[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
Damzor8 wrote:
Does it work against any form of bleeding? I got quite used to not having to panic spam my life flask like a noob because of it. :D
No, you still need a staunching flask, but normal bleed won't be spammed on you unless you have a map with vulnerability curse or something. Now corrupted blood can be reapplied extremely fast by a mob that is capable of doing it and 20 stacks of it can insta kill you. So the gem is needed or you'll run out of flask charges and die when you face a pack that can do it (or boss, Piety can do it too on one map I think).
"
rlauren2 wrote:
Depending on how adept you are at organizing your betrayal board, it's possible to farm Leo in research for exalt slams fairly reliably. You can use this to lower the cost of crafting tremendously. Alt-augment-regal crafting into 2 notables and 2 jewel sockets is pretty easy with the chaos jewels. Alt-augment-regal into 3 notables is a bit tougher, but it gives you a better chance at hitting the proper outcome with the slam.

My board is a mess baucause i didn't know what i was doing, but i watched some videos about Betrayal and i'll attempt to use it efficiently next league.
Today while mapping i found a normal 8 passives large jewel with chaos damage and tried to craft from it to practice a bit. With just a bit of chaos spamming i landed on this:

Which is the exact same one i'm using now, so i guess the lesson is that using your currency can save you some!
Last edited by Damzor8 on Jun 1, 2020, 10:32:42 PM
Hey this probably gets asked a lot, so feel free to skip it:

Question 1) How does this build compares to "Toxic Rain | All Content 4m+ Shaper DPS | Fast Mapping + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder" by typicaldemon[1]?

[1]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2467666/page/1

Question 2) what about hyrre's iri as a chest (10% dodge + a lot of ES)?

Question 3) why not using discipline instead of flesh and stone (+ craft - mana o rings)?
Last edited by thalesfc on Jun 2, 2020, 2:10:13 AM
@thalesfc, here are my thoughts on question 1 and 2.

It's mostly a life build, A perfect Hyrri's Ire would give slightly above 100 ES more than a Carcass Jack, but we will get a good chunk of life from Carcass Jack, some resistances, a ton of Inc. AoE and some area damage. I mean sure the 10% dodge would be nice, but ends up more expensive than a good carcass jack.

I'm not sure how much ES discipline would give us, probably not a huge chunk, since we're still a life build, but F&S gives blind to nearby enemies and less damage taken to those who aren't near, is really nice.
"
thalesfc wrote:
Question 1) How does this build compares to "Toxic Rain | All Content 4m+ Shaper DPS | Fast Mapping + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder" by typicaldemon[1]?

Question 3) why not using discipline instead of flesh and stone (+ craft - mana o rings)?
1) This build focuses more on cluster jewels than the other one, I'd say wait for patch notes to see if clusters stay in the game (I hope so) and whether they get nerfed (might be likely) before you decide to commit. Clusters can be very powerful but that's exactly the problem - they might get nerfed because of it.

2) Carcass is a dps option, also has life. Meanwhile Hyrri offers a lot of evasion and dodge, but has no life and it's damage bonus has 0 synergy with this build (it's great for ice shot though). Since this build wants to maximize dps, Carcass is a great option because increased aoe increases pods "shotgunning" potential and it also has a damage mod too. If you want to sacrifice dps for extra dodge, that's up to you.

3. It says so in the guide you need the -mana cost:
"
- Open prefix for non-channeling skills have -9 to total mana cost craft

You need an open prefix for the mana craft, which is mandatory.
About auras, discipline means you'd have to sacrifice either aspect of the spider or flesh&stone, and unless you're building hybrid (heavy ES investment besides life) I don't see the reason to. I think flesh & stone is a great defensive aura, imagine grace reserves double the mana (yes, I know this build doesn't use it, only vaal grace, but just for comparison) and debatably is not even stronger than flesh&stone.

Personally I played on a pathfinder, not trickster, so I never really had a need to play hybrid, I imagine the reason to do that on trickster was ghost shrouds + escape artist synergy and lack of life nodes in vicinity, but that can be solved by clusters, if you lack life just slap some small clusters with fettle like every other life build.

