so far, but one question:

How would you recommend balancing the Wave of Conviction damage so that it applies the correct exposure? Currently the flat fire damage I have on jewels for cremator is making it deal ~300 minimum fire damage versus only around 180 max possible lightning damage, so I'm just not using it at all. Should I look for a jewel that adds as little fire as possible and others with added Lightning, or is there something else I'm missing since this is the first time I've used the skill?

Is that with a lv 1 Wave of Conviction? Usually, if WoC is high enough lvl (lv18+), the small added fire dmg you may have from jewels becomes much less relevant, and just having Wrath aura on should make the lightning portion higher.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Jan 28, 2021, 2:26:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info