[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
canercetin wrote:
Hey Velyna, I just switched to one with nothing, Wildwrap 5L (multistrike-ele damage with attacks-faster attacks- ice crash-fortify), fractural thoughts, garukhaan and I have approx 880 dex now. Mapping feels smooth but my single target damage is utter trash. What can I do for killing bosses? Swapping to Fist of War gem barely ever helps.

- Helm and boot enchants are both huge boss DPS

- Cyclopean Coil

- Looks like your tree isnt matching the PoB, missing a couple key masteries and jewel slots.

- Lions Roar and Wise Oak

- Pure Talent once you connect to Scion start

- No dex on one ring
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Feb 7, 2022, 3:05:00 PM
"
canercetin wrote:
Hey Velyna, I just switched to one with nothing, Wildwrap 5L (multistrike-ele damage with attacks-faster attacks- ice crash-fortify), fractural thoughts, garukhaan and I have approx 880 dex now. Mapping feels smooth but my single target damage is utter trash. What can I do for killing bosses? Swapping to Fist of War gem barely ever helps.

Don't switch to fist of war since ranger's power is in speed as well if anything switch faster attacks with icebite or hypothermia (unsure which is better sorry)

If you aren't already, make sure to grab taste of hate or even just lion's roar as well as a vaal ancestral warchief and pop them when bossing. These builds usually reach around 1300 dex or so, so you've got a lot of room for improvement in the long run. DPS may feel lacking now but just do baby steps on upgrades.

For immediate improvement though, I'd buy the flasks that she has on the PoB and Vaal Ancestral Warchief really does help a lot on single target. You can pop two vaals when engaging a boss btw for more dps. Clusters as well if you can afford em, just copy her PoB it just takes a bit.

Don't forget to follow her PoB unless you know what you're doin

Sorry for hijacking again lol, was checking if someone's encountered the new bosses yet so I could ask how Ice Crash was against em.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
Last edited by Erseii on Feb 7, 2022, 3:10:49 PM
"
RocketLeague wrote:
Hello, what weapon are you supposed to use with this build?

None. Neither shields or gloves.

Hollow Palm gives damage based on your Dex while you don't have anything on your hands and arms.
Thanks a lot guys!

shit I just killed that T12 eater of the worlds and 6 boss Maven. Many many thanks I guess.
Last edited by canercetin on Feb 7, 2022, 3:48:02 PM
Congrats, how was the eater of worlds? just started mapping today and a lil bit scared of him
Finally got the proper Jewel and Garukhan's up. 4k life 1~ mil pob boss dps with everything up. Great build even for league starting :)

Just gotta get my life pool/defenses up and start saving up for the expensive dps upgrades like a brutal restraint and 6l

Edit: Just got a lucky TS enchant in Uber and have 2~ ex to spend on upgrades. Any suggestions on particularly big ones?
Last edited by Reaven1911 on Feb 8, 2022, 5:38:21 AM
Hi! Thank you very much for the guide.

What happened to the weapon recipe we had in previous leagues? Is it not working anymore?
"
Reaven1911 wrote:
Finally got the proper Jewel and Garukhan's up. 4k life 1~ mil pob boss dps with everything up. Great build even for league starting :)

Just gotta get my life pool/defenses up and start saving up for the expensive dps upgrades like a brutal restraint and 6l

Edit: Just got a lucky TS enchant in Uber and have 2~ ex to spend on upgrades. Any suggestions on particularly big ones?

For the most noticeable upgrade
I'd go with a 8 or 9 preferably 8, Increased Cold damage cluster if you can find one with cold to the core and another useful node, if you can find a 3 passive without it being too expensive it would be worth it too but two for now would be okay.

You can also try to transition out of cyclopean coil by grabbing a %13-15 increased Dex belt (make sure that it's 13% minimum without any intrinsic catalyst on it) and use deafening essence of sorrows on it until you have something you can work with.

You can also look for a better alternative to your Rage Hold Topaz Ring, It's good but you can look for more dexterity in there but definitely wouldn't be a super priority.

I'm not so sure that trying to get a 6 link of your wildwrap would be beneficial so that's good until you'll really pushing endgame.

-You can also try to get an awakened cold penetration
a level 21/20 Ice Crash shouldn't be too expensive and would give an upgrade
-Use GCP on multistrike support because the upgrades for those are crazy expensive and would not be something you can grab easily.
Fortify, if you decide to get an awakened cold pen, definitely use gcp on those too.

Lastly, you can use intrinsic catalyst on your astramentis and your frostbite ring since those look like they'll stay. Also consider divine orbing that astramentis for a bit more dex although a lot of these is basically min-max shenanigans.

For now my recommendation would be cluster if you don't have em.

Do keep in mind if you change your belt that since Cyclopean Coil increases attributes by 10% you might run into attribute problems for int and str.
Last edited by Erseii on Feb 8, 2022, 5:01:08 PM
Firstly let me say thanks for the build guide. I'm enjoying the playstyle and feel of the build.

I do have questions for the defence side of the build, any input from anyone would be appreciated.

Enemy spells are dealt with fine with 100% spell suppression chance. But I seem to be getting one shot a lot by attacks.

The defence layers I have set up now include:
-The armour and evasion included in the POB tree.
-Lions Roar
-Immortal call CWDT
-Capped Ele Res
-Lunaris pantheon
-4.2k Life

I still am struggling with T12+ content. Also Why do we tick : Do you have endurance Charges in POB configuration for the endgame POB? What is our source of endurance charges? Am II missing something?

Thanks in Advance.

"
Firstly let me say thanks for the build guide. I'm enjoying the playstyle and feel of the build.

I do have questions for the defence side of the build, any input from anyone would be appreciated.

Enemy spells are dealt with fine with 100% spell suppression chance. But I seem to be getting one shot a lot by attacks.

The defence layers I have set up now include:
-The armour and evasion included in the POB tree.
-Lions Roar
-Immortal call CWDT
-Capped Ele Res
-Lunaris pantheon
-4.2k Life

I still am struggling with T12+ content. Also Why do we tick : Do you have endurance Charges in POB configuration for the endgame POB? What is our source of endurance charges? Am II missing something?

Thanks in Advance.

The endurance charges come from small cluster, and also you can add Fortify to that list.

So usually when people say this I tell them that damage will increase your defense, because everything will be frozen.

There is also the option to go Iron Reflexes. I don't personally like the feel of it but some people do so you can try that out if you want.

4.2k is quite low on the HP side, higher rolls on ring would help a lot and you will also get more from the boots as DEX goes up.

The helm enchant would be a big increase in your freeze power.

If what you are dying to is boss type mobs, the boot enchant will help with that through more DPS also.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Feb 9, 2022, 6:58:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info