[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

Hi.
I love the build so far, I do have a question thou about supreme ego.

you can only use 1 aura with the node but you have 3 auras in the build. how does that work?? :)

Best regards, Crimsonfenix
"
CrimsonFenix wrote:
Hi.
I love the build so far, I do have a question thou about supreme ego.

you can only use 1 aura with the node but you have 3 auras in the build. how does that work?? :)

Best regards, Crimsonfenix

We dont normally use Supreme Ego at all. Once you socket a Glorious Vanity with Doryani in the nearby jewel socket, the keystone Supreme Ego gets transformed into Corrupted Soul.

However, if youre just starting out and dont have either a Glorious Vanity or a Watchers Eye that benefits from Clarity, then you can just drop Clarity and Precision temporarily and allocate Supreme Ego for a nice dmg boost.
Hi, i've been playing the build for a few days and having a blast with it. A few points that i'd like to ask:

What are your thoughts on using a curse medium cluster jewel instead of the area damage one? They're a good (somewhat budget) substitute to get unnerve with Master of Fear, and you can also get blind on Vortex hit with Evil Eye.

Wouldn't it be better to swap the arcane surge gem for another one, considering we get arcane surge from Arcane Blessing? I'm getting better PoB numbers with Elemental Penetration, but i'm only at the 1600 threshold and EP is 140%, so i don't know if it would be possible to fit the gem on the 1800 threshold.
ive been trying this build and on PoB says my damage is like 20kk+ on sirus, but im having problems killing even a4, spent all my currency getting a six linked pledge and all the suggested damage items, but my dps still seems very low compared to the PoB... Anyone else having this problem? (poe noob here)
"
deskktoop wrote:
Hi, i've been playing the build for a few days and having a blast with it. A few points that i'd like to ask:

What are your thoughts on using a curse medium cluster jewel instead of the area damage one? They're a good (somewhat budget) substitute to get unnerve with Master of Fear, and you can also get blind on Vortex hit with Evil Eye.

Wouldn't it be better to swap the arcane surge gem for another one, considering we get arcane surge from Arcane Blessing? I'm getting better PoB numbers with Elemental Penetration, but i'm only at the 1600 threshold and EP is 140%, so i don't know if it would be possible to fit the gem on the 1800 threshold.

Both your ideas are really solid.

I like the area dmg cluster because its the only medium with a Life notable, and getting high life is what the build struggles with. But if you dont have unnerve on your gloves, Master of Fear + Evil Eye is superb dmg + utility.

Arcane surge is still good value since lv 20 arcane surge is quite a bit better than lv 1 that the ascendancy gives, especially since we now get 120% increased effect of arcane surge. But Ele Pen support's 140% mana cost multiplier might beat out Arcane Surge making it easier to hit next breakpoint. I should really add a guide section for Arcane Surge with the math but Ive just been too lazy.
"
Arcane surge is still good value since lv 20 arcane surge is quite a bit better than lv 1 that the ascendancy gives, especially since we now get 120% increased effect of arcane surge. But Ele Pen support's 140% mana cost multiplier might beat out Arcane Surge making it easier to hit next breakpoint. I should really add a guide section for Arcane Surge with the math but Ive just been too lazy.

Pen/res reduction has diminishing returns, few / none of the big bosses have over 40-50.
50 to 0 = 200% more damage, but below zero it becomes just face value, which is always lower than equivalent supports for obvious reason of how powerfull it's for positive res.

Arcane surge has great qol in extra cast speed and mana regen = survivability, numerically it should be greater value with our buff effects than ele pen, but true, 10% extra on multi might make it lose.

