[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

Hey Guys,

its a very minor thing but i found a easy way to get the maximum out of The Wise Oak.

To get all uncapped resistances on the same level and max out all resistances you should get a Wildwrap that has 32% cold resistance. This way you can look for two stone rings with Fire and Lightning Resistance as base. Blessed Orbs are cheap so its pretty easy to roll them on 16% resistances each, those now together have the same resistances as the Wildwrap.

We get 89% resistances (Scion start, weathered hunter, sentinel, elmental mastery, cloth and chain) (or 101 if you take the ailment mastery) from the Tree + the 32 from the ring bases and wildwrap. This sets you at 121 (or 133 Resistances). You need 137 resistances for the cap. (Cold Resistance Cap is 77 + 60)

Now, depending on wich mastery you choose on the ailment immunity cluster, you only need either 16% (or 4%) all resistances. This is a Tier 1 Modifier so you should be able to find it on the non Frostbite Ring.

"
Reaven1911 wrote:
"
destinydesi wrote:
Hello!

Is it viable with Infernal Blow instead of Ice Crash? If yes would then POB be much different?

You could switch or do Infernal Blow early on but it requires a good amount of investment to make the single target damage good. One of the better ways of buffing IB's single target damage would be building crit with either a +% to crit chance watchers eye/chest piece, assassins mark or rigwald's talisman. Probably a mixture of a couple. Not to mention you would really want Brittle/Scorch/Sap and you would change from cold nodes (besides one for 40% conversion mastery) to generic ele damage and probably dual wield clusters instead of cold

Incorporating Trinity support on it would help a ton as well since with the cold conversion + hatred it'll proc it due to the explosions.

Basically take a look at And_Dang's if you're interested in the infernal blow variant but know it'll take more work than ice crash. I'm pretty sure he hasn't updated his guide as well.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
Last edited by Erseii on Feb 12, 2022, 1:40:21 PM
Hey Velyna,

i play this Build for the first time and its still nice thx for this.

Can u make maybe a update on the Flask section? Because they changed alot of them and the Names also.

Regards
i dont know about u guys but i get clapped by harvest tier 16 and eater of world mobs and i have no clue wat to do about it :)) also this chest wont 6 link dunno wats up with that
"
simudivermanu wrote:
i dont know about u guys but i get clapped by harvest tier 16 and eater of world mobs and i have no clue wat to do about it :)) also this chest wont 6 link dunno wats up with that

Yep, spent around 2k of fusing to connect it in 6, not to mention 5r1g.

Thanks for the build, feels really smooth.
Thinking about Forbidden flash/flame(tailwind or veteran bowyer), any suggestions?
"
Dartiuseg wrote:
"
simudivermanu wrote:

Thinking about Forbidden flash/flame(tailwind or veteran bowyer), any suggestions?

Took me ~80 fusings (got lucky - last season my BP took closer to 3K). The 5r1g isn't bad if you just use jewelers for off colors. I think that took me ~1K jewelers. You can also use the Harvest to swap colors (I ended up with 4r2g initially and just used a harvest that adds 1r1g randomly to flip things).
"
Dartiuseg wrote:
"
simudivermanu wrote:

edited:
With your setup you have 3m dps, avg dmg 895k and atk rate of 3.38, removing both to make space for forbidden flame and flesh lowers it to 2.7m dps 830k. I didn't know what you had on brutal restraint so your dps should be higher than what I listed if you add the nodes on there. Also didn't tick on potions.

Also note that I didn't mess with enemy cold resistance on the PoB. I don't really know if I need to change something on it or whatever if someone does, let me know.

Now I tried multiple ones mainly

Gathering Winds (Tailwind)= 3.2m dps with average 830k + 3.86 atk rate
Veteran Bowyer = 3m dps with avg 938k + flask utility
Avatar of the Veil = 3m dps with avg 819k, 3.66 atk rate
(I added the one free point from removing the node on scion start since without pure talent it's wasted into onslaught effect near leech node)

Veteran Bowyer has the highest dmg increase based on avg dmg but with the lowest atk speed. Which if you just want higher damage per hit then it's the best. Not to mention the flask utility for mobbing.

Avatar of the Veil has lowest avg dmg but much faster atk speed and same dps overall as Veteran Bowyer so if you want to go fast but on a budget I'd go with this one.

Gathering Winds is the winner on atk spd and dps but not on avg dmg. I would definitely go for this if your pockets can handle it.
Last edited by Erseii on Feb 15, 2022, 5:37:39 PM
Do we still use unnatural instinct? Cannot find it in POB. If so, which socket?
"
Padashuruar wrote:
Do we still use unnatural instinct? Cannot find it in POB. If so, which socket?

to the left of magebane and near scion start is where you would put unnatural instinct, make sure to to take the projectile damage nodes on the way to the socket and not the resistances so you don't miss out on it.
Any tips on getting tankier? My dps has been decent so far especially on a 5 link with an offcolor. I seem to keep getting 1 shot at least twice a map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info