The upside of playing hybrid is more reliable uptime on damage on full life support, but this build doesn't use it (while the other did I think? the one that had discipline in it). The downside is you'll be probably more vulnerable to chaos damage as your ES doesn't increase your effective HP against chaos. And you have to spend points on tree for ES scaling too.

Feel free to wait for rlauren official reply though.

In a few hours there's gonna be new league announcement too and hope we'll learn the fate of cluster jewels for 3.11.
"
It's mostly a life build, A perfect Hyrri's Ire would give slightly above 100 ES more than a Carcass Jack, but we will get a good chunk of life from Carcass Jack, some resistances, a ton of Inc. AoE and some area damage. I mean sure the 10% dodge would be nice, but ends up more expensive than a good carcass jack.

perfect, thanks!
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
thalesfc wrote:

1) This build focuses more on cluster jewels than the other one, I'd say wait for patch notes to see if clusters stay in the game (I hope so) and whether they get nerfed (might be likely) before you decide to commit. Clusters can be very powerful but that's exactly the problem - they might get nerfed because of it.

2) Carcass is a dps option, also has life. Meanwhile Hyrri offers a lot of evasion and dodge, but has no life and it's damage bonus has 0 synergy with this build (it's great for ice shot though). Since this build wants to maximize dps, Carcass is a great option because increased aoe increases pods "shotgunning" potential and it also has a damage mod too. If you want to sacrifice dps for extra dodge, that's up to you.

3. It says so in the guide you need the -mana cost:
"
- Open prefix for non-channeling skills have -9 to total mana cost craft

You need an open prefix for the mana craft, which is mandatory.
About auras, discipline means you'd have to sacrifice either aspect of the spider or flesh&stone, and unless you're building hybrid (heavy ES investment besides life) I don't see the reason to. I think flesh & stone is a great defensive aura, imagine grace reserves double the mana (yes, I know this build doesn't use it, only vaal grace, but just for comparison) and debatably is not even stronger than flesh&stone.

Personally I played on a pathfinder, not trickster, so I never really had a need to play hybrid, I imagine the reason to do that on trickster was ghost shrouds + escape artist synergy and lack of life nodes in vicinity, but that can be solved by clusters, if you lack life just slap some small clusters with fettle like every other life build.

The upside of playing hybrid is more reliable uptime on damage on full life support, but this build doesn't use it (while the other did I think? the one that had discipline in it). The downside is you'll be probably more vulnerable to chaos damage as your ES doesn't increase your effective HP against chaos. And you have to spend points on tree for ES scaling too.

Feel free to wait for rlauren official reply though.

In a few hours there's gonna be new league announcement too and hope we'll learn the fate of cluster jewels for 3.11.

Perfect, I agree with all your points.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
As far as QoL or more ehp, what would you recommend? I recently added "No Witnesses" to my character

If your Boots are Rare and only need basic stuff like Movespeed, Life and Resists, you can consider getting a Two-Toned crafting base with T1 Life and Movespeed (the Matatl's 6% Dodge variant is optional since it can be quite expensive) and a spare Prefix, Scour them to multimod 100% total resists.

Buying the non Matatl's base is pretty cheap iirc, around 20C at the cheapest depending. Slamming the crafted boots with a Redeemer Orb gives you a chance to get the Elusive prefix, even if you get Tailwind it can resell for a ton for you to try again.

tl;dr if you can craft Elusive on your boots this way you can probably swap out No Witnesses for more damage or other defensive notables.

Note: I'm not an expert at crafting by any means but on my builds I almost always forgo No Witnesses if I can get the Elusive prefix on my boots.
hay you i ahve a question
how can i calculate the dps out of POB ? i cannot find there the 304k dps per pod or isnt is possible to see the real pod dps with pob ?
"
tl;dr if you can craft Elusive on your boots this way you can probably swap out No Witnesses for more damage or other defensive notables.

Note: I'm not an expert at crafting by any means but on my builds I almost always forgo No Witnesses if I can get the Elusive prefix on my boots.
With 4-5% crit chance do you think the boot mod is reliable when it requires critting to proc elusive?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info