I suspect top contender for pure paper dps to replace arcane surge should be intensify, it should give up to 66% more at basic 3 stacks, increasable to 4 and 88% from intensity notable/annoint, AND has 140% multi on top...
Ofcourse it's intensify, so you have to stand still and have no AOE. Or do you? Well for AOE part you do, but then you probably want more deeps for boss or something where you can live with it...
We already have shenanigans here going on, what's 1 more. Looks like it's only updating on each recast. We recast once every 4 sec, so we can run around / flame dash, and losing intensity stacks should not affect BV / it's snapshotted to 4. For AOE part - it's visually observable.

So if you make sure to cast bv at 4 intensity stacks by proccing intensify first with some other spell (vortex or something lvl1 fast hitting with very low mana cost, optionally combine with apex mode?) you should then be free to run around with your 88% more dmg and 140% multi for next 4 sec.

TLDR 3.14 [blade vortex has been removed from the game] / worbed.

"
I like the area dmg cluster because its the only medium with a Life notable, and getting high life is what the build struggles with. But if you dont have unnerve on your gloves, Master of Fear + Evil Eye is superb dmg + utility.

Blind should be insane survavibility boost, much greater than whatever life you can eke out of cluster jewels, especially for hardest content.

Another interesting defensive possibility is 100% knockback with thunderstruck on large cluster, might become relevant at some 100% t19 delirium or something.
Last edited by WrongBlight on Jan 26, 2021, 10:49:34 PM
Hold on, have you tested and confirmed that Intensity stacks are snapshotted during the setup? I'm a bit surprised since everything else that works is Repeat related.
@RudyBaby for now i've only _visually_ confirmed AOE from it does not snaphsot during _setup_ as i stated, but that it snapshots until next _recast_ (so 4 sec window where you can run around / flame dash, which is normally impossible with intensify since you lose stacks by moving).
Whether that also applies to damage or it's just AOE, and whether AOE part is just visual - is the question.
You can google poe intensify blade vortex for some reddit threads on the matter.
If it does apply to damage - it is semi-abusable.

If it does not / is only visual - it's still an option for max dps if you can stand almost still for 4s / frontload some damage part, then cast BV first stack with it - to get highest dmg in that gem slot. But i guess at that point you can just consider using concentrated effect which is consistent and has 140% mana mult + 55% more multi.
Last edited by WrongBlight on Jan 27, 2021, 8:28:24 AM
i'm pretty new to the game and i like this buils so much.
wich is the gem that i need to use during leveling...for ex from 1 to 18 this...then this..sry but i dont know really what to use
Hello,

Thanks for the excellent build and guide.

I have a couple of questions:

1. When optimising for break points is it the pre-Indigon or post-Indigon mana cost that we're looking at?
The way I understand it is that Indigon scales based on mana spent in blocks of 200, but Archmage cares only that the post-indigon mana cost < max mana.

With my current gear:
- BV initial cost is 1628.
- BV post Indigon is 7826.
- Max Unreserved Mana = 8,676

2. I'm trying to fit in Vortex w/o Blood Magic to raise my post Indigon BV cost closer to my Max Unreserved Mana.
Because, I'm running it on Left Click, with Blood Magic linked, post-indigon it eats up 120 HP per 1.05s. My life regen is only 60.5/s.

Issue is...
Without Blood Magic on Vortex, when moving around spamming Vorex, I notice my post-indigon BV mana cost jumps between 7826 and 8601 for a cycle or two and after a bit it bugs out and the cost jumps to 10k - 11k.

I tried only re-applying BV every 4.3s but it doesn't seem to fix it.
I think my Vortex cost might be too high, but I'm not sure what Vortex mana cost I should be aiming for.

Right now, my Vortex costs 12 (pre) and 59 (post), with a CD of 1.05s.

3. I have a Watcher's Eye with 10% MOM while affected by Clarity and 1% Damage Leeched as Life while affected by Vitality.

I figure it's worth using Vitality (rank 1) to benefit from the passive.
It only reserves 44 mana (with essence worm penalty).

Is that worth using to replace the Doriyani's Lesson Cluster passive?
Last edited by Kalisstro on Jan 27, 2021, 2:47:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info