[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
sushibagel wrote:
To start with thanks for the build Velyna. It's been a lot of fun so far!

Now question time. What neck enchant should we be going with? I don't believe you mentioned it in your video and you show several different ones between the forum equipment and the various POBs.

I start with Discipline and Training, moving to Tenacity when I can afford it.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Hi, I started playing PoE about a week ago with the release of 3.17 to muck about with some friends and I've totally fallen in love with this build.

Currently still working my way through the end of Act's bit by bit as I learn the game and I have noticed in your PoB builds you have got the example characters equipment as all Armour, no Evasion apart from Starkonja's Head, despite the passives in the tree all increasing Evasion rating. I am a bit confused here, are we supposed to be getting all Armour while using the pre-transitional build?

Also if I have managed to pick up a few Chaos Orbs in my levelling process should I be spending them on stuff like a Terminus Est sword or just holding onto them for a Perfect Form and other transitional build gear?

Sorry if this is a stupid newbie question. Thanks for the nice guide :)
Last edited by Griddead on Feb 11, 2022, 8:42:55 AM
"
Griddead wrote:
Hi, I started playing PoE about a week ago with the release of 3.17 to muck about with some friends and I've totally fallen in love with this build.

Currently still working my way through the end of Act's bit by bit as I learn the game and I have noticed in your PoB builds you have got the example characters equipment as all Armour, no Evasion apart from Starkonja's Head, despite the passives in the tree all increasing Evasion rating. I am a bit confused here, are we supposed to be getting all Armour while using the pre-transitional build?

Also if I have managed to pick up a few Chaos Orbs in my levelling process should I be spending them on stuff like a Terminus Est sword or just holding onto them for a Perfect Form and other transitional build gear?

Get a terminus for sure, it will make your grinding much smoother.

Most of the evasion nodes also give armour and I just like to have some mitigation as well as avoidance. Don't worry too much about that, if you find a good evasion piece with life and resists just wear that its no problem.

Glad you're enjoying :)
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Dumb questions from me: Sorry.

1. I don't see a continuation beyond passive 70 for non-HP until getting HP. Any suggestions on what to go once there?

2. It looked like the suggested passives from ascendency changed in a day. On my PoBuilding I see to go into Avatar of the Slaughter and then head toward Veil - but the guide here is now suggesting differently. Did those get updated or modified as a result of changes from this week / league?

Leaguestart should go to level 91, it was just updated so make sure you have the newest one.

The ascend order did change last league yes.

Sorry I haven't responded to this. Huge thanks for the response, Velyna. Missed the new build and was confused after that first day but rectified that incredibly fast. Build is pretty incredible.

Pairing with a buddy who is deep skeletal mage build and they work pretty well in tandem with each other. My next few upgrades are all 5 ex+ at this point (Frostbite ring with solid life and dex, awakened multistrike, etc.)

I went for TWO of the THREE "desirable" traits on the 8 slot jewel and the DPS increase was insane - well worth just grabbing 2 traits (blanketed snow / cold to the core.) Like, well over 200k+ paper DPS alone (which obviously is a fraction of the real power increase.)

The only big issue I'd say I have is survivability (ironically disorienting would help with that - last I saw the triple jewel is 20-40ex). If I don't respond to a smack in time it will likely result in my death - certain maps that have ranged and are smaller hallways can be death traps if played incorrectly. That can happen on any red map, but red maps are -not- really an issue. Bosses aren't, either.

Eater was easy as pie. Searing is much harder with this build but I was also missing substantial damage (that jewel) at the time.

Build has been a blast. Picked up the red crystal ice crash and it makes for a really pretty mapping experience.

Important note for anyone using this build:

It is ABSOLUTELY VIABLE to 5 link this build even up through T16. I only just 6L'd my wildwrap last night.

I actually went for 5R, 1G FIRST - found someone selling it for far less than it probably should have been sold for. Then just spammed fusings and got it in around 400.

Would be happy to help with DPS increases or advice. Velyna has an awesome build, here, and is also incredibly helpful - always answering questions.
Last edited by funkylordwedge on Feb 11, 2022, 10:16:50 AM
"

Would be happy to help with DPS increases or advice. Velyna has an awesome build, here, and is also incredibly helpful - always answering questions.

Characters are set to private, if you make a PoB I can check it.
Last edited by Velyna on Feb 11, 2022, 10:49:04 AM
"
Velyna wrote:
"

Fixed!
"
"
Velyna wrote:
"

Fixed!

- attribute catalysts on belt/amulet

- boot and helm enchants (10% pen on boots is INSANE for boss DPS)

- looks like no watchers eye? get one of those :)
Hello!

Is it viable with Infernal Blow instead of Ice Crash? If yes would then POB be much different?
"
Velyna wrote:
"
Griddead wrote:

Get a terminus for sure, it will make your grinding much smoother.

Most of the evasion nodes also give armour and I just like to have some mitigation as well as avoidance. Don't worry too much about that, if you find a good evasion piece with life and resists just wear that its no problem.

Thank you! :)
"
destinydesi wrote:
Hello!

Is it viable with Infernal Blow instead of Ice Crash? If yes would then POB be much different?

You could switch or do Infernal Blow early on but it requires a good amount of investment to make the single target damage good. One of the better ways of buffing IB's single target damage would be building crit with either a +% to crit chance watchers eye/chest piece, assassins mark or rigwald's talisman. Probably a mixture of a couple. Not to mention you would really want Brittle/Scorch/Sap and you would change from cold nodes (besides one for 40% conversion mastery) to generic ele damage and probably dual wield clusters instead of cold
Last edited by Reaven1911 on Feb 11, 2022, 10:05:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info