[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
Which means the damage will be lower when mapping, but once you get your Withered stacks going, the damage will be higher.
Bosses are the only scenarios where you need more damage though.

You can try playing with withering step if you want some source of withered while mapping.

Yup! Don't think the nerf will be noticeable, but the buff to Withered is welcome :) Wasn't meant as a catastrophe, but sacrificing a bit of damage for map clear to buff bossing, which is awesome.
or you can end up anointing something else.

theres going to be a massive passive tree change with many relocated and many new nodes.
will be very interesting to see
"
xMustard wrote:
or you can end up anointing something else.

theres going to be a massive passive tree change with many relocated and many new nodes.
will be very interesting to see
Indeed. You might even consider a defensive anointment when damage is already plenty.

I was wondering whether we can get anything out of reworked warcries but sadly it seems they only buff melee attacks not ranged.
Thanks for great guide, appreciate it.

Could I please get some feedback on progression, example:

Can I do early confortable red maps day 2 in new league with ~50C investment?
Can I do comfortable shaper day 3 with ~2 ex investment?

Thanks!
"
BeastCC wrote:
Thanks for great guide, appreciate it.

Could I please get some feedback on progression, example:

Can I do early confortable red maps day 2 in new league with ~50C investment?
Can I do comfortable shaper day 3 with ~2 ex investment?

Thanks!

Yes and yes.

For 50c, you basically just need to buy a 6-link short bow from porcupine div cards, hit it with a shrieking essence of dread for the +2 bow skills, then get plain life/resistance rares in every other slot. Level 6+ additional toxic rain gems to get a good chance at corrupting one to level 21, and use damage on full life support or efficacy instead of empower. You'll need to have an enduring mana flask or two for mana sustain, but that should be enough to get all the way to endgame. Before you have access to cluster jewels, you can route to the scion life wheel and pick up one of the duration clusters, eventually refunding those points when you have the large + two medium cluster jewels.

For 3 ex, you can get some of the useful budget unique like carcass jack, vertex, and atziri's step. Shaper will be no problem if you understand the mechanics of the fight.
I really enjoyed the playstyle of this build and definitely want to try it again next league. Since i didn't use it at the start any specific thing i should know about the leveling process? Or do you just equip TR in Act1 and go from there?
"
Damzor8 wrote:
I really enjoyed the playstyle of this build and definitely want to try it again next league. Since i didn't use it at the start any specific thing i should know about the leveling process? Or do you just equip TR in Act1 and go from there?
Equip caustic arrow after killing hillock, toxic rain at 12 (at merveil quest), run both in 3-4 link whatever gear you find and should be good to go.

Grab dash when they give you, skitterbots for early aura until you can get the proper ones.

Early supports you can pick:
- pierce for CA (mercy mission)
- mirage for TR (also mercy mission, vendor)
- void manipulation for both (brutus quest)
- conc effect for CA in act2 / sadly it says shadow doesn't get vicious proj but if you have a friend who can trade you grab 2 for both skills
- swift affliction in act3

- defo do library quest not only unlocks some supports you normally can't buy, but also gives second wind which is really good to link with mobility skill

If you wanna bother with the "pro" strats you can try with onslaught support and smoke mine early on but I never tried, so can't say.

Also you can rush the new added node "no witnesses" close to the power charge on shadow area, people speculate this is gonna be better than onslaught support. It's on the path to growth & decay kinda so not much out of the way.

If you find a +1 bow early it can boost your damage but only for the skill in the bow.

I think it's very straightforward contrary to builds that have to level with another skill / respec.
Does anyone know how toxic rain works with partial duration? Like if it is ticking damage how it says (every second) does it get a huge spike from 2.8x duration to 3x duration?
all damage over time builds do not need to wait a specific time to do their damage, they merely do their damage constantly and we're the ones that average it to "damage per second".

so partial duration like 2.5 seconds or whatever is fine. specifically you just want each pod from toxic rain to last as long as possible
Rlauren2, amazing guide as always.

Has anyone had any experience levelling a TR char as starter? Is it doable or is it preferable to lvl as ED-C or something else? CA perhaps?
